lets debunk the myth about catchy songs=good music

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited August 2011 in The Reason
i mean let me say that people have their preference and everyone has their own taste in music, but with that said it seems like if the song is catchy then it's "good". this is not always the case with every song.

Comments

• genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Power thread jamacia
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    But all good songs are catchy
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    iMpIoDez wrote: »

thread just got ? up, ban this ? and start a new one
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Lets also debunk that every lyrical rapper is a good rapper ? , how could a song not be good if it's catchy, Nas "one love" chorus is catchy.
  • 5th Letter
    edited July 2011
    Options
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    Lets also debunk that every lyrical rapper is a good rapper ? , how could a song not be good if it's catchy, Nas "one love" chorus is catchy.

so racks on racks is a good song by your logic.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Chicken Noodle Soup was catchy but horrible......
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    edited July 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    so racks on racks is a good song by your logic.

Yea ? it's a good song for what it is, a club record.
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    RACKS ON RACKS iS A CLASSIC!
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    no necessarily good but sometimes i might be able to sing along wit a song that i dont like...lol now i aint going out purchasing the ? but they did a great job of making a catchy ass song when that happens
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Chicken Noodle Soup was catchy but horrible......

chicken noodle soup is terrible no matter how you look at it, so I take it back everything catchy aint good, when the ? we start using the word catchy anyway, this is hip hop not a jingle for a commercial, the word "catchy" is just another way to take shots at the south on the low.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the word "catchy" is just another way to take shots at the south on the low.

not really Ja Rule made catchy music. Lil B makes catchy music. Big Sean makes catchy music. Ringtone rap isnt segregated to the south.
  • a_list
    edited July 2011
    Options
    chicken noodle soup is terrible no matter how you look at it, so I take it back everything catchy aint good, when the ? we start using the word catchy anyway, this is hip hop not a jingle for a commercial, the word "catchy" is just another way to take shots at the south on the low.

lol wow....catchy been around longer than the south been around......rappers were making catchy songs in the 80's lol.......biggy made catchy records, jay-z made catchy records ..snoop made catchy records lol wow
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? shouldn't even need debunking.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    edited August 2011
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    lol wow....catchy been around longer than the south been around......rappers were making catchy songs in the 80's lol.......biggy made catchy records, jay-z made catchy records ..snoop made catchy records lol wow

Lol ? you mean wow? So ? is just gon act like the south ain't took the blame for single handedly destroying hip hop now, so now all of a sudden biggie, jay, and snoop did it before the south, so now ? is tryna take credit for starting ringtone rap, catchy music or whatever you wanna call it, so now the same music yall been ? about the last ten years is ok, now if the title of this thread was "The south killed hip hop" a sum ? ? wouldn't even be able to remember biggie, jay, and snoop made catchy music before the south so-called existed, and the south been here just as long as yall ? , yall just wasn't paying attention.
  • a_list
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol ? you mean wow? So ? is just gon act like the south ain't took the blame for single handedly destroying hip hop now, so now all of a sudden biggie, jay, and snoop did it before the south, so now ? is tryna take credit for starting ringtone rap, catchy music or whatever you wanna call it, so now the same music yall been ? about the last ten years is ok, now if the title of this thread was "The south killed hip hop" a sum ? ? wouldn't even be able to remember biggie, jay, and snoop made catchy music before the south so-called existed, and the south been here just as long as yall ? , yall just wasn't paying attention.

calm down homeboy.....y u so sensitive?.....? is crazy....first off if you do ya research cats like the fat boys were doing catchy records ...they had a record featuring chubby checker doing the twist.....young mc, tone loc, ll cool j, bdk, and others were doing those type records that if ringtones were around they would be sellin them....its always been catchy records...i really dont get where you coming from with this nonsense....biggy biggy biggy cant you see was a catchy record.....diddy cant nobody hold me down was a catch record...tupac i get around was a catchy record, 50 cent in the club was a catchy record........people was complainig about diddy in the 90s ...do ya research ?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    edited August 2011
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    calm down homeboy.....y u so sensitive?.....? is crazy....first off if you do ya research cats like the fat boys were doing catchy records ...they had a record featuring chubby checker doing the twist.....young mc, tone loc, ll cool j, bdk, and others were doing those type records that if ringtones were around they would be sellin them....its always been catchy records...i really dont get where you coming from with this nonsense....biggy biggy biggy cant you see was a catchy record.....diddy cant nobody hold me down was a catch record...tupac i get around was a catchy record, 50 cent in the club was a catchy record........people was complainig about diddy in the 90s ...do ya research ?

That whole you sensitive, calm down ? should be played out on this website by now, it proves little, if anything it just prove i'm a hot head ? that get mad quick, what's bad about that? What the ? I look like mad bout this anyway that's just how I talk, And I ain't the type of ? that got to do research about nothin I know all this ? , who did what commercial type ? when and where before I even had the internet, I ain't sum lil white boy, If my hip hop knowledge wasn't heavy I wouldn't even be on this ? , I know ? was complaining then It's always some ? who look down on they own generation and uphold the previous, while ? from the previous generation they upholding was looking up to the one before them, it's a never ending cycle, and you also got ? who gon always hate on what come after them cuz they can't understand it, I'm just sayin ? always over looking what they ? did to make they ? look better, and the south get it the worst, ? is just sick a dat ? . This ? ain't nonsense you know damn well if this thread was some east vs. south ? ? wouldn't even be mentioning them records you just brought up.
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yea ? it's a good song for what it is, a club record.

so the songs that may be deemed "boring" will this logic apply to those too? like "it's a good song for what it is"?