Shaving this Mid section fat off.

Options
Lambent
Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Weight Room
Basically for the last year and 1/2 I've been sitting around drinking pop, and eating whatever. Looked in the mirrior one day and my six pack almost gone,and I was starting to form the Gucci Mane stomach, and I was like "ah, hell naw".

Started working out daily now that I'm back at school. I don't do much, all I do is job a 1/2 mile, sometimes more, get on the bike for 10-12mil, however long it takes me to each 100 cal, and I lift weights every other day, and do a small ab routine everyday.

I don't run much because I been doing track since the age of 8, and my knees are wreaked.

As far as what I eat, I'm on a school meal plan so I'm kind of limited. I can only go to the cafeteria 1-2 times a day.

My meals usually are things like tuna sandwich, or turkey sandwich. yogurt, carrots, etc.

Or stir-fry, chicken, veggies, sauce of choice, etc. I have cut out the pop, and my grandmother's fried food, and fastfood. (The chicken nuggets at BK are good as hell)

^Damn this is turning into a long ass post.

During the summer I weighed about 176-177. I've dropped down to about 173 so far, trying to get to 165.

Here is what I looked like soph year of HS, (only weighed 145 though :/) Looked like this Freshman year of collage also, but I was 165 instead.

56456474.jpg <-- it would be ideal if I could get back to this.

What I look like now, disgusting.

Side view, letting it all hang out.

stomach2.jpg

Front view, it actually doesn't look this bad, still disgusting though.

stomach1.jpg

Comments

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Breh im in the same boat.

I was never in cutup shape but it got even worse when I went away to college for 3 years and ate like a ? pig with zero exercise.

Last year I went to basic training and trimmed down a lot and Ive been working out ever since. Ive dropped 5 ? pants sizes and I still cannot lose this mid section fat either.

Ive been taking fat burner which has made a difference IMO. My upper abs stick alot pretty decently. Just the lower abs tho wanna be on ? .

Ive been integrating cardio more into my routine, but I hear its more about diet and ab works than anything so ima start doing abs everyday and try to watch what I eat even more (like i heard try to cut bread out)
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You sat around for a year and a half, and that's what you like now?...You not een fat cuh!...Ol abnormal metabolism ass ? ...Ol "Oh no, I can't see my ribs no more!" ass ? ...Ol "Do these pants make me look big?" ass ? ...? this thread...Hahaha.
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Watch the sodium, fat and sugars in your diet. Only natural sugars. Avoid caffeine. Start juicing and no bad carbs. It'll shed.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Manik Sona wrote: »
    Watch the sodium, fat and sugars in your diet. Only natural sugars. Avoid caffeine. Start juicing and no bad carbs. It'll shed.

So wait, are fat burners counter productive then since they're loaded with Caffeine?
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    You sat around for a year and a half, and that's what you like now?...You not een fat cuh!...Ol abnormal metabolism ass ? ...Ol "Oh no, I can't see my ribs no more!" ass ? ...Ol "Do these pants make me look big?" ass ? ...? this thread...Hahaha.
    Rofl.........
  • Emerald City Rolla
    Emerald City Rolla Members Posts: 564
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So wait, are fat burners counter productive then since they're loaded with Caffeine?

I'm not sure why he's saying that. Caffeine is an energy booster and a diuretic which is helpful with weight loss goals seeing as how being an a caloric deficit will make a person tire easier and the caffeine acts as a stand-in energy boost to excess calories. The diuretic part is nice because it will help shed water which can give a "soft" appearance to muscles and muscular definition giving you a more "cut" look.

I would say no, unless he knows something I don't. Just make sure to hydrate more often as you'll be shedding that water more readily than if you weren't taking something.
  • Lambent
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »

I'm 6'2, and slim. (other than the midsection)

These love handles are killing me, don't look right on my body at all.
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Get your core stronger. Look for core workouts and do those. Also I think we have like 10 or so different types of abs and ? think doing regular situps tones up all of the when it don't. Look into different type of situps so you workout more of your abs. After a couple months you gon be good. Id say jog more than half a mile(that's nothing) but you said your knees are done.
  • Lambent
    edited August 2011
    Options
    chilly wrote: »
    Get your core stronger. Look for core workouts and do those. Also I think we have like 10 or so different types of abs and ? think doing regular situps tones up all of the when it don't. Look into different type of situps so you workout more of your abs. After a couple months you gon be good. Id say jog more than half a mile(that's nothing) but you said your knees are done.

Yeah, gonna try to work my way up to a mile this week. I also jog about 400 meters at the end of my workout, but yeah, that ain't ? , lol.

Right now for abs I have been doing:

mm, I forgot what we use to call these. It's the routine where you lay flat on your back with your hand under you, put your legs together, and raise them in the air and hold them. Start with 3 sets at 30 secs each, moving up to 40 sec, and should be at 1mil in 2-3 weeks.

Also do the something similar when laying on my side. Lay on side, raise midsection up in to the air, hold for 30 sec - 1min.

I then double taps, Cross, balance self on butt, touch the ground on each side twice, 2 sets of 25.

Then I finish up with 100 bicycle kicks, and add in some crunches if I feel like it.
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    try this during ur cardio work out...............

Sweet-Sweat_Stick1a.jpg

sweetsweatstudy.jpg
  • Lambent
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Reina B wrote: »

Sweet-Sweat_Stick1a.jpg

sweetsweatstudy.jpg

Thanks, sounds useful.

Think I will tough it out for now though, jogged 1 mile and 1/2 this morning, my body seems to be feeling better as I work out more.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    if you could take your pants off i would be able to give you a better assessment ok thx
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Do cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning change the intensity with jogging to sprints for a duration of 45 min-one hour

Eliminate any sodas, juices (unless its artificial blended) and beer/alcoholic beverages from your consumption/diet.

Eat smaller meals that contain veggies,whole wheat and salads.

Do a variety of core/ab exercises whether its machine, plyometrics or just your own body weight the ? abdominis are a group of muscles that adapt real quickly have to reach your body new exercises.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Have you tried juicing? Increases your metabolism greatly and you can start shedding.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Reina B wrote: »

Sweet-Sweat_Stick1a.jpg

sweetsweatstudy.jpg

what does sweating have to do with burning calories?
  • Emerald City Rolla
    Emerald City Rolla Members Posts: 564
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what does sweating have to do with burning calories?

It's a spray on thermogenic, which is a fancy way of saying it makes your body hotter. More muscle mass in the body actually increases the body's average core temperature as it requires more fuel in order to maintain itself, like running a car battery. Therefore a body that runs hotter requires more calories, so it mimics (theoretically as I have no idea whether this ? works) a higher muscle mass and increases your body's temperature making your cardio sessions more effective. Fat burning pills almost always have some sort of thermogenic compound or proprietary blend in there as well. Topical agents, I'm not too sure on. I would look for some honest reviews out there if you can find them.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    its more about diet from what i have read
    u on the right track just diversify
  • Hypernova
    Hypernova Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yea, diet is important for losing visceral and subcutaneous stomach fat.

Increase nutritious high fiber food, such as vegetables, 100% whole grains and fruits. Eat more omega 3 fish, low-fat dairy and lean poultry. Eliminate high glycemic index carbs (like refined grains and sugar) and keep your saturated fat intake low.

Exercise at least 30 minutes a day.

Stay consistent though, because it is easy to put it back on.