Jay-Z's legacy is in danger if he doesn't diss Lil Wayne

Options

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    rong wrote: »
    So Jay should respond to Wayne because of Sales? According to your logic.

But Wayne shouldn't respond to Pusha T because of Sales? lol

What about lyrical ability? That doesn't matter? And how does Wayne sales do anything to Jay Z sales? Are we only talking 1st week sales? because clearly Jay Z has sold more records than Wayne...But what about Lyrics? Wayne lyrics are not hittin right now, I rather Carter 1 & 2 wayne or squad up mixtape Wayne.

bottom line this is a joke.

im pretty sure thats jay's logic
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I see Jamaican ? on Passa Passa DVD's with tighter pants than Weezy on the regular....i bet yall ? wont call them ? to they face tho....and they the most anti ? ? i kno personally...all the theatrics aside, if we talking sales and ability to spit...Weezy is the most formidable opponent for Jay since Nas.....if Jay not gonna battle then he should stop throwing subliminals...its like his biggest fans go crazy over his subliminal shots but then say he dont have anything to gain by actually making a diss track...? dont even make sense to me...

Jay- Z - Dear Summer
    "It's like when ? make subliminal records
    If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
    You don't really want it with Hov, for the record
    I put a couple careers on hold, you could be next kid"

These bars right here show his inconsistencies.....hes the king of subliminal records, yet he says some ? like if it aint directed at him he dont respect it....but at the sametime these bars are directed at the Game who openly dissed Jay-Z...yet he is subliminally dissing him throughout the whole song...and the funny thing is i dont even think Game is worth the disses....its time for you to live that life Jay or just dont take shots anymore...
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im pretty sure thats jay's logic

But jay got more money, so what's the point. Also WTT has more props and is generally considered a better album. Also, how is Pusha T who exposed actual facts on Wayne, a nobody. Dude ran with pharrell and had hits with the clipse and the streets was checking for em (which is where beef matters)

Why are dudes even taking grown man kissing, jeggings wearing, self inflicting gun shot having, no bullets loaded in a gun you went to jail for ass ? serious on here. How is vanilla ice sales even relevant when dudes are supposed to be judging lyrics and actual street cred.

I don't even ? with Jay-Z like that, but at least dude actually lived the ? he talk about. Wayne living that gangsta ? through baby.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I swear all these jay threads turn into the same recycled arguments.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    But jay got more money, so what's the point. Also WTT has more props and is generally considered a better album. Also, how is Pusha T who exposed actual facts on Wayne, a nobody. Dude ran with pharrell and had hits with the clipse and the streets was checking for em (which is where beef matters)

Why are dudes even taking grown man kissing, jeggings wearing, self inflicting gun shot having, no bullets loaded in a gun you went to jail for ass ? serious on here. How is vanilla ice sales even relevant when dudes are supposed to be judging lyrics and actual street cred.

I don't even ? with Jay-Z like that, but at least dude actually lived the ? he talk about. Wayne living that gangsta ? through baby.

You wasting time bruh ? will side with whoever's up against jay because they hate him that much.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    Cosign..........what does J have to save after this foolishness?

Jay won

j & b got a good lauf watchin wayne tryna jack Bz swagger runnin & jumpin around n them skinniez lol
    rong wrote: »
    Exactly! LOL People acting like that line was soooo tough hahaha...What made the line even weaker is when there ALL at the VMAs and nobody got kidnapped lmao

not only that but when weezy came out n them leopard skinniez singin HOW 2 LUV that was self ether.,.,.
  • rong
    rong Members Posts: 91
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lil Wayne and Birdman started this whole thing a looooong time ago...Wayne fascination with Jay as his idol caused him to think he was Jay and wanted his position. Think People admire their idols sooo much that they use them as a measuring stick for their success. Wayne and all other Jay Z fans want to be number one sooo bad that they come at the very person they idolize thinking it will help them get there..But after all of these diss records Jay ever received, He is Still on top and his legacy is solidified.

So that was the start of it, Wayne started all of this, then they have been throwing subliminals since. More recenctly Birdman jumped in it feeling some time of way and constantly talking about Jay so when Jay finally responds in that interview that ignites Birdman and he keeps coming at Jay.

I think this is what keeps burning Birdman up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3bUnPm13KU&feature=related
  • checkmate3
    checkmate3 Members Posts: 90
    edited September 2011
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    You wasting time bruh ? will side with whoever's up against jay because they hate him that much.

^^^^real talk right here........I'll take longevity over what's hot at the moment any day. It's arguing over new money vs. old money. Old money is generational, it never runs out.
  • rong
    rong Members Posts: 91
    edited September 2011
    Options

C/S...But what I'm going to do is when talking to Wayne fans I'm going to first ask their Age..Usually that indicates their taste in music.
  • innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I agree, he need to focus on having a career period. Plus he aint the "battle rapper" type.

Lls and Wayne is?
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

That ? is Laughable to me? come on ? ....LIVES THE ? HE TALKS ABOUT?

So you one of those guys that think he got 92 bricks in the truck of his car? ROTFLOL gtfoh

And Wayne is a homsexual weirdo but that's whats making it more embarrassing for Jay than it do for Wayne. That This creepy little critter can make mixtapes and destroy beats that were your actual ? songs and got more hotter lines than you've spat the last 4 years to the point people really think Wayne is better than you.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited September 2011
    Options
    smh@ foolz that believe jay-z really lost 92 brickz.,.,.
  • hot7777
    hot7777 Members Posts: 201
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Jay Z can sit idle and let this slide because he wasn't blatantly called out. It'd be different if Wayne mentioned Jay Z by name. Being that there's only a certain demographic of fans who pay close attention to "subliminals", Jay will probably respond with one if anything at all. Wayne's supposed jabs weren't like the "Stillmatic Freestyle" where Nas flat out dissed Jay and the Roc. Even though Jay called Nas out first, the "Stillmatic Freestyle" demanded a response because people knew what was going on and there really wasn't any way to smoke screen or deny what was going on.

Umm.... the "stillmatic freestyle" by Nas that sent Jay-Z over the edge and made him do takeover was ONLY subliminals. They were obvious subliminals, so you know who Nas is taking about, but he never once said Jay-Z name until Ether. Similarily, Weezys recent diss was full of obvious subliminals where you know who he is talking about but he doesnt say Jay-Z
  • jek
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I dont understand all you IC ? that say Jay dont need to respond, he's rich, So and so aint on his level yada yada yada quack quack quack!! REALLY? Were you guys the people in grade school who let the new abnoctous kid that came from another school knock the books out your hand in the hallways and aint did ? about it talkin bout "i beat up the last bully last year, yall know how i get down i dont need to fight this new one". Were you people that condoan Jay z doing absolutely nothing about Camron, Game, Beans, Wayne the type to get spit on in school and keep it moving talking bout "its only spit, I got enough money to buy 50 hankerchifs to wipe it off, he cant even buy 1 hanky!lol" MIND YOU...YO ASS JUST GOT SPIT ON!!!

do yall realize how ridicuolus this logic is sounding?!!!

I dont give a ? what you did to defend yourself in the way back when dinosaurs was walkin around, you cant live in the past as fans and let ? go ? a ? mighta stood up for himself a ? decade ago and now claims to be the best fighter in the school yet new ? is pushin him all into lockers N ? and knockin books outta his hands.

Rap is a competative sport!! You cant be the man a few years ands hide behide your mainstream sucess(and even blueprint 3 was an abomination to me..? trash!!) and your dickriding fans that think you 've won every battle you've been in when you've loss most of those. IMO he has alot more to prove than you people think.Only person he's ever beat is Prodigy Not even Nas, PRODIGY!!...and yet this man gets a pass from that point on? ? the king of taking L's anyway, so that's like sayin you beat the one legged kid in a foot race. What part of the game is that? Wayne aint on Prodigy's level as far as lyrically? Somebody give me a good reason why Jay need to chill and not defend himself and dont give me ? like he go too much money and hankerchifs to worry about Wayne.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2011
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    That ? is Laughable to me? come on ? ....LIVES THE ? HE TALKS ABOUT?

So you one of those guys that think he got 92 bricks in the truck of his car? ROTFLOL gtfoh

And Wayne is a homsexual weirdo but that's whats making it more embarrassing for Jay than it do for Wayne. That This creepy little critter can make mixtapes and destroy beats that were your actual ? songs and got more hotter lines than you've spat the last 4 years to the point people really think Wayne is better than you.

lmao. How Wayne got hotter lines. That's your ? ass opinion. Also, dude lived a hood life and had at least one brick. You can't say he wasn't hustling. Rap damn sure wasn't feeding him at the time. And he was hustling in one of the toughest hoods in Brooklyn. Marcy isn't a game and neither is the surrounding hood of bed-stuy especially in the 80's. So I'm not mad at him exaggerating as all rappers do. It gets a bit awkward when you talk that ? and you never even held a gram unless you was smoking it yourself.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So in 4 weeks this thread will be dead and Wayne will still be Wayne putting out wack material and Jay will still be Jay adding to his legacy. Like i've said, Wayne fanbase is mindless teenagers and Jays fans are grown people, they are not gonna affect each others base. Jay is too embedded in his career at this point and Wayne has been dickriding Jay-z since 2002 on those Squad Up tapes up to now. The ? even admitted to being a stan on his own Behind the Music special, just too much ? going against him.
  • jek
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lmao. How Wayne got hotter lines. That's your ? ass opinion. Also, dude lived a hood life and had a least one brick (you can't say he wasn't hustling. Rap damn sure wasn't feeding him at the time. And he was hustling in one of the toughest hoods in Brooklyn. Marcy isn't a game and neither is the surrounding hood of bed-stuy especially in the 80's. So I'm not mad at him exaggerating as all rappers do. It gets a bit awkward when you talk that ? and you never even held a gram unless you was smoking it yourself.

I stand buy my ? ASS opinion...all you have to do is listen to D.O.A by Jay and Waynes No Celings D.O.A freestyle. Wayne took over that track and made that ? his beat. Jay shoulda been embarrassed. And if Jay was such a tough drug dealer as recently as the American Gangster album why he cant go back to his own hood that he had on smash? You IC ? believe every thing a ? say
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    jays legacy should have stopped with black album

? cant even stay on beat anymore, ? got darth vadar swag

michael jay fox
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    jays legacy should have stopped with black album

? cant even stay on beat anymore, ? got darth vadar swag

michael jay fox

Lil wayne shoulda stopped at C2, dont dodge the honesty

? cant even form a proper sentence rappin about nothin with weakest punch lines BROWN GRASS
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lil Wayne might be the only artist in rap who has progressively gotten worst as a artist album by album.
  • jek
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lmao. How Wayne got hotter lines. That's your ? ass opinion. Also, dude lived a hood life and had at least one brick. You can't say he wasn't hustling. Rap damn sure wasn't feeding him at the time. And he was hustling in one of the toughest hoods in Brooklyn. Marcy isn't a game and neither is the surrounding hood of bed-stuy especially in the 80's. So I'm not mad at him exaggerating as all rappers do. It gets a bit awkward when you talk that ? and you never even held a gram unless you was smoking it yourself.

you aint mad at him exaggerating but U MAD at Wayne for the Blood exaggerations? Whats wrong with ? the both of them posers for exaggerating instead of tolerating it from one shmuck but not the other sounding bias as hell?
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this past week has shown me that jay stans are way worse than shadyteam
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is ? wack ass Wayne we talking bout...gtfoh Wayne is trash...
  • Treize117
    Treize117 Members Posts: 1,112
    edited September 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Lil Wayne might be the only artist in rap who has progressively gotten worst as a artist album by album.

false........
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2011
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    I stand buy my ? ASS opinion...all you have to do is listen to D.O.A by Jay and Waynes No Celings D.O.A freestyle. Wayne took over that track and made that ? his beat. Jay shoulda been embarrassed. And if Jay was such a tough drug dealer as recently as the American Gangster album why he cant go back to his own hood that he had on smash? You IC ? believe every thing a ? say

What's with the caps. You mad?

Not even the biggest drug dealers can go back to their own hood ? . Don't you know that the hood don't give a ? about robbing you. Also i never said he was the biggest, i said he at least had one and dude exaggerated the rest. What did you read. I'll check the track out, but my accurate opinion stands in terms of their overall contributions.