Is Gold really the answer?

Options
IgotNx
IgotNx Members Posts: 32
edited September 2011 in The Social Lounge
Have any of yall bought gold as a back up plan just in case money is worth paper? Thoughts.....

Comments

• Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it's not really answer it is how ever a good back up.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Gold and Silver will both be worthless in the days that lay ahead. It's either believe ? or take the mark of the beast. There are no other options for the last days.

"Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land."
    Zephaniah 1:18

The only arc of safety that will be provided in the last days will be in the wilderness. Revelation 12 details this. Just as the Hebrew slaves were spared from the plagues of Egypt in the land of Goshen, so shall those who make it to the wilderness be spared from the reign of the beast for the last 3.5 years of this age.

You must turn to ? my friend. Even if you don't make it to the wilderness you will still reign and rule with Jesus Christ forever and ever if you have been born again. The end of this age is almost here and it is about to get terrible! The human mind can't fathom how awful it is going to get. But ? will have mercy on those who are obedient. Seek Him and you will live. Shun Him and you will die. Amen.
  • IgotNx
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Gold and Silver will both be worthless in the days that lay ahead. It's either believe ? or take the mark of the beast. There are no other options for the last days.

But if I have gold will that hold them off for a while until I die or something?
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    igotnx wrote: »
    have any of yall bought gold as a back up plan just in case money is worth paper? Thoughts.....
    gold and silver will both be worthless in the days that lay ahead. It's either believe ? or take the mark of the beast. There are no other options for the last days.

"neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the lord's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: For he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land."
    zephaniah 1:18

the only arc of safety that will be provided in the last days will be in the wilderness. Revelation 12 details this. Just as the hebrew slaves were spared from the plagues of egypt in the land of goshen, so shall those who make it to the wilderness be spared from the reign of the beast for the last 3.5 years of this age.

You must turn to ? my friend. Even if you don't make it to the wilderness you will still reign and rule with jesus christ forever and ever if you have been born again. The end of this age is almost here and it is about to get terrible! The human mind can't fathom how awful it is going to get. But ? will have mercy on those who are obedient. Seek him and you will live. Shun him and you will die. Amen.

^^^^^^^^^^^

what he said......

But naw bruh.. Gold cost toooooo much to be trying to buy.. Yeah money is bout to be worthless, but what can u do?.. Only trust and believe in the father...
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options
    IgotNx wrote: »

But if I have gold will that hold them off for a while until I die or something?

HOLD WHO OFF?.. WHO IS THE THEM THAT U SPEAK OF
  • IgotNx
    edited September 2011
    Options

HOLD WHO OFF?.. WHO IS THE THEM THAT U SPEAK OF

The people who want to mark me with the sign of the beast. You know cant buy ? without it, but..... If I have gold......
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options

The people who want to mark me with the sign of the beast. You know cant buy ? without it, but..... If I have gold......

DONT KNOW.. I MEAN U MIGHT BE ABLE 2 TRADE SOME GOLD FOR SOME FOOD, BUT YOU KNOW THEY GONE BE TRYIN TO CATCH!

WHY DONT U JUST MAKE SURE U GO 2 HEAVEN SO THAT U DONT HAVE 2 GO THROUGH THAT?
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No, I am not using gold as a back up. I did sell some old bracelets and watches I had that were gold and saved the cash though.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Have any of yall bought gold as a back up plan just in case money is worth paper? Thoughts.....

If you bought it in case you need it later while money is still worth something, then that's good.

If you bought it in case the end times, when money is worth nothing, you made a bad choice.

Gold though on a spaceship ftw, I'd be getting a one way ticket out of here. All gold spaceship, limo tint windows.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    no,gold is at an all time high, just like the housing market once was, and it will soon collapse just the same. people still havent learned.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    personally, i invest my "if ? hits the fan" money in ammunition
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Not sure, I think guns will be a better investment either way. I'll buy one soon enough.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Not sure, I think guns will be a better investment either way. I'll buy one soon enough.
    finally, some sound logic
  • bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Paperback or the dollar wont EVER become worthless in our lifetimes. Gold is NOT the answer. Understand this - people are buying gold b/c gold is an inflationary fighter & a backup plan that the economy tanks. Remember that the first reason why ppl started buyin gold was b/c they thought an economic downfall was CERTAIN. If u have half a trillion dollars of investors money sitting in an industry that only is worth about a hundred billion & ALLL of those investors are looking for double digit returns then what do u think is goin to happen when those returns arent there or when ppl start getting hired again & start pulling their money of out gold and into things like cash, real estate & consumer goods ?

Everyone is all crazy about gold b/c its been rising but no one thinks about the long term (or short term) down the road. I can guarantee you that if you buy gold now u will lose two thirds of ur investment maybe more when that ? comes to a grinding halt & falls. & no u cannot time the market everybody thinks that theyll just sell b4 it goes bust kinda like a drug dealer who thinks he can go clean JUST b4 the feds kick in the door. What goes up must come down. Gold was attractive 6 or 7 years ago not today tho.

True indeed... I was always taught to by low and sell high. Given that logic, why the hell are people still trying to buy gold at it's highest? How the ? can they expect to sell it?
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Gold can very expensive, and plus gold chains are very popular....what's up with rose gold? Does anyone know if they make blue gold?
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    love yal wrote: »
    Gold can very expensive, and plus gold chains are very popular....what's up with rose gold? Does anyone know if they make blue gold?

nah they dont

and i dont need gold im in switzerland im safe
  • IgotNx
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Paperback or the dollar wont EVER become worthless in our lifetimes. Gold is NOT the answer. Understand this - people are buying gold b/c gold is an inflationary fighter & a backup plan that the economy tanks. Remember that the first reason why ppl started buyin gold was b/c they thought an economic downfall was CERTAIN. If u have half a trillion dollars of investors money sitting in an industry that only is worth about a hundred billion & ALLL of those investors are looking for double digit returns then what do u think is goin to happen when those returns arent there or when ppl start getting hired again & start pulling their money of out gold and into things like cash, real estate & consumer goods ?

Everyone is all crazy about gold b/c its been rising but no one thinks about the long term (or short term) down the road. I can guarantee you that if you buy gold now u will lose two thirds of ur investment maybe more when that ? comes to a grinding halt & falls. & no u cannot time the market everybody thinks that theyll just sell b4 it goes bust kinda like a drug dealer who thinks he can go clean JUST b4 the feds kick in the door. What goes up must come down. Gold was attractive 6 or 7 years ago not today tho.

I bought me a ounce of gold for around $1,500. Now what if I save that ? when ? hits the fan later on in my life? I think gold will ALWAYS be worth something... It may not be the answer for now.. but it is a good investment..... I think if the economy gets fix and gold is low again.... ? im buying me some gold bars for next time this ? happens....