Nas And Jay z >>>>> Pac And Biggie!!!

Options
siqnih da rapper
siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Face Off Forum
i mean who is still actually hollering about pac and biggie in 2011?

come on now there reign at the top being gone if u ask me,

Nas And Jigga I Hate To Say This But Discography Shhits On Pac And Biggie

i mean it aint there fault they died i respect both for what they did for Hip Hop But We Shall Come To Light And Realize That Nas And Jigga Took There Spot Agree Or Disagree???

Comments

• Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol@ Caput being mentioned in the same sentence as Nas, BIG, and Jay.
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    First off its reign lol

I have to agree to a degree. Pac and Big are gone so there is no way to tell who would be in the top spots. Your right tho its 2011 not the 90's and the bros are gone and will always be remembered as the GOAT's

lol my bad i corrected it
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    stick to riding bcotton's coattails, fam....
    your thread making abilities suck...LMAO! @ "there rain"....
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    First off its reign lol

I have to agree to a degree. Pac and Big are gone so there is no way to tell who would be in the top spots. Your right tho its 2011 not the 90's and the bros are gone and will always be remembered as the GOAT's

i agree with u on that hip hop is based on opinions its like a sport but then agian its not..... a sport its diff i mean i see ? comparin nas to gucci in the nba u dont see no one comparing tyrone hill to shaq b/c u its all about who u feel, like in b ball u actually cant call a person that is putting up 50 and 40 garbage, but when it comes to hip hop u got people round here callin the goats trash
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    stick to riding bcotton's coattails, fam....
    your thread making abilities suck...LMAO! @ "there rain"....

have a nice day brother
  • Niggas back
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol@ T/S not knowin' the difference between there and their........... these lil wayne fans. smh
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i only agree partly

nas> big and jay

pac > big and jay

big > jay

however jayz discography is overrated, he shud have called it a day after black album, everything else has been average to wack

nas distant relatives was dope, but nas aint made anything classical since stillmatic, godson was dope though

pac and big went out on classics, and set the bar, thats why people, fans and rappers still talk about them.....

? aint gonna stop talkin about MJ just cuz Chris Brown is on the scene, or Bob Marley cuz Sean Paul running the show

First ask ur boss Wayne to stop covering 2pac songs, den maybe people might forget
  • Makaveli The King
    Makaveli The King Members Posts: 562
    edited August 2011
    Options
    pac and eminem >>>> jay-z and nas
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i only agree partly

nas> big and jay

pac > big and jay

big > jay

however jayz discography is overrated, he shud have called it a day after black album, everything else has been average to wack

nas distant relatives was dope, but nas aint made anything classical since stillmatic, godson was dope though

pac and big went out on classics, and set the bar, thats why people, fans and rappers still talk about them.....

? aint gonna stop talkin about MJ just cuz Chris Brown is on the scene, or Bob Marley cuz Sean Paul running the show

First ask ur boss Wayne to stop covering 2pac songs, den maybe people might forget

But that's the thing, what would've happened if they were alive? Would they get better, would they have fallen off? Nas and Jay aren't what they used to be, but it took them 10 years each to lose a step. Pac been in the game for 6 some years, and BIG been in the game for 3-4. Not that it would take away from their legacy, but they're not untouchable either.

And to T/S, of course people are talking about BIG/Pac. You made a thread about them. Word to Meek Millz and 80% of Jay's catalogue.
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    But that's the thing, what would've happened if they were alive? Would they get better, would they have fallen off? Nas and Jay aren't what they used to be, but it took them 10 years each to lose a step. Pac been in the game for 6 some years, and BIG been in the game for 3-4. Not that it would take away from their legacy, but they're not untouchable either.

And to T/S, of course people are talking about BIG/Pac. You made a thread about them. Word to Meek Millz and 80% of Jay's catalogue.

i dont have a clue, but from the classics they were putting out back to back, they were on a good run, so i think they had a few more classics to give us, also the collective projects like the one nation album and the commission album.

we can only compare the music and what they were putting out and the age, both pac and biggy were younger than jayz...and they had classics under the belt
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yes, i can c/s this
  • Lab Baby
    edited August 2011
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Pac & Big were the extreme example of what beef is & as a result is why beef is shunned so Im not surprised if ? will put Hov & Nasty Nas ahead of them as far as their battles are concerned. With Jay & Nas it was competition & battle for supremacy, they both sent records back & forth and no one got hurt. Pac & Big waged a coastal beef & a lot of ? got killed over the media's embellishment.

Agreed... and BIG wasn't even involved like that. He literally got killed for nothing.
  • Lab Baby
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i dont have a clue, but from the classics they were putting out back to back, they were on a good run, so i think they had a few more classics to give us, also the collective projects like the one nation album and the commission album.

we can only compare the music and what they were putting out and the age, both pac and biggy were younger than jayz...and they had classics under the belt

This is true. And Biggie's verses on Victory (the last thing he ever recorded I believe) may have been the two greatest verses ever. He may have destroyed the game. And the whole One Nation idea would've been a problem in the industry. Oh, and Jay was part of the Commision. Imagine him being a second string to Cam or Cease.
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This is true. And Biggie's verses on Victory (the last thing he ever recorded I believe) may have been the two greatest verses ever. He may have destroyed the game. And the whole One Nation idea would've been a problem in the industry. Oh, and Jay was part of the Commision. Imagine him being a second string to Cam or Cease.

word

like said there was more dopeness to come and big and pac were only gettin started on workin with other producers.....BIG was trying to work with Dre... and Pac had hooked up with Premo through Smif n Wessun.

Plus you gotta think of the south movement as well, Scarface played Pac UKG album, so that was another collab under works...

So much ? was in the works, as well as reinventing Big Daddy Kanes career who was suppose to be on the One Nation album with Wu Tang and Run DMC

the beef ? had passed by the end of 1996 and ? was thinking about bigger projects, on some unity ? .
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We saw Pacs potential, but I don't think we saw biggies.
  • Niggas back
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We saw Pacs potential, but I don't think we saw biggies.

And what does that tell u about him? It means that he was just ur average rapper, who was just overrated by the media
  • Lab Baby
    edited August 2011
    Options
    word

like said there was more dopeness to come and big and pac were only gettin started on workin with other producers.....BIG was trying to work with Dre... and Pac had hooked up with Premo through Smif n Wessun.

Plus you gotta think of the south movement as well, Scarface played Pac UKG album, so that was another collab under works...

So much ? was in the works, as well as reinventing Big Daddy Kanes career who was suppose to be on the One Nation album with Wu Tang and Run DMC

the beef ? had passed by the end of 1996 and ? was thinking about bigger projects, on some unity ? .

Did not know about that... and I forgot Face was ? with Pac heavy. Yeah, that ? would've been crazy. Wonder why they didn't continue even tho Pac wasn't there...
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BIGs potential would have been when he parted ways with Badboy, which i think wud have brought Pac and bIG back together as hommies, cuz there beef was more to do witth associates and not each other

Pac was goin to end up leaving DR, he had sent a letter to his lawyer (deathrow lawyer) David Kenner saying his services were not needed anymore. It got to a point when Pac figured out the money wasnt coming and David Kenner didnt have Pacs interests at heart. Soon as Pac found a independent lawyer he'd have realized the contract he signed wasnt worth ? and all the other shady ? that was going in and arund him regarding his accounts and money he was owed.

Most likely Pac was in a position to start his own ? and i'm sure him and Jimmy or some other label would have worked something out
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What up siqnih

This ? is common knowledge dun.
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Did not know about that... and I forgot Face was ? with Pac heavy. Yeah, that ? would've been crazy. Wonder why they didn't continue even tho Pac wasn't there...

Face was trying to put Pac on UKG's Ridin ? , he handed him the album few weeks before he died, basically tryna set something up. Also Face and Pac were about to make more music together, Pac was a Scarface stan, so we might of even got a collab album.
  • JayToTheZ
    JayToTheZ Members Posts: 454
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah i never really wanted to get into Pac and Biggies because there dead and theres no new material to expect from them anymore!
  • Makaveli The King
    Makaveli The King Members Posts: 562
    edited August 2011
    Options
    JayToTheZ wrote: »
    Yeah i never really wanted to get into Pac and Biggies because there dead and theres no new material to expect from them anymore!

what are u talking
    pac got new music releasing all the time
    what the ? are u talking about.
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    pac>>>>>>>>>>>>nas,big and jayz
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2011
    Options
    pac>>>>>>>>>>>>nas,big and jayz

common knowledge
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    What up siqnih

This ? is common knowledge dun.

sup ishi what u been up to, and yeah i thought i should share my opinion on this in which we should all kno b y now that i respect them they is in the hall of fame of hip hop, but as the top 2 of the history in the genre time is gone!!