If Eagles Don't Win the Superbowl This Year, Epic Failure

Options
arbitration
arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
No more excuses for Vick, Reid, and the rest of these ? . Y'all got all the pieces in place now. No more excuses

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is true. But pretty obvious.

And honestly, the modern NFL is NOT the league to do that "voltron" ? . For example, the Redskins have been the most active team in free-agency for the last decade. How much good has that done them?
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I almost co-signed but my Boys still look decent, and the Pats and Falcons look like they got a major shot...But yeah Im clowning ALL Eagles fans if they blow it...
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wasnt the same thing said about the new york jets last year?And what ended up happening...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB2oxPI-v4bf6_c_oaKfYjS0v1UMp1qq4iLAjCT-G_YIutt2sT
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is true. But pretty obvious.

And honestly, the modern NFL is NOT the league to do that "voltron" ? . For example, the Redskins have been the most active team in free-agency for the last decade. How much good has that done them?

None whatsoever....Can't buy Super Bowls.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nawww they still got holes just like every other team
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When you look around the league the last 10 years or so, the Champs have been teams with a even yet *quiet* mix of free agents and homegrown talent.

Every team shops in the free-agent market, but I'm sittin' here trying to think of the last team to go out and make a big splash in free-agency that immediately led to a championship -- and I'm drawing a blank. I have to go back to the mid-90s Niners and Cowboys.

Even championship teams like the Patriots stopped winning super bowls around the same time they start bringing in "big names".

Makes you wonder....
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Wasnt the same thing said about the new york jets last year?And what ended up happening...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB2oxPI-v4bf6_c_oaKfYjS0v1UMp1qq4iLAjCT-G_YIutt2sT

FOH, who said that? If anything, ppl were saying their chances of making the playoffs were suspect b/c they had a 2nd year QB starting. SMH @ ppl engaging in revisionist history.

For all u eagles fans strutting up and down cheap seats right now, trust that we gonna bump the ? out of this thread and pour some ether on ur souls if Vick ain't hoisting up the lombardy by february
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    FOH, who said that? If anything, ppl were saying their chances of making the playoffs were suspect b/c they had a 2nd year QB starting. SMH @ ppl engaging in revisionist history.

For all u eagles fans strutting up and down cheap seats right now, trust that we gonna bump the ? out of this thread and pour some ether on ur souls if Vick ain't hoisting up the lombardy by february

Where you in cs after the jets beat the patriots?...or even when they signed LT in the offseason a year ago to share rushes with rb shon greene.
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    JUXcaptainHOOK Members Posts: 406
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When you look around the league the last 10 years or so, the Champs have been teams with a even yet *quiet* mix of free agents and homegrown talent.

Every team shops in the free-agent market, but I'm sittin' here trying to think of the last team to go out and make a big splash in free-agency that immediately led to a championship -- and I'm drawing a blank. I have to go back to the mid-90s Niners and Cowboys.

Even championship teams like the Patriots stopped winning super bowls around the same time they start bringing in "big names".

Makes you wonder....

word... besides T.O. going to the eagles (reached SB and lost) and The "Perfect" Patriots with Moss who also lost the SB... idk who else made an immediate change in the NFL as a FA recently
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Are folks really sleeping on Green Bay who get back a Legit RB and a Pro Bowl TE? U guys better respect the Championship belt...

imager.php?id=1737331&t=o GIFSoup

imager.php?id=1741292&t=o GIFSoup

imager.php?id=1728534&t=o GIFSoup

imager.php?id=129407&t=o GIFSoup
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Are folks really sleeping on Green Bay who get back a Legit RB and a Pro Bowl TE? U guys better respect the Championship belt...

imager.php?id=1737331&t=o GIFSoup

imager.php?id=1741292&t=o GIFSoup

imager.php?id=1728534&t=o GIFSoup

imager.php?id=129407&t=o GIFSoup

the only ? sleeping on Green Bay is the creator of this thread. Eagles need better offensive lines men to advance further in the play off. Rodgers will dissect any defense in his way. ? green bay though
  • Mellow Hype
    Mellow Hype Members Posts: 916
    edited July 2011
    Options
    One player isn't gonna bring the title. lmao. Their d-line is weak. Their LBs are decent at best. They will have a good pass defense, but they will get burnt in the run game. believe that.
    See you ? eagle fans october 30th. The boys are coming.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Eagles ain't gonna do ? !!! Packers gonna repeat!!!
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Packers/Patriots in the Super Bowl...Eagles aint gonna make it just yet...I still thk Andy Reid needs to leave....
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    we still have a rookie and 2nd year starting safety and NO linebackers whatsoever yet

still work in progress bruh
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    we still have a rookie and 2nd year starting safety and NO linebackers whatsoever yet

still work in progress bruh

And whose fault is that?? Reid knows good and well linebackers are a glaring concern on defense, a lot of great splashes in free agency, yet this was not addressed yet. Key word, yet.

Fact is, they are a huge favorite to win a Super Bowl this year, by Vegas and by fans. I'm from Philly as well, and the second Nnamdi's name was mentioned, that Super Bowl buzz from the NFC Championship years started right back up, with people forgetting about the whole linebacker and O-line concerns.

Anything less will be a huge disappointment, and heads will have to roll.
  • the_apprentice
    the_apprentice Members Posts: 156
    edited July 2011
    Options
    One player isn't gonna bring the title. lmao. Their d-line is weak. Their LBs are decent at best. They will have a good pass defense, but they will get burnt in the run game. believe that.
    See you ? eagle fans october 30th. The boys are coming.
    I almost co-signed but my Boys still look decent, and the Pats and Falcons look like they got a major shot...But yeah Im clowning ALL Eagles fans if they blow it...

? is discussing Super Bowl contenders and yall wanna mention the Cowboys?????
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? is discussing Super Bowl contenders and yall wanna mention the Cowboys?????

Dallas no threat...lucky to go 8-8
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOL @ the Cowboys......they did get rid of Simpin' Roy, though.....all my people that are Bears fans ain't too happy about that....lol
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    LOL @ the Cowboys......they did get rid of Simpin' Roy, though.....all my people that are Bears fans ain't too happy about that....lol

So u sayin' Bears fans can't appreciate a WR that celebrates 5 yard catches like he just scored a touchdown?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So u sayin' Bears fans can't appreciate a WR that celebrates 5 yard catches like he just scored a touchdown?

Lol................
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No more excuses for Vick, Reid, and the rest of these ? . Y'all got all the pieces in place now. No more excuses

We still have an average offensive line and weak linebackers, football is not an on paper sport, we aren't a lock to win a playoff game let alone a sb so this ? isn't true
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    philly are he knicks of the nfl

no, we have a DECENT defense
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    We still have an average offensive line and weak linebackers, football is not an on paper sport, we aren't a lock to win a playoff game let alone a sb so this ? isn't true

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

"Lombardy".....word