The Sexification of the IC Female: beauty thread # 1025.2

Options

Comments

• marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I love Lash Blast! I rushed to try it when it came out and haven't switched it since. People always point out how long my lashes look when I'm wearing it.

What made her think to use that of all things? Somebody gonna buy that yeast infection cream by accident anyway and be UPSET, LOL.

lol well My mother told me it was an old school remedy for acne/breakouts which sort of makes sense since it's anti fungal. idk. I searched the web to see if anyone else could co-sign and up came 100's of links with people raving about this stuff as a primer. It's not the yeast infection formula though, it's the anti-chafing gel which people use like...for shaving irritation or for the chestually gifted to keep their ? from rubbing/chaffing. It pretty much has the same ingredients as the smashbox photo finish primer that is about ...15-20 dollars more expensive.
  • adorable thughighnes
    adorable thughighnes Members Posts: 1,788 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why dont yall ladies update the thread with pics of yourselves with the makeup? would make sense than to just talk about it, actually show the people what it looks like on the face.
  • marie addams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why dont yall ladies update the thread with pics of yourselves with the makeup? would make sense than to just talk about it, actually show the people what it looks like on the face.

thats actually a great idea. not that i will be participating but there are lots of ladies who would be willing to i'm sure.
    It could be like..an adorable beauty showcase of some sort.
  • adorable thughighnes
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thats actually a great idea. not that i will be participating but there are lots of ladies who would be willing to i'm sure.
    It could be like..an adorable beauty showcase of some sort.

Smh @ the bolded, terrible. But yea though, yall need to do that it would help.
  • marie addams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Mac Naked Honey collection

It looks like they're branching more into body products.

media_nakedhoney001.jpg

media_nakedhoney002.jpg

media_nakedhoney003.jpg

Naked Honey Skin Salve ($18.50 US/$22.50 CDN)
    Formulated from honey , organic beeswax, sun flower oil and other natural ingredients , this rich honey –scented and flavoured salve instantly moisturizes and helps recondition dry skin . Multi -purpose . Use everywhere .

Naked Honey Hand And Body Cream ($22.50 US/$27.00 CDN)
    A sensuous cream made fro m bio-converted honey , shea butter , and vitamins c and e derivatives . Absorbs quickly for skin -softening moisture . Conditions , nourishes , protects . Use on all areas where ultra -moisture is called for .

Naked Honey Body Wash ($19.50 US/$23.50 CDN)
    Formulated fro m bio -converted honey, this body wash cleanses the skin while pro viding the soothing and moisturizing benefits of lavender , narcissus , jasmine flower and blue agave extracts . Pro vides a sensual, calming , cleansing experience .

Creations: Naked Honey ($22.50 US/$28.50 CDN)
    An aromatic journey that traces honey ’s fragrant heart back to summer ’s sweetest blooms. Energy starts to buzz, spirits soar, light flora l and woodsy notes float toward an electric finale. Sweet and sexy all the way.

Creations: Africanimal ($22.50 US/$28.50 CDN)
    A scent that starts with a honey-ness that ’s seductive and given its dash of pepper , not without spice . Add a dark kiss of bergamot and wood , and an aromatic orgy breaks out to create a scent that ’s all-honey, but far fro m sweet .
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I was going to post the monistat as a primer. I just use it on my eyelids for a shadow primer. I saw a youtube vid and the chick was saying that it could irritate your skin because it has silicone in it. I had some creme shadow that creases terribly. I was about to throw it out but I found out that you can use it over the monistat primer as a base. It really works.

I dunno about posting pix on here...
  • marie addams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Make up Forever 25th Anniversary Aqua Eyes Collectors Set

Capture.JPG

Ladies who love color (for real for real color) need to check for Makeup Forever. This is about as pigmented as it gets, plus their products are just ..FUN!
  • marie addams
    edited January 2010
    Options

quoted for emphasis. in case any of you ladies want to take him up on that offer...so long as it doesnt turn into a simp/roast thread

I was going to post the monistat as a primer. I just use it on my eyelids for a shadow primer. I saw a youtube vid and the chick was saying that it could irritate your skin because it has silicone in it. I had some creme shadow that creases terribly. I was about to throw it out but I found out that you can use it over the monistat primer as a base. It really works.

yay! so someone HAS tried it! I was a little hesitant to post it at first lol.

I think if we can get one or 2 people to post pics others will follow. Maybe i'll jut post my done up eyes ..need to have my brows waxed first though (ugh!) it's overdue
  • marie addams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    DKNY candy apples..has anyone smelled these yet?

ffb3c9652fb8e153_DKNY-Delicious-Candy-Apples.jpg
  • marie addams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the Ulta liter sale is on most shampoo and conditioner liter's 11.98. I bought the "sexy healthy hair" soy milk conditioner and i'm feeling it quite a bit.

beauty-brands.jpg
  • nikki07
    nikki07 Members Posts: 6
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Finally a topic I'm interested in....
    Favorite mascara?

Mine are by Maybelline: full n soft and express volum turbo boost.

I use to be in love with Maybelline but recently I've started using Rimmel Sexy Curves thanks to iCraiz from Youtube and I absolutely love it

I use the monistat gel as a primer too but not everyday, just if I know I'm going somewhere where I can't touch up my makeup and it works great. I was also introduced to this by iCraiz
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I love iCraiz. I found her looking for a smokey brown tutorial and subscribed to her channel. QueenofBlendingMUA is my absolute favorite tho.

What are some of your favorite looks? Post pics (if you can) of your favorite makeup looks.

Right now I'm loving the smokey eye. Kim K's smokey eyes are always perfect.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I love smokey eyes

I found the best way to get that look is to use eyeshadow as the eyeliner. Use and angle brush ( either lick the brush or barely get it wet before dipping in in the shadow ) It goes on smoother and blends easier.

You can play with colors too. I've used purples and greens ... they turn out very nice :tu
  • marie addams
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I love smokey eyes

I found the best way to get that look is to use eyeshadow as the eyeliner. Use and angle brush ( either lick the brush or barely get it wet before dipping in in the shadow ) It goes on smoother and blends easier.

You can play with colors too. I've used purples and greens ... they turn out very nice :tu

I've used a purple from one of those HIP combos to do a smokey eye it was cool, better for daytime since it wasnt as dark as the black/greyish colors.

I tried this look today, found super cute pink lipstick from nars it's called funny face. It came out nice but it's more of a spring/summery look imo. I'll save it for then

rihanna-pink-lips.jpg

as for now i've really been into the fresh face nude lips look

Nude_Lip.JPG
  • t0wers
    t0wers Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sephora is a good store
  • marie addams
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ciara's beauty fav's

ciara-nude-makeup-240mg2110.jpg

"Believe it or not, Ciara must have Fashion Fair True Finish Concealer and Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil and Gel in Brunette. The pencil defines and the gel sets. She loves making her eyes pop with Maybelline Great Lash Big Mascara in Black and her Cover Girl Make-Up Masters Lash Curler. And she never leaves home without applying her Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 Moisturizer," says Frederick.

We love that most of Ciara's million dollar smile comes from a walk down the drugstore aisle; who knew that glitzy red carpet beauty was just a Walgreens away?
  • marie addams
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Folica.com promo code

Take 25% off + Free Shipping on orders of $50+. One week only!
    CODE: MISSYOU41781
  • tito
    tito Members Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • marie addams
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hey tito!

this is something i can get into

CoverGirl_Post_slice.jpg
  • MsSouthern
    edited February 2010
    Options
    DKNY candy apples..has anyone smelled these yet?

ffb3c9652fb8e153_DKNY-Delicious-Candy-Apples.jpg

I just bought the carmel apple scent ( green one )

It smells soooooooooo good and the scent lasts too
  • MsSouthern
    edited March 2010
    Options
    went and got some new makeup this weekend !!!!!

Smashbox is my new love

bought a primer
    tinted moisterizer
    mineral powder called Halo

I was using bare minerals but it was really drying out my skin. That powder is a mineral one but it comes in a block/compact and has this little razor thingy that you twist and it shaves off just enough so that it's less messy too.

Oh and again that Be Delicious is definatly a hit with men. I was told several times how good it smells.
  • marie addams
    edited March 2010
    Options
    went and got some new makeup this weekend !!!!!

meee toooo!!! (i'm an addict)

are you wearing the regular be delicious? or the candy apples?
    I need a spring scent.
    where did you find the halo stuff?
  • adorable thughighnes
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yall ? aint do my idea >:O
  • marie addams
    edited March 2010
    Options
    okay so my latest purchase was nars albatross blush (used as a highlighter/illuminater)

41Al4Jy4QWL._AA280_.jpg

I also got a free sample bottle of philosophy purity cleanser. I'm using it this week to test it out although im usually true to anything nuetrogena
  • marie addams
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yall ? aint do my idea >:O

smh aight town. imma post a pic