Ladies can you see yourself dating a man that dont know how to change a tire?

Options
2»

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    Thats pretty cool for you bruh but whats that mean to us? Nothing other than your dad is pretty healthy and your moms got the hands and forearms of a German construction worker.

Exactly!!!

Im not one of these new young cats, but im not a fan of symbolism!...doin ? the hard/old fashioned way dont make u no better man.

Adapt or die. Reminds me of my friends who dont text, just call all the damn time. Ngga adapt lol
  • S2J
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was changin a flat on a slanted road...the jack kept slippin

AAA comes in, they have the BIG jack (nh)..

Yall cant tell me ? about changin a tire unless you've seen the BIG jack (nh) lol That ? takes 5 minutes vs that lil ass jack that fits in the trunk compartment lol
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Adapting sounds a lot like laziness in this case...quit being a ? in boots.
  • S2J
    edited September 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    Adapting sounds a lot like laziness in this case...quit being a ? in boots.

Wait, is that refering to me?
  • kat2180
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You or anybody else with a similar opinion...
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    Thats pretty cool for you bruh but whats that mean to us? Nothing other than your dad is pretty healthy and your moms got the hands and forearms of a German construction worker.

Yikes...

But yeah, I rather not wait and change my tire on my own. Takes too long waiting on Triple A and I got places to be.
  • S2J
    edited September 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    You or anybody else with a similar opinion...

You know...i could easily go in on u seeing that ur story is well known, but today im gonna be positive...so, ok...cool
  • kat2180
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol.feel free to 'go in' on something completely irrelevant to the topic.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Absolutely not. And I think I've said this on this very board atleast 3-4 times. A man doing manly things is attractive. On a primal level it shows that he's competent, that he can take care of you. Same as wanting a man who's been in fights before. While it's not an admirable quality on it's own, it shows he can protect you, so it makes him more attractive. Women deny it alot, but I don't believe it. When their man comes out with fists swinging, the panties get a little wet. At the very least, the sex is extra that night. True story.
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No big deal but I've never met a guy who doesn't know how to change a tire.
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I change tires,breaks, oil, and belts. But if its midsummer or winter I get jiffy ? to change the oil. Waiting for aaa takes to long. Only time I called them was when a key broke off in the ignition.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I had four old ass tires on my car earlier this year and put off getting new ones cause I was broke as hell, kept saying I was gonna get new tires next month for like six months. Then one by one all my tires went flat over the course of like two weeks. I had this little donut, and I broke one of the bolts off while I was changing a tire, so one sunday I was driving around looking for an open repair shop on a small donut held on with three bolts, wobbly as hell... thank ? that embarrassingly broke period of my life is in the rearview.

On topic, y'all dad's failed if you don't know how to change a tire
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Pretty stupid reason not to date a ? . Or..you could just have ya daddy teach that ? how to change a tire or teach him yourself and move on.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    chilly wrote: »
    I change tires,breaks, oil, and belts. But if its midsummer or winter I get jiffy ? to change the oil. Waiting for aaa takes to long. Only time I called them was when a key broke off in the ignition.

Sexiest words in this thread. Lol.

Seriously though, I too like my man a bit rugged but a deal breaker? Lol, no. Plus I can change my own, I like being handy. You give me some tools, some furniture and I am putting that bad boy together all the while having fun :)
  • WynnieJames
    WynnieJames Members Posts: 6
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I could. That would not be a dealbreaker....I don't know how to iron, so it works out.
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    women who can't cook shouldn't be saying shiet on this issue

LOL ..... Ice dropping real spit in here
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if i can find a nice guy who treats me right and can work on cars i will be in love lol. my boyfriend now is great tho, he knows some things but he can't fix ? on a car smh. i still love him though.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have no idea how to change a tire

so I could really careless
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    I have no idea how to change a tire

so I could really careless

arent you a woman tho?...smh....men dont even gotta be men no more....just sum jeggings and a snapback and u in there! lmao....sign of the times
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    arent you a woman tho?...smh....men dont even gotta be men no more....just sum jeggings and a snapback and u in there! lmao....sign of the times
    naw

its just that stereotypical "manly ? " doesn't make my list of priorities

do we share some of the same goals?
    is he a decent person?
    can we build something together?

^^^ that ? is what it takes

I can pay someone to change a tire and mow the lawn, in fact thats is what I do now

and I'm not looking for a dude to be my handyman

if he can do those things great, but if he doesn't it really isn't a big deal
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what kinda man don't know how to change a tire? even if nobody TAUGHT you, at some point any testosterone filled man shoulda changed a tire. At the very least be willing to give it a try. c'mon that just basic ?

when I'm doing car or home maintenance I make sure my son is with me and taking notes.
  • kat2180
    edited September 2011
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    These days.. A man's masculinity is attached to his wallet... If he got paper.. And a cell phone.. He will call a tow truck guy.. That tow truck guy will change the tire.. He will tip that tow truck guy.. And his lady will call him a boss.. It is what it is..

No..I would think he was a diva.

Get out and change the damn tire..now that is sexy.
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    its true. ? is the new ? . what a damn shame
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    naw

its just that stereotypical "manly ? " doesn't make my list of priorities

do we share some of the same goals?
    is he a decent person?
    can we build something together?

^^^ that ? is what it takes

I can pay someone to change a tire and mow the lawn, in fact thats is what I do now

and I'm not looking for a dude to be my handyman

if he can do those things great, but if he doesn't it really isn't a big deal
    sboogie wrote: »
    its 2011...
    what the ? does changing a tire have to do with how a dude is gonna treat u?
    y'all dumb ? ...

ya'll went way deeper than the question asked tho...it would take an idiot to think changing a tire would make or break the choice to ? wit somebody...but as the thread shows, there are some women out there that feel like this is ? their man should be able to do...simple as that...now its a loooong list of other ? they feel like he need to do too, but we wasnt talkin bout that
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I know how to change a tire but i'll be damned if i'll anything for some ? . I'll call AAA and ? that hoe in the back of the car until they get there.

We hard on hoes in 2011.