should somebody 6'4 180lbs be wearing a size L shirt?

Options
PURP_L_A_BOL
PURP_L_A_BOL Members Posts: 216
edited August 2011 in Fashion Forward
I overheard a ? tellin someone I work with that, "if you're not atleast 200 lbs you shouldn't/can't wear an XL t-shirt or button up?"

and "w/ a 34" waist you shouldn't be buying 36" jeans in bootcut/straight leg?"

now I understand 5xl ? with 40inch jeans but damn..2 inches bigger in the waist is sloppy out here?

Thoughts? :confused:

Comments

• Emerald City Rolla
    Emerald City Rolla Members Posts: 564
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I overheard a ? tellin someone I work with that, "if you're not atleast 200 lbs you shouldn't/can't wear an XL t-shirt or button up?"

now I understand 5xl ? with 40inch jeans but damn..2 inches bigger in the waist is sloppy out here?

Depends on a person's dimensions. Weight more so than height, though how you're proportioned is important too. Is the weight fat? I've seen some dudes that are a buck 65, but they had guts cause they we out of shape. For me personally, I like a looser fit so a size up from something more fitted works for me, besides the fact that most of my measurements are borderline L/XL. If its formal wear or an event, by all means I agree. A fitted look is always better in those situations. Errrday, not in my book.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm 6'3 180 and obviously this ? has no clue what he's talking about because some shirts under xl will literally only go down to a ? waist. Technically no I shouldn't be wearing an XL, but sometimes I have to(and I wear my ? fitted). Especially the way clothes are made today because designers are making ? more fitted which does work out good sometimes because certain brands have xl's that have the length I want plus the sleeves are "fitted". It's just like jeans, sometimes I MIGHT have to wear a bigger size in waist because they don't have the waist/length combination I need..... Everything depends on brand, I can even get away with a medium in polos sometimes and I only rock Larges. Some tees I have to cop an xl....
  • PURP_L_A_BOL
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah Im a good 6'2 and round 170ish myself I couldnt imagine wearing anything under xl. sometimes 2xl depending on the designer.
    as far as suit and tie I agree you should be fitted to the T. But as far as casual jeans and maybe a nice woven button down I cant see it?
  • Emerald City Rolla
    Emerald City Rolla Members Posts: 564
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah Im a good 6'2 and round 170ish myself I couldnt imagine wearing anything under xl. sometimes 2xl depending on the designer.
    as far as suit and tie I agree you should be fitted to the T. But as far as casual jeans and maybe a nice woven button down I cant see it?

Nah, just do you. As long as it ain't sloppy you're fine. That guy prolly tucks his t shirts into his pants from the sounds of it.
  • rapstar39
    rapstar39 Members Posts: 521
    edited August 2011
    Options
    it depends on how it looks . if the shirt looks like a belly shirt take a size up instead
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He prolly 1 of them tight jean smedium shirt wearing ? . I'm 6'2 1/2 210 lbs and my t-shirts and polo's are just about all a 2XL Tall. That ? fits me perfectly as far as how I like my shirts to fit. I prefer my sleeves stop at or just above the elbow and that's the only size I can find where the sleeves fit perfectly w/o the shirt being too long. I know ? don't rock overly big shirts anymore (thank ? ...and yeah I was guilty of it too), but ? took ? to other extreme.
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

YES...u can wear L
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Im 6'3 and i cant wear any shirt smaller than a large
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wow, y'all skinny as ? . Hit the gym lil' ? . How you over 6ft and not over 200?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PURP_L_A_BOL
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    ? im 5' 8" 157 and can't even fit Large loosely. what the ? ? you must be shaped like boy best... no chest or shoulders and all belly...

Nah man.. I got a fast metabolism..no gut or baby fat unlike most 200lb ? under 6 ft. just lats triceps and a solid core...Ive whooped a few "medium brolic ? "

short ? stay losin.

correction: yall can fit more shoe box's in your closet... size 8 wearin mufuckas!
  • PURP_L_A_BOL
    edited August 2011
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    He prolly 1 of them tight jean smedium shirt wearing ? . I'm 6'2 1/2 210 lbs and my t-shirts and polo's are just about all a 2XL Tall. That ? fits me perfectly as far as how I like my shirts to fit. I prefer my sleeves stop at or just above the elbow and that's the only size I can find where the sleeves fit perfectly w/o the shirt being too long. I know ? don't rock overly big shirts anymore (thank ? ...and yeah I was guilty of it too), but ? took ? to other extreme.

yeah if the shirt isnt long enough ? it!
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    im 6'1 186ish and wear nothing but medium....
  • PURP_L_A_BOL
    edited August 2011
    Options
    im 6'1 186ish and wear nothing but medium....

isnt that kinda tight around the armpits? and does your shirt touch the jeans???

medium tall shirts? that shirts gotta fit like an underarmor????
  • Knives Amilli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    isnt that kinda tight around the armpits? and does your shirt touch the jeans???

medium tall shirts? that shirts gotta fit like an underarmor????

Somewhat, but if you have any sort of athletic shape whatsoever, thats what you want to go for.

0_21346490-EX_00.jpg

See how Ronaldo's shirt is hugging his bicep making it look bigger (and ive got bigger arms than ronaldo) and giving him an overall slim look? Thats how your shirts should fit.
  • PURP_L_A_BOL
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Somewhat, but if you have any sort of athletic shape whatsoever, thats what you want to go for.

0_21346490-EX_00.jpg

See how Ronaldo's shirt is hugging his bicep making it look bigger (and ive got bigger arms than ronaldo) and giving him an overall slim look? Thats how your shirts should fit.

that kinda looks like biz casual? with the tucked in shirt?

but thats how a Large would probably look on me.. I need a lil more room.
  • Knives Amilli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    that kinda looks like biz casual? with the tucked in shirt?

but thats how a Large would probably look on me.. I need a lil more room.

Well not all my shirts need to be tucked in, but even my graphic/casual tees fit the same around the armpit and fall and fit slimly around the beltline.
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited August 2011
    Options
    im 6'2 and 160 lbs....i either wear L or XL depending on the fit which depends on the designer
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm 6ft. 165 and rock ONLY mediums