Father OWNS the police

Options

Comments

• bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    Just so you know if you google some of the things he was saying you can read up on some of it like the delegation of authority for instance. He wasn't COMPLETELY wrong, maybe the application of it in this instance. But you can also find some of what he was saying within immigration law also. But either way it goes law is only good if it can be applied correctly to the situation at hand. For instance at the beginning of the conversation police officers do have to give you some information though it doesn't show on the video what information he's been asking about. Also you DO have to give your name to police officers if they ask which I think he might have said the opposite. But your name or producing an identification is the ONLY thing you have to give to an officer you do not have to give any other information to them.

But honestly even if he didn't know exactly how he should apply his rights or how his rights applied to his situation at that time him knowing a little bit about unimportant law allowed him to say and do what he wanted at that given time. Showing an uninformed person you know a little bit about a little bit is sometimes enough to get your point across.

yeh respect for that man, im just gna study up hard.....ive been stopped for the most stupidest reasons and have had to give my details about who i am and where i live and i dont see how that ? is fair......i was standing outside a shopping center, waiting for my friend for about 10mins and supposedly that was me acting suspicious so i got searched and had to give my details......that was when i was younger so i let it happen, thers no way i would now though.....but yeh, basically i have to leave my house thinking if i stand in one spot to long or walk up and down a road i should expect to get stopped and questioned......? crazy.

but yeh as for the bolded, im sure if you give them your name, or a piece of ID they can pretty much access all info on you, especially if u got a record?

man its crazy how people who we fund to "protect us" dont even understand the rules they are meant to be upholding....at my job if i dont know the history, the aim and goals of the company, the technological advances etc...then you best believe im getting fired...and lives dont rely on me doing my job right
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    yeh respect for that man, im just gna study up hard.....ive been stopped for the most stupidest reasons and have had to give my details about who i am and where i live and i dont see how that ? is fair......i was standing outside a shopping center, waiting for my friend for about 10mins and supposedly that was me acting suspicious so i got searched and had to give my details......that was when i was younger so i let it happen, thers no way i would now though.....but yeh, basically i have to leave my house thinking if i stand in one spot to long or walk up and down a road i should expect to get stopped and questioned......? crazy.

but yeh as for the bolded, im sure if you give them your name, or a piece of ID they can pretty much access all info on you, especially if u got a record?

man its crazy how people who we fund to "protect us" dont even understand the rules they are meant to be upholding....at my job if i dont know the history, the aim and goals of the company, the technological advances etc...then you best believe im getting fired...and lives dont rely on me doing my job right

As far as the search goes if what you're saying is all of it they didn't have a right to search you though most people consent to searches which gives them permission but you don't HAVE to. They have to have cause to search you...like if they seen you with something hanging out of your pocket or they maybe seen you putting out a blunt or even if you just "smell like weed" all of which would be a bit hard for you to argue in court.

And yeah once you give your name and they find you in the system they have all information through DMV files and criminal files that are on record.

And yeah there should most definately be some sort of minimum understanding of basic law and human rights that is above what they are supposed to know at this moment. In order to be a cop they learn a lot of what they can do but don't learn as much of what they cannot it seems. Then plus if everyone is letting them do it they start expecting it. Like cops look at me crazy when I tell them I'm not consenting to a search. I've had them go so far as to argue with me about why I should be letting them search my house no mention of any laws or anything just that I'm "making myself seem like I'm hiding something" because I will not let them in my house. But they had to leave and get off my property angry.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't know what the ? he talkin bout so I guess he did drop knowledge

lmao......
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    some of you ? seem mad dude didnt get arrested or beat
    ? the police
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Honestly, this is proof that ? sometimes give themselves more trouble than they need. My freshman year my friends got BAKED and were skunked out. We were in my room watching The Incredibles(I was doing laundry all day and they came into my room an were chillin' and ? . RA smelled the bud, called the cops. Cop asked permission to search my room(although he didn't need permission cuz it was on campus), but I didn't have any bud in my possession(thank ? ), and I'm like "yeah man, have at it." I made sure I told him about some tea bushes my mom sent me so he wouldn't think it was bud. ? lectures me about "watching the company you keep" and bounced.

These two ? in my dorm talmbout how they woulda say "? no" and "you got a warrant" all this extra ? .

Like bruh, they PROBABLY would've just given you your kid anyways. Just take your ? ' child and call it a day. ? videotapin', talkin' stupid ? , when they have no reason to.

Everybody think it's 1965, they in birmingham, and they with MLK. ? it's 2011, you in the suburbs, and you bring unnecessary ? on yourself for no ? ' reason. THEY were fighting for a cause. Rest of these new ? just fightin' to say they fightin'. Word to Jena 6.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited July 2011
    Options

Here's an example of a white guy tryna soapbox.

These people don't realize how stupid they look. It's not even clever trolling. It's just blatantly searching for attention.
  • bdbdbd
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As far as the search goes if what you're saying is all of it they didn't have a right to search you though most people consent to searches which gives them permission but you don't HAVE to. They have to have cause to search you...like if they seen you with something hanging out of your pocket or they maybe seen you putting out a blunt or even if you just "smell like weed" all of which would be a bit hard for you to argue in court.

And yeah once you give your name and they find you in the system they have all information through DMV files and criminal files that are on record.

And yeah there should most definately be some sort of minimum understanding of basic law and human rights that is above what they are supposed to know at this moment. In order to be a cop they learn a lot of what they can do but don't learn as much of what they cannot it seems. Then plus if everyone is letting them do it they start expecting it. Like cops look at me crazy when I tell them I'm not consenting to a search. I've had them go so far as to argue with me about why I should be letting them search my house no mention of any laws or anything just that I'm "making myself seem like I'm hiding something" because I will not let them in my house. But they had to leave and get off my property angry.

yeh man that was literally all that happened.....and they brought a whole van to me, like they were expecting me to pull guns on them or sumthing....back then i was younger though so i didnt really know what to do so i just let them harrass me while i had the sour face.......

what about giving my name? that ? right there ? me off, like if a random guy comes up to me on road and orders me to tell him my name i have every right to tell them i aint telling you nothing whereas if i say that to a policeman/woman who had no reason to stop me in the first place they will tell me that my hesitance to give them a name is just cause for them to search me (which is what happened last time i got stopped).....so im walking on road...u think i look suspicious (for what i can only assume was a racial thing)....and you demand i give you information about myself otherwise u will have to search me.....maaaaaaan that is way off balance. its crazy how if your innocent and, try to argue your innocence to them you just seem more guilty.....we cant win out here
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • Rual
    Rual Members Posts: 92
    edited July 2011
    Options
    he live in idaho......how u gunna be mr. moor livin' in idaho????
  • bdbdbd
    edited July 2011
    Options

Everybody think it's 1965, they in birmingham, and they with MLK. ? it's 2011, you in the suburbs, and you bring unnecessary ? on yourself for no ? ' reason. THEY were fighting for a cause. Rest of these new ? just fightin' to say they fightin'. Word to Jena 6.

man it aint even like that bruh...i aint tryna come at you like that ? ure obviously an educated/knowledgeable brother, and especially in this situation i dont know what im talking about in terms of law and rights....BUT!!!!!!!!
    im sure at one point you hear the brother saying, usually he wouldnt step to police like that, but they took his son.....that was probably the straw that broke the camels back so to speak......i been there too, like i said before recently i had a "altercation" (for want of a better word) with police....and that was only because for the past ten years ive been getting stopped and have been "cool" about it....but there comes a time where enough is enough.....or atleast it makes you feel goo dto just let them know how you feel and maybe win just once......im sure that brother in the vieo felt mad liberated when the cops gave him his son and drove away humbled wether he owned them or not
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Soooo I came in here thinking it was gonna be a clip of Back to the future 2 with Biff saying "Kid I OWN the police"
  • im_lux
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Honestly, this is proof that ? sometimes give themselves more trouble than they need. My freshman year my friends got BAKED and were skunked out. We were in my room watching The Incredibles(I was doing laundry all day and they came into my room an were chillin' and ? . RA smelled the bud, called the cops. Cop asked permission to search my room(although he didn't need permission cuz it was on campus), but I didn't have any bud in my possession(thank ? ), and I'm like "yeah man, have at it." I made sure I told him about some tea bushes my mom sent me so he wouldn't think it was bud. ? lectures me about "watching the company you keep" and bounced.

These two ? in my dorm talmbout how they woulda say "? no" and "you got a warrant" all this extra ? .

Like bruh, they PROBABLY would've just given you your kid anyways. Just take your ? ' child and call it a day. ? videotapin', talkin' stupid ? , when they have no reason to.

Yeah they probably would've gave the man his kid I don't know you don't know we don't know what the situation was before that camera turned on and he probably was doin extra and what not but I'm sensing from your posts you're a sit there and take it kinda ? though? Thats what it's seeming like. Which in all actuality is what got us in the situation in the first place. That sit there and take what they give you ? is scraps from the dinner table type ? . You can keep that ? . I don't consent to searches regardless of what the situation is. And I won't ever consent to a search again.

I'm driving my car around minding my business doing nothing wrong and you wanna pull me over and ask me to search my ? car? are you serious? i'm the dumb ? thats gonna say yes after i've already been informed? ya'll can keep that ? plus I keep my car in order I don't need you throwin ? around my car or taking apart my back seat while i sit on the curb as the other dip ? rookie partner makes sure i don't get up so i can sit there thinking to myself "oh well you know it would've just been more trouble than what i needed if i said no" nah ? no it won't get your head right.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    All he did was use big words.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    T/S Trigun fan?
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah they probably would've gave the man his kid I don't know you don't know we don't know what the situation was before that camera turned on and he probably was doin extra and what not but I'm sensing from your posts you're a sit there and take it kinda ? though? Thats what it's seeming like. Which in all actuality is what got us in the situation in the first place. That sit there and take what they give you ? is scraps from the dinner table type ? . You can keep that ? . I don't consent to searches regardless of what the situation is. And I won't ever consent to a search again.

I'm driving my car around minding my business doing nothing wrong and you wanna pull me over and ask me to search my ? car? are you serious? i'm the dumb ? thats gonna say yes after i've already been informed? ya'll can keep that ? plus I keep my car in order I don't need you throwin ? around my car or taking apart my back seat while i sit on the curb as the other dip ? rookie partner makes sure i don't get up so i can sit there thinking to myself "oh well you know it would've just been more trouble than what i needed if i said no" nah ? no it won't get your head right.

I've had moments when i've exercised my rights with the police instead of letting them just feel as tho they could say or do anything to me but i would have to side with Idi on this one. Sometimes people are militant with the law just for the sake of being militant.

Just like with the getting pulled over scenario, i've been pulled over more times then a ? could count and sometimes i argued and sometimes i didnt. When you get pulled over by regular police then exercising you're rights will work, but if you're pulled over by Task Force all that my license is legitimate no you cant check my car ? goes out the window. Task Force police dont give a ? about that you're rights ? they just tryna get a lock-up. Yeah its illegal but what are you gonna do? Make a complaint? The first thing their gonna do is say they have such and such yrs in narcotics and such and such arrest and thru their expertise they notice you in a known drug area. Then their gonna make up some ? and say that was their probable cause for pulling you over.
  • Millions Knives
    Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    T/S Trigun fan?

Yes I am bruh.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited July 2011
    Options

So b/c I'm not unnecessarily abrasive I'm groveling at massah's feet for scraps?

i swear to ? you ? have the reasoning capacity of a toddler. Well, if I can't have all the candy bars i don't want ANY CANDY BAR! Everything about dude's situation is speculation of my part.

But unless cops give me a reason to go on the defensive, I'm not gonna sit in my car tryna be a ? ' lawyer when that'll probably just increase the amount of time I have to sit there. If they ask to search my vehicle? Eat a ? , if you had a reason you wouldn't have asked. But if I'm walking and a ? stops me I'ma be cordial. Asks me my name? Sure, my name is Fabion X. Xxxxxxxxxxxx. Wanna stop me from goin' where I"m goin' so he can run a check and ? ? he can suck a bag of ? I'm gonna keep it movin'. But giving your name? What? is he a terminator for ? ' skynet? If giving him my name will let him feel like a big man, sure, here's my name. Now ? off.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yes I am bruh.

Same ? is in my top three
  • im_lux
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So b/c I'm not unnecessarily abrasive I'm groveling at massah's feet for scraps?

i swear to ? you ? have the reasoning capacity of a toddler. Well, if I can't have all the candy bars i don't want ANY CANDY BAR! Everything about dude's situation is speculation of my part.

But unless cops give me a reason to go on the defensive, I'm not gonna sit in my car tryna be a ? ' lawyer when that'll probably just increase the amount of time I have to sit there. If they ask to search my vehicle? Eat a ? , if you had a reason you wouldn't have asked. But if I'm walking and a ? stops me I'ma be cordial. Asks me my name? Sure, my name is Fabion X. Xxxxxxxxxxxx. Wanna stop me from goin' where I"m goin' so he can run a check and ? ? he can suck a bag of ? I'm gonna keep it movin'. But giving your name? What? is he a terminator for ? ' skynet? If giving him my name will let him feel like a big man, sure, here's my name. Now ? off.

I never said anything about giving a name as a matter of fact if you read my posts you'd understand I said you have to by law give them your name and or ID. And I also have never said anything about not being cordial being cordial and consenting to searches are two totally different situations.

I love how these people have you believing that exercising your rights as an "American" is being "unnecessarily abrasive".
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I never said anything about giving a name as a matter of fact if you read my posts you'd understand I said you have to by law give them your name and or ID. And I also have never said anything about not being cordial being cordial and consenting to searches are two totally different situations.

I love how these people have you believing that exercising your rights as an "American" is being "unnecessarily abrasive".

There's exercising your rights, and there's being unnecessarily abrasive. You can exercise your right and let people speak as well. You don't have to berate them regardless of your contempt for their badge. But let's just drop it.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Real talk i wouldve gave him the kid back to after all that talking dude did
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nah he was giving them ? crackas the business but be honest, it was complete ? .
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hmm.. Cops seems slighted ? .. If they were task force or federals agents.. Been a whole different story.. They don't want to hear it..
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This ? got out the car and was like 6 years old
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i applaud him for him having the ? to do that but in reality my black ass woulda got beat and arrested and no one would have given 2 ? .