The Sexification of the IC Female: beauty thread # 1025.2

Options

Comments

• Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    what color did you end up getting?

I bought into the hype and checked out that naked palette...then actually BOUGHT the naked palette lol. the colors are actually really beautiful in purpose. I definitely slept on it, gunmetal is my fav of all the colors. I assumed all of the colors were similar to colors I had already had and it wasnt the case. The primer potion and brush that came with it pretty much sold me

Cadiz in the sheer matte liquid and the powder. I also bought a concealor in toffee and the pro prime primer. This ? was 'spensive but worth every penny! I could wear this all day and forget I had it on.
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited March 2011
    Options
    oh and you were right about Nordstrom's too. That's why I bought so much. I tried the bobbi brown foundation but it was too sheer. then I didn't like how the stick felt on my face. I went back to the nars counter and ol girl was so nice and helpful.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    oh and you were right about Nordstrom's too. That's why I bought so much. I tried the bobbi brown foundation but it was too sheer. then I didn't like how the stick felt on my face. I went back to the nars counter and ol girl was so nice and helpful.

yeah honestly for the most part the only reason I pick sephora over nordstrom sometimes is so that I can accumulate points. But there are some things/colors Sephora doesnt carry in-store or online that I HAVE to go to Nordies for like I want to get this Nars blush in the color "Gina", and I can only find it at Nordstrom..maybe bloomies. But i've noticed Sephora's Nars shadow selectionis kind of limited like the foundation
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    has anyone tired that crackle black nail polish

I think it's in the Katy Perry line... .I wanna get it but wanna make sure it works first :)
  • marie addams
    edited March 2011
    Options
    has anyone tired that crackle black nail polish

I think it's in the Katy Perry line... .I wanna get it but wanna make sure it works first :)

I want to try it but I havent been able to get my hands on it! It sells out sooo quickly at my ulta

I have a friend who tried it and she really likes it but she says you have to be very careful with it. It only needs ONE coat one very thin coat, otherwise it will look an all out mess

China glaze also has a crackle polish if you cat find the opi version, but honestly..i'm not a fan of the china glaze crackle pattern (petty I know)

review vid.
  • marie addams
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Any fans of NYX? my fave cheapie line. anyway

I just found out about this site http://beautyjoint.com/ (sad because I just placed a huge nyx order from cherryculture.com) but their whole nyx selection is 25-60 percent off. their lipsticks are like 1.99 and idk wtf is going on lol but i may very well have to just stock up

fyi
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can't find NYX anywhere and I really don't like ordering makeup online. My cheapie brand is Le Femme from Empire Beauty Supply. I love their shimmery loose eyeshadows. I just bought a matte yellow for the spring.

I think I'm hooked on Nars makeup. :( I just bought some blush - Super Orgasm yesterday and I'm already looking for another one.. *sigh
  • marie addams
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can't find NYX anywhere and I really don't like ordering makeup online. My cheapie brand is Le Femme from Empire Beauty Supply. I love their shimmery loose eyeshadows. I just bought a matte yellow for the spring.

I think I'm hooked on Nars makeup. :( I just bought some blush - Super Orgasm yesterday and I'm already looking for another one.. *sigh

ulta has nyx but their selection is sort of limited or always sold out (well the location closed to me at least) I saw a youtube review of le femme blushes and the girl had nothing short of great things to say about them, but i've never seen the brand anywhere.

I love nars! their blush is beautiful as well and not over powering. I have "outlaw" and "cactus flower". My sister is a shade lighter than me and she loves "exhibit a"

have you tried the orgasm illuminator?
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I haven't seen an Ulta before either. lol.

Exhibit A was tooo...bright for my liking. I like more subtle pink/peachy colored blushes. I'm probably going to get Douceur next.

The chick at Sephora gave me a free sample of the illuminator when I bought the blush but I'm not sure how to use it.
  • marie addams
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I haven't seen an Ulta before either. lol.

Exhibit A was tooo...bright for my liking. I like more subtle pink/peachy colored blushes. I'm probably going to get Douceur next.

The chick at Sephora gave me a free sample of the illuminator when I bought the blush but I'm not sure how to use it.

I use it as a highlighter like right under my eyes and above my cheek bones just to give myself a nice glowy look. I like it for summer when I dont feel like being piled under a ? load of makeup. It's just enough
    That sample will probably last you forever to be honest, I think that's why the reissued illuminators are in smaller bottles now. I've had mine almost a year and a half, I wear it often and i'm not even half way through the bottle. I bought the laguna illuminator also. It looks like a soft less glittery bronzer
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I went back to Nordy's and got more blush. Nars: Torrid.
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What type of mascara are ya'll using? There are so many kinds... with long wand/ short wand/ double bristle/ curved brush/ black out/ etc etc etc. I don't have the patience or the money to do a trial and error on them all LOL. Seems to me like there can't be too much of a difference between the types.

One more thing, anybody tried these??????? SHCN4408_SE_35KTYKTY_CRTN_275318.png
  • marie addams
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What type of mascara are ya'll using? There are so many kinds... with long wand/ short wand/ double bristle/ curved brush/ black out/ etc etc etc. I don't have the patience or the money to do a trial and error on them all LOL. Seems to me like there can't be too much of a difference between the types.

One more thing, anybody tried these??????? SHCN4408_SE_35KTYKTY_CRTN_275318.png

Havent tried the salon effects nail strips but as for mascara i'm using loreal millions of lashes right now. I got a sample of benefit's "bad gal" mascara and I really like it, I just cant bring myself to spend that much on mascara. Especially if I have to replace it every 3 months or so.
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I love Maybelline Mascaras. The one I'm using now is Colossal Volum' Expresss. o6RjtqwD2rsPalUQLpL4tESdTOVCJwgNpkWuQ6DwNqb_EaDDabbSxHelDdmVs7-Uw-BvbgXSAZfFQumfmK6UPRzB6n4_SjFRpTPWiVG5zpx1C75j14UYty5ua9NAWap7K7LP93TRr8mAeP9fbFQ4k_KWJIifAHl_L-l_lPVWAYMAH0x4cg

This is my favorite but I'm going to try the Falsies one next.

I got some Lorac Blush in Peach for everyday.. I bought and returned Nars blush: ? and eyeshadow: Night Star. I will probably return the Torrid one too. That stuff costs too much for me to be just eh about. The only blush I really really loved was Super Orgasm but I don't want that look for every day.

• Nthngis4vr
    edited April 2011
    Options
    what color did you end up getting?

I bought into the hype and checked out that naked palette...then actually BOUGHT the naked palette lol. the colors are actually really beautiful in purpose. I definitely slept on it, gunmetal is my fav of all the colors. I assumed all of the colors were similar to colors I had already had and it wasnt the case. The primer potion and brush that came with it pretty much sold me

I did the same thing yesterday..I went to Sephora for some Urban Decay liquid liner and I happened to see the naked palette sitting by the mirror..i tried a few colors on my hand and was surprised how pretty they looked. Then the chick asked if she could do my eyes so I was like sure..she put ? , naked & sidecar on. then the liquid liner..I was like I'll take it!

I ended up with the sephora brand liquid liner too. I'm going to get the purple liquid liner next time I go.
  • marie addams
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol wtf was I on? I butchered that post
  • marie addams
    edited April 2011
    Options
    oh so these hit the stores Thursday (from the "quite cute" collection) I want the green badly. I'm sure I can find a similar pink from opi but I actually really like the way mac polishes apply. (petty I know) but something about their brushes make it easier for me. The lavender is too similar to "do you lilac it" from opi which I already have so i'm not gonna bother with it

mac_quitecutepolishes001.jpg
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nars Super Orgasm>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited April 2011
    Options
    c/s^^^^

Super Orgasm is the only blush I really really like.
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited April 2011
    Options
    15% off for Sephora beauty insiders...sale ends tomorrow.

I think i'm gonna get the Orgasm lipgloss or the concealer duo
  • marie addams
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so i got a couple of things from sephora with the 15% off code. I mentioned in the salon thread how i liked the bumble and bumble samples I received a while ago, so i bought some travel sized shampoos (different formula) to see if I liked those as well. I bought an illamasqua lipgloss in the color frenzy (im sort of worried about the color...but sephora does take returns from what I understand

Illamasqua-Intense-Lipgloss.jpg

illamasqua nail polish in a color called "load" (creamy white with yellowish tint lmao)

and benefit lip gloss in the color "wild child"
  • marie addams
    edited April 2011
    Options
    oh this is"load" btw

load2.jpg
  • marie addams
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Benefit B Right! skincare line

I wanted to wait a few weeks to see how my skin reacted before i came to an opinion on it...its pretty friggin awesome!I got a sample of the set and I am still working on the sample sizes. a little goes a looong way making these products totally worth the price. I went ahead and bought full sized versions of the cleanser and triple emulsion moisturizer. i'll probably buy a full size of the eye cream later because I like it too. I feel like these products have been great with controlling oil and the texture of my skin looks like it has improved overall. they are light and gentle..will be great for summer skin issues.

1103-benefit-b.right-skincare.jpg
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I got a sample of the It's Potent! eye cream and I will buy the full-size version of if next Sephora trip.

My skin has been behaving lately so I'm not changing anything! lol.
  • marie addams
    edited May 2011
    Options
    fyi

nyx_12_year_anniversary_sale.jpg

currently my fav product from them right now. gonna order like..10 lol ulta is ALWAYS out of stock

Super-Fat-Eye-Marker-Top.jpg