just one main meal a day and excercise
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    kevmic wrote: »
    Trust...It will clean you the ? out!! LOL

Oh I am sure of that! Lol.
    I'd really like to do a foot detox also, rid my body of all toxins and waste.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    10 pounds? A good diet and hitting the elliptical periodically should do it for you..
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There's only one sure fire weigh to lose weight. Burn off more calories than you consume. Eat 6 small meals to keep your metabolism high, work out daily, watch the weight disappear.

There's no magical formula or secret spell.
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Cosign on that. Watch your calories, but don't consume a lot of fatty foods either. Cardio will burn but lifting weights will also burn a lot of calories so don't be afraid to start lifting.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Juice fast. I'm on a 60 day fast and already after 2 weeks I've lost 24 lbs. No gimmick, no super pill, just a juicer from target or wal mart and fruits and veggies. Regular daily exercise for even faster results.

Im about to get on that as we speak, what types of fruit and veggies you use. do you make a combo ??

what do your meals look like and what times do you drink your shakes
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yes, I've done it, and it works very well. Here is what to eat in a more detail (Commonesensehealth) :
    What to eat
    Healthy Vegetables: Choose most often from the vegetables list. Go mainly for the brightest colored veggies with the most vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Focus on orange, red and dark green, like broccoli, kale, carrots, bell peppers, squash and tomatoes. Also use garlic and onions, which are great natural antibiotics that strengthen immunity and help prevent disease. 

Nutritious Fresh Fruits: From the fruits list, enjoy colorful fresh, frozen and (in limited amounts) dried fruit. Choose berries, oranges, peaches, apples, plums, cantaloupe, red grapes and other fruit low on the glycemic foods index, rather than juices or canned fruit.

Wholesome Whole Grains: Select brown rice, whole grain breads and pasta, oatmeal and other whole grain high fiber foods instead of refined grains, such as white bread and white rice. 

Fish, Poultry and Meats: For healthy high protein foods, choose poultry (without the skin), eggs, beans, nuts and seeds. Include omega 3 fish, like salmon, sardines and albacore tuna, at least twice a week. If you eat meat, pick lean cuts and limit portion sizes. 

Eggs and Low Fat Dairy: Choose only low-fat dairy products, such as fat free or low-fat milk, cheese and acidophilus yogurt. Limit your use of butter and eat no more than one egg a day. 

Beans, Nuts and Seeds: Legumes and beans, like lentils, split peas, soy and kidney beans are good sources of both protein and fiber. Add to soups, salads and other dishes. Healthy nut and seed choices of are unsalted almonds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds. Nuts are high in calories, so keep portions small. 

Essential Oils and Fats: Get high quality good fat and essential fatty acids from whole grains, olive oil, raw nuts and seeds, avocados and omega 3 fish. Use olive oil for salads, stir-frying and baking. To help with weight management, eat fats sparingly.
    What NOT to eat

Fruits and Vegetables: Eliminate deep-fried vegetables and vegetables served with butter, cheese or cream sauce. Avoid canned sweetened fruit, fruit juice (one cup has no fiber and as much as 10 teaspoons of sugar) and fruit toppings like whipped cream. 

Refined Grain Products: Cut out all refined grains, found in most breads, pasta, crackers and cereals and all pastries, such as doughnuts, cakes, pies, croissants, muffins, cookies, and snack foods like chips, buttered popcorn and many trail mixes. 

Nuts, Seeds and Beans: Stay away from fatty bean soups and chilies that include sausage, bacon or other high fat meats. And avoid nuts and seeds that are roasted in oil and salted. 

Meats, Fish and Poultry: Eliminate red meat high in saturated fats and other high fat meats like bacon, sausage, hot dogs, ribs, bologna, pepperoni, salami, pastrami and most hamburgers. Also avoid fried fish, chicken and turkey, plus poultry skin. 

High Fat Dairy Products: Avoid high fat cream, cream cheese, sour cream, whipped cream, ice cream, whole milk, 2% reduced fat milk and whole milk yogurt. Only use butter and full fat cheese in small quantities and eat no more than one egg a day.

Bad Fats and Most Oils: Limit saturated fats and eliminate all fried foods, foods containing trans fats, lard or the partially hydrogenated oils found in pastries, doughnuts, cakes, cookies, candy, microwave popcorn, French fries and most chocolate.

High Glycemic Sweets: Avoid concentrated sweets, like fruit juice and candy and sweetened foods, like sodas, bakery goods, prepared cereals, canned goods and most packaged foods.

This guy knows what he's talking about. ? that counting calorie ? . Not to mention this a healthy lifestyle diet. Not some fad ? .
  • Lady_Capoeira
    Lady_Capoeira Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Good read. I'm gonna try that......
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i lost 26 pounds in 2 months by exercising and eating right as much as possible
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i lost 26 pounds in 2 months by exercising and eating right as much as possible

i dont belee unless your like 400lbs
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    dropping the first 10 is easy...it'll all be water weight any way. try the following for 5 days.

no fruit. no starchy vegetables (corn, potatoes). no fried foods. no bread or rice.

eat mainly meat and lots of leafy vegetables.
    season all of your food with mrs dash instead of salt.
    drink 8 bottles of water a day.

even 3 days into this you should have dropped at least 5lbs.

after you do this you'll have a good idea of where you actually stand fat-wise instead of where you think you are. once you are here, your workouts will be more profitable for fat burning. you'll have much less insulin in you blood sabotaging your efforts.

i eat all kinds of stuff and still burn fat (bags of chicken wings (no sauce), steak, lobster, scallops, etc). but once every 4-5 days i'll eat regular or even throw down on sushi or pizza or fried chicken. nothing happens but a few more trips to the bathroom cuz the food rev'd up your metabolism and about 4lbs of water weight that disappears after 2 more days of keep carbs under 100g a day. unless you go crazy low with the carbs, you're not gonna go into ketosis and have stanking ass breath. 100g a day is fine.

i can burn fat without restricting carbs but it is much easier to do when keeping them 100g or lower because...my (water bloat) weight fluctuates too damn much when too much sodium and carbs are in my diet so I never really know where I stand as far as "fat" to lose.

ppl bang their heads against the wall with this stuff but the bottom line is a plan and self control. if you don't have it, then you ain't gonna wish and pray your way to want you want.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    Im about to get on that as we speak, what types of fruit and veggies you use. do you make a combo ??

I'm using mostly spinach, beets, and carrots for my veggies. As for fruits I use to mix with mostly apples and citrus fruits(Oranges, lemons, grapefruit) as a flush. Best way to do this is be real with your self so you won't just give it up all together...

1. If you really want something to eat...eat it!! It won't ? you to have a sandwich or salad when you have really bad food cravings. Just don't go overboard.
    2. 5 days on, 2 days off- This is the best way to stick to a schedule. So if you're in school or have a 5 day work schedule, that is the easiest way to stick to a fasting regimen. Then take two days to simply eat really light while still juicing.
    3. No need to stress over what goes with what, it's raw fruits and veggies so have at it- Whatever the combination is, all you're after is the vitamins and mineral they produce. The combinations really comes down to what taste good with what. A apple or citrus base will cut the flavor of any vegetable. Throw in some berries and you won't really taste anything but juice.

It really only takes 3 to 4 days before any cravings won't even exist anymore. Which is the hardest stretch of the fast. I'm still doing it, and I am noticing huge boosts in energy, so be careful of what fruit or veggie you drink at night if you wanna get some sleep. I made one and I was wired for about 6 hours. I felt good, but I had to get up for work the next morning, so I saved that one for weekends. lol
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

As for times I drink, all day. I'll make one for my ride to work in the morning. Then I'll drink water all day. Around lunch I'll buy a meal replacement juice or smoothie. For dinner I'll drink another juice and have a light meal or snack like a salad or sandwich. I tried to cheat a few day into it and had some wings, my body was so use to the fruits and veggies by that point, I felt sick. So even if you want to eat bad foods, your body won't let you after a while which is kind of awesome because it's like my body is now holding me accountable.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm using mostly spinach, beets, and carrots for my veggies. As for fruits I use to mix with mostly apples and citrus fruits(Oranges, lemons, grapefruit) as a flush. Best way to do this is be real with your self so you won't just give it up all together...

1. If you really want something to eat...eat it!! It won't ? you to have a sandwich or salad when you have really bad food cravings. Just don't go overboard.
    2. 5 days on, 2 days off- This is the best way to stick to a schedule. So if you're in school or have a 5 day work schedule, that is the easiest way to stick to a fasting regimen. Then take two days to simply eat really light while still juicing.
    3. No need to stress over what goes with what, it's raw fruits and veggies so have at it- Whatever the combination is, all you're after is the vitamins and mineral they produce. The combinations really comes down to what taste good with what. A apple or citrus base will cut the flavor of any vegetable. Throw in some berries and you won't really taste anything but juice.

It really only takes 3 to 4 days before any cravings won't even exist anymore. Which is the hardest stretch of the fast. I'm still doing it, and I am noticing huge boosts in energy, so be careful of what fruit or veggie you drink at night if you wanna get some sleep. I made one and I was wired for about 6 hours. I felt good, but I had to get up for work the next morning, so I saved that one for weekends. lol
    As for times I drink, all day. I'll make one for my ride to work in the morning. Then I'll drink water all day. Around lunch I'll buy a meal replacement juice or smoothie. For dinner I'll drink another juice and have a light meal or snack like a salad or sandwich. I tried to cheat a few day into it and had some wings, my body was so use to the fruits and veggies by that point, I felt sick. So even if you want to eat bad foods, your body won't let you after a while which is kind of awesome because it's like my body is now holding me accountable.

YO thank's alot for taking your time to answer the questions. Im getting back into that warrior lifetsyle again. I was running 6 miles a day and was into bodybuilding alot, got down to 212 with 36 inch waist but i looked like i was weighing 240 from all the muscle mass i was putting on. for 3 years straight all i ate was tuna, oatmeal, beef, chicken breast, egg whites, salad's, whole wheat bread.

but wife got pregnant and it was a wrap, so now im going back into it, and im going to do the juice fast to detox my body and to eat right, drop some fat, and save some cash.

Booxing 2x a week, weightlifting 4x a week with this juice fast should do me right.
  • Fly_King
    Fly_King Members Posts: 136
    edited October 2011
    Options
    weed water walkin less food intake
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i dont belee unless your like 400lbs

Lost 33 lbs of baby weight+ within a few months, it is very possible but it really depends on your body not to mention gender, genetics, health etc. It's not easy but once you get into the habit of eating healthy and exercising consistently it becomes your lifestyle. Falling off is easy, getting back on is the difficult part.
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Thanks for all of the advice. I'm making progress. So far I've lost 4lbs. :)
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Thanks for all of the advice. I'm making progress. So far I've lost 4lbs. :)

good for you, keep up the good work. :)

I can lose 5 lbs easy by just taking lunch instead of getting fast food, only drinking water & running 2 miles every other day.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited October 2011
    Options
    More cardio and a healthy diet low on starchy carbs will help. Make sure to drink water, not soda or other high calorie drinks. Keep up the good work!
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    drink a bottle of that lemon laxative that makes you go to the bathroom it works

i drink a bottle a day and it takes off the pounds
  • Lady_Capoeira
    Lady_Capoeira Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    WOOOOHOOOO, Lady_C end up losing 14 lbs..... Another 65Lbs to go and I'll be straight!!!!
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ok so I haven't been as on top of my weight loss as I should have been but I've managed to lose another 3lbs.

Yay!!!

From 133 to 126..... Now just 3 more to go. Hopefully it doesn't take me another month to get there.. Lol
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    3 day ? binge....results may vary
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ok so I haven't been as on top of my weight loss as I should have been but I've managed to lose another 3lbs.

Yay!!!

From 133 to 126..... Now just 3 more to go. Hopefully it doesn't take me another month to get there.. Lol

seriously?...there's like, nothing left....im not bashing u tho miss but its a shame....u aint gotta have jelly but at least keep a lil apple butter or sumn!
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited November 2011
    Options

Yay!!!

How tall are you again? And judging by your photos, you might be overdoing it but that's just my opinion. Whatever you feel comfortable with is what's important. Im just saying a little meat on the bones is nice on a woman, those soft, feminine curves are a keeper.