Should they deployThe National Guard in Chicago?

Options
2»

Comments

• Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What else is there to do, peaceful resolutions have not worked, fixing the economic situation will not work. If the economy drove violence into how it is there now then it would be alot more than what there is commiting the murders. Im glad you think that those who ? and ? are only doing it because of the economy and that no one joins gangs because it looks cool or they would rather make big money the easy way instead of working for ? . Those in poverty to at times resort to robbing to feed their family, the ? in Chicago is way beyond that. All this money ? is so people dont have to ? accept that these people are responsible for their own ? , again its easier to blame somone than it is to control your own life.

You have a very niave view point on life. I knew drug dealers growing up, that ? aint as easy as it's made out to be, the ? is actually mad hard. Keep in mind, when you deal drugs you are getting into a dangerous ass game, the ? aint a joke. You gotta worry about cops, rival dealers AND stick up kids. AND the ? actually doesnt pay as much as people think it does, the majority of drug dealers dont even make a lot of money, but they do it because they literally feel its a last resort. Some even put one foot in the legit world, and another foot in the drug world and they do both and see which one pays off more.

Ive seen people posted up at damn near 4 AM, and there are drug dealers that will post up in 10 degree weather. People don't deal drugs because they are "lazy" they are simply impatient. They want INSTANT gratification, and some do it because they really feel they cant get money any other way.

Why do you think everyone in the hood has high ass blood pressure and so short tempered? Its because of all these damn fast food restaurants combined with the every day stress of living in America's poorest communities. Segregated from the rich.

Now like I said, Im not excusing any of it, Im just saying, you need to truly examine the root cause of this ? , and address that root cause.

Anti Violence Marches, cops with AR-15's, and Gun Buybacks are nice but they dont address the root cause of the problem. Economic disparity and psycological traumas.

Are there people who need to be locked up forever? Yes, but thats because they have completely gone beyond the point of no return. Those are your hardest of the hard core. In general though, if you fix the issue of poverty you will fix issues like the ones in Chicago.

Killing someone to teach them not to ? is stupid. Period Point Blank there is no debating it. Thats why I dont agree with the death penalty or even war. Honestly, we shouldnt have even gone into Afghanistan, we shoulda sent INTERPOL after Osama.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I teach kids at the boys and girls club who have seen family members get stabbed nearly to death, I teach them not to react violently when someone hurts them.

Now how would I look if I advocated VIOLENT penalties like the death penalty, or vigilantism? Like a damn hyppocrite.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What else is there to do, peaceful resolutions have not worked, fixing the economic situation will not work. If the economy drove violence into how it is there now then it would be alot more people than what there is commiting the murders. Im glad you think that those who ? and ? are only doing it because of the economy and that no one joins gangs because it looks cool or they would rather make big money the easy way instead of working for ? . Those in poverty do at times resort to robbing to feed their family, the ? in Chicago is way beyond that. All this money ? is so people dont have to ? accept that these people are responsible for their own ? , again its easier to blame somone than it is to control your own life.

this is real ? . I dont wanna admit the ? but places like Chi-Town are out of control and been out of control for a while. The gang members used to have respect for their neighborhood and listened to their older and wiser OG's but the younger dudes are a product of this "get money" society we live in and said ? an OG, every man for himself. The leash is gone and the animals run wild. I hate to admit the ? because it goes against what I believe in but its true for a place like Chicago.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this is real ? . I dont wanna admit the ? but places like Chi-Town are out of control and been out of control for a while. The gang members used to have respect and listened to their older and wiser OG's but the younger dudes are a product of this "get money" society we live in and said ? an OG, every man for himself. The leash is gone and the animals run wild. I hate to admit the ? because it goes against what I believe in but its true for a place like Chicago.

Well if the National Gaurd goes into Chicago and the community is welcoming them with open arms do not be surprised when the community gets profiled and everyone is labeled as criminal.

And dont be surprised when IT DOESNT WORK! lol
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And dont think Im running around cosigning drug dealers, hell it used to ? me the ? off that drug dealers driving around in brand new escalades and ? got all the girls while my ass was working at dunkin donuts, but at the same time I realized that they are simply just gonna live a fast lifestyle and be assed out in the end. And I refuse to be assed out in the end.

But I always recognize that the drug dealer mentality is caused by the American culture of materialism and individualism.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    I teach kids at the boys and girls club who have seen family members get stabbed nearly to death, I teach them not to react violently when someone hurts them.

Now how would I look if I advocated VIOLENT penalties like the death penalty, or vigilantism? Like a damn hyppocrite.

I dont believe in violence either, I dont believe in hurtin anyone honestly in my eyes we all brothers, black, white, hispanic it dont matter. But at a certain point the resolution becomes death. If you take a life for a reason like gangs you deserve to have yours taken. You fix the economy the killings will decline some but they will far from stop. Not everyone dealing drugs is doing it because they think its a last resort quit tellin me that ? I been around dealers way to long to hear that. They do it because its tax free money, they aint got no boss, and they makin alot more than they would workin at the ? grocery store. The young generation is gettin into drugs and gangs because they have no male role models and are lookin up to ? on tv like rappers who are mainly on some ignorant ? ? . If you really think fixin the economy in Chicago will cease all this gang ? your out your ? mind, ? 12-16 years old aint doin ? because they payin bills they doin it because thats what they grew up seein other ? doin and they looked up to em. You dont see the parents on the news talkin about they cant understand why their kid chose that life? They would know wether or not their kid HAD TO ? TO SURVIVE, they aint gonna say well i dont know if they do know. Not everything you say has to agree with the black man for us to respect you, you got a ? mind use it quit bein a yes man to irresponsible ? .
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Chicago has always been violent, doesn't matter the color. but I will say this, when governments were working with the Conservative Vice Lords things were a lot better. also, when they threw the book at Larry Hoover in '95' its been chaotic ever since. the aforementioned could have straitened out these problems with the proper tools, but I know that ain't part of the plan.

I always said that. People don't understand the history of gangs in Chicago. Chicago gangs were hands down the most organized and really the most capable of effecting a change in the youth.

They weren't like crips and bloods with no purpose just shooting and killing for no reason. When they went after Hoover and Jeff Fort that cause a lot of stuff to break out. They were threatened because they had all the youth with them and if they decided to enter into the City of Chicago business and politics, they could have literally controlled the whole city. Which they were beginning to do
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I dont believe in violence either, I dont believe in hurtin anyone honestly in my eyes we all brothers, black, white, hispanic it dont matter. But at a certain point the resolution becomes death. If you take a life for a reason like gangs you deserve to have yours taken. You fix the economy the killings will decline some but they will far from stop. Not everyone dealing drugs is doing it because they think its a last resort quit tellin me that ? I been around dealers way to long to hear that. They do it because its tax free money, they aint got no boss, and they makin alot more than they would workin at the ? grocery store. The young generation is gettin into drugs and gangs because they have no male role models and are lookin up to ? on tv like rappers who are mainly on some ignorant ? ? . If you really think fixin the economy in Chicago will cease all this gang ? your out your ? mind, ? 12-16 years old aint doin ? because they payin bills they doin it because thats what they grew up seein other ? doin and they looked up to em. You dont see the parents on the news talkin about they cant understand why their kid chose that life? They would know wether or not their kid HAD TO ? TO SURVIVE, they aint gonna say well i dont know if they do know. Not everything you say has to agree with the black man for us to respect you, you got a ? mind use it quit bein a yes man to irresponsible ? .

well like I said, the national guard aint gonna work, and vigiliantism isnt gonna work.

The cops stay popping gang members and drug dealers in South America and that doesnt do ? . (shrugs)
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

The problem with this line of thinking is what you just said and placed on the youth, Government and Corporate America have done the same thing. Are you going toadvocate they get dealt with
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I dont believe in violence either, But at a certain point the resolution becomes death.

This is a complete contradiction, either you do or you don't, there is no in between.
    Not everyone dealing drugs is doing it because they think its a last resort quit tellin me that ? I been around dealers way to long to hear that.

I see you ignored the part where I also said I've been around drug dealers. lol
    They do it because its tax free money, they aint got no boss, and they makin alot more than they would workin at the ? grocery store.

You just proved my argument correct. Like I said, bring in jobs that people can live off of and they wont RESORT to drug dealing.
    The young generation is gettin into drugs and gangs because they have no male role models and are lookin up to ? on tv like rappers who are mainly on some ignorant ? ? .

Understandable, but if you are going to address that then you need to address these Sex and the City shows and people like Paris Hilton who are systematically destroying America as an entire nation. lol
    If you really think fixin the economy in Chicago will cease all this gang ? your out your ? mind, ? 12-16 years old aint doin ? because they payin bills they doin it because thats what they grew up seein other ? doin and they looked up to em. You dont see the parents on the news talkin about they cant understand why their kid chose that life?

In the case of those kids you need to take them completely out of the city and stick their ? on a farm where they HAVE to plow food to live, AWAY from all the negative influences around them.
    Not everything you say has to agree with the black man for us to respect you, you got a ? mind use it quit bein a yes man to irresponsible ? .

LOL @ Me being a yes man to black people.

Darcskies, do I agree with everything black people say?

Matter of fact go into the social lounge and read what I told that dude who defends drug dealing. The topic is "why are people mad at drug dealers"?
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    But hey whatever I guess right? Maybe Im really naive and dont know ? . lol

Lemme at least show you a video that cops themselves who have worked in the drug world for years say:
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    The problem with this line of thinking is what you just said and placed on the youth, Government and Corporate America have done the same thing. Are you going toadvocate they get dealt with

Yea the corporate people runnin this country need to get dealt with cause theyre out of control.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is a complete contradiction, either you do or you don't, there is no in between.
    You can be against violence and still see when a peaceful way wont work.

I see you ignored the part where I also said I've been around drug dealers. lol
    You said u were around dealers who are only doing it to be able to live, which is ? alot do it because they know its easier than a 9-5 and they work for no one.

You just proved my argument correct. Like I said, bring in jobs that people can live off of and they wont RESORT to drug dealing.
    So bringing jobs will stop all drug dealing smh, what about white kids who deal drugs when they have money and the ability to obtain jobs, are they also only doing it for the same reason?

Understandable, but if you are going to address that then you need to address these Sex and the City shows and people like Paris Hilton who are systematically destroying America as an entire nation. lol

If someone had a thread about it I would say the same ? in there, this is about Chicagos gang violence why should I go into them right now when we havent been able to get on the same page on this.

In the case of those kids you need to take them completely out of the city and stick their ? on a farm where they HAVE to plow food to live, AWAY from all the negative influences around them.

Or you could start a club for them to go with positive male influences or better yet, the ? fathers could man up n raise their ? kid.

LOL @ Me being a yes man to black people.

Darcskies, do I agree with everything black people say?

Matter of fact go into the social lounge and read what I told that dude who defends drug dealing. The topic is "why are people mad at drug dealers"?

If they are using the "woe is me" ? on replay your with us. You act as if blacks are the only people in America who face discrimination daily, even poor whites face the same ? , you think every black man who does something wrong is a victim of society, if a ? says "I ? and pitch packs cause aint no jobs" you agree without knowin him. Your the white version of ? who yell ? when someone disagrees that all whites arent evil and not all whites have to be mistrusted. You act like the white people who run around apologizing to blacks for ? they didnt have a part it in, like how I had a discussion about black education with you, you pretended all blacks had horrible oppurtunities at education because of it was a black school, yet you fail to realize there are just as many white schools goin through the same ? with old outdated books and teachers that dont give a ? .
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You can be against violence and still see when a peaceful way wont work.

I've already told you how to fix the problem, you just don't want to hear it.
    You said u were around dealers who are only doing it to be able to live, which is ? alot do it because they know its easier than a 9-5 and they work for no one.

And you know this how? Were you there when I asked my boy why he was involved with drugs? no you werent.
    So bringing jobs will stop all drug dealing smh, what about white kids who deal drugs when they have money and the ability to obtain jobs, are they also only doing it for the same reason?

My cousin was a white suburbanite drug dealer. He did it because his mom was a coke addict and didnt give a ? about him. Everyone in my family knows she ? up with him. And its also a proven fact that white drug dealers are treated differently by the criminal justice system AND SOCIETY than black drug dealers. Thats an indisputable fact.
    If someone had a thread about it I would say the same ? in there, this is about Chicagos gang violence why should I go into them right now when we havent been able to get on the same page on this.

Good point.
    Or you could start a club for them to go with positive male influences or better yet, the ? fathers could man up n raise their ? kid.

Another good point.

As a matter of fact I WORK at a boys and girls club, doing what you may ask? Steering kids away from lives of crime and poverty. Im not just someone who talks all day I put actions behind my words.
    If they are using the "woe is me" ? on replay your with us. You act as if blacks are the only people in America who face discrimination daily, even poor whites face the same ? , you think every black man who does something wrong is a victim of society, if a ? says "I ? and pitch packs cause aint no jobs" you agree without knowin him. Your the white version of ? who yell ? when someone disagrees that all whites arent evil and not all whites have to be mistrusted. You act like the white people who run around apologizing to blacks for ? they didnt have a part it in, like how I had a discussion about black education with you, you pretended all blacks had horrible oppurtunities at education because of it was a black school, yet you fail to realize there are just as many white schools goin through the same ? with old outdated books and teachers that dont give a ? .

I actually proved that institutionalized racism still affects America and how it does. You must have skipped over a lot of things I put down. I showed you the stats that proved that black males with 4 year college degrees were STILL getting passed up by whites with criminal records. You convienently ignored that part.

And are whites oppressed too? Sure, its called classism. But poor whites still have a sort of leg up compared to poor blacks. The facts prove it. blacks are stopped, harassed locked up and even killed by cops at much higher rates than whites.

As a matter of fact I remember a story where white cops saw a white bad guy come storming out of a trailer with a BB gun pointed at their heads and they didnt fire 1 shot. But a black people in New York City and New Orleans get killed just for pulling out their "9 millimeter wallets"? LMAO

I have just as much a right to criticize white institutionalized racism AS you have a right to criticize the black community.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh and by the way, I believe you said you were black and there are things I dont agree with you on...
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    listen i live in Camden, NJ.. if you dont know bout it- google it

lol man I posted some Camden pics in a "rep your hood" thread last year and ? was like Jawdrop.jpg
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh and by the way, I believe you said you were black and there are things I dont agree with you on...

I am black, i ment you tend to favor the woe is me ? , I dont ? with them they dont ? with me, Im considered a house ? cause I got a job n got out the ghetto.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

what do you mean? are you suggesting that there are no situations at all that must be handled through violence? yeah ok.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    people dont have the mental capacity to not run around killing each other and nothing else has been working then yea, bring someone with bigger guns and start killin til the ? stops
    Typical ignorant monkey ass ? comment. I hope somebody chokes with you your tail until you suffocate bo jangles.

Since when has prolonged military presence benefited this nation or the inhabitants of the occupied area? That's a rherical question cuz you're a stupid ? ? so you dont know. The answer would require some context of history and basic knowledge and common sense which you dont have so I'll answer for you: NEVER.

After the L.A. riots all the gang bangers were doing was saying, "It took the ? national guard to stop us ? we HARD!" Look at Iraq, Afghanistan and on a smaller scale Los Angeles. Biggest baddest military in the world vs. a bunch of ? in sandles and rocket launchers and the only thing that worked was a reformed police force and a COMMUNITY involvement. You stop violence by reforming the police departments to get more community cooperation and you improve educational opportunities and living conditions.
    I am black, i ment you tend to favor the woe is me ? , I dont ? with them they dont ? with me, Im considered a house ? cause I got a job n got out the ghetto.
    No you're considered a house ni99er because you're an ignorant loser that consistently says the dumbest ? in the world and doesnt realize how stupid it is because you lack basic reasoning skills and just plain common ? sense. And ? your job ? everybody got a job brag when you own a business chump ass ? . YOu said that like you cuttin checks and got mexicans on the payroll. ? u work for somebody just like most so SHUT.THE.? .UP.

You are so ? blind to the world. You need to get off the farm you live on and get your white washed head out your ass and learn something. You are truly pathetic and subhuman. It's one thing you're a house ni99er. So is Ether-i-Am but at least he can formulate a proper sentence. You just spew out the most ? ? ? and say it with conviction like it really made an ounce of ? sense. Seriously, ? yourself you're not on ANYBODYs level intellectually. There are dead child prostitutes smarter than you.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Typical ignorant monkey ass ? comment. I hope somebody chokes with you your tail until you suffocate bo jangles.

Since when has prolonged military presence benefited this nation or the inhabitants of the occupied area? That's a rherical question cuz you're a stupid ? ? so you dont know. The answer would require some context of history and basic knowledge and common sense which you dont have so I'll answer for you: NEVER.

After the L.A. riots all the gang bangers were doing was saying, "It took the ? national guard to stop us ? we HARD!" Look at Iraq, Afghanistan and on a smaller scale Los Angeles. Biggest baddest military in the world vs. a bunch of ? in sandles and rocket launchers and the only thing that worked was a reformed police force and a COMMUNITY involvement. You stop violence by reforming the police departments to get more community cooperation and you improve educational opportunities and living conditions.

No you're considered a house ni99er because you're an ignorant loser that consistently says the dumbest ? in the world and doesnt realize how stupid it is because you lack basic reasoning skills and just plain common ? sense. And ? your job ? everybody got a job brag when you own a business chump ass ? . YOu said that like you cuttin checks and got mexicans on the payroll. ? u work for somebody just like most so SHUT.THE.? .UP.

You are so ? blind to the world. You need to get off the farm you live on and get your white washed head out your ass and learn something. You are truly pathetic and subhuman. It's one thing you're a house ni99er. So is Ether-i-Am but at least he can formulate a proper sentence. You just spew out the most ? ? ? and say it with conviction like it really made an ounce of ? sense. Seriously, ? yourself you're not on ANYBODYs level intellectually. There are dead child prostitutes smarter than you.

Lol I do got my own business, and I own 4 houses I rent out, and I have a job on top of that ..... ? . ? outta here with your ?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis said he didn't think the National Guard was the best answer, noting that police focus on civilian law enforcement. "I appreciate their frustration and their willingness to help," he said after Fritchey and Ford's news conference. "But I am simply not sure the National Guard is the answer to our problems -- at least in terms of mass deployment. I'm frankly not sure what their mission would be."
    as terrible as Chicago and/or the CPD might be, this man is correct. the National Guard is really not the answer to a law enforcement problem.
    So how is that gun ban working out for you? lol... If I was a conspiracy man, I would say isn't it pretty coincidental that they first take the guns away from their citizens and are now bringing in a military like force to maintain order? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    you could go on to note that the mayor of Chicago wants to pair his gun ban(s) with his police officers having maximal body armor and fully-automatic carbines in their cars. huh.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    what do you mean? are you suggesting that there are no situations at all that must be handled through violence? yeah ok.

The only "violent" situation I can understand is self defense. And self defense is completely different than sending military into neighborhoods to "ethnically cleanse" them of criminals.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options

Actually I dont consider you that if thats worth anything. My best friend is extremely pro black and he also tells me that there are people within the black community that need to step up to the plate, build a strong black family and do everything possible to escape the problems of the hood by self reliance. And I would never think twice about calling him a "sellout", as a matter of fact he's openly stated "I CANT STAND WHITE PEOPLE" in rooms crowded full of white people. And I proceeded to burst into laughter.

But we also recognize that there is still a racial disparity, and that the system where we live at least, is extremely hard to become successful in. He told me once "my entire family grew up in the projects and we all went to college we didnt rob people or sell drugs, what the hood needs is for fathers to be in these kids lives, bottom line"

Which is very understandable, and can be applied to everyone including whites.

However I also see how there is still a disparity when it comes to blacks and whites regarding hiring practices, and the police. And we both agree 100% that racist ass employers who hate blacks or anyone who hates racists can and will do everything they can to prevent or fire someone from employment. Affirmative Action is simply something that looks good on paper and CAN BE CIRCUMVENTED. And the police DO harass blacks moreso, and more harshly than whites. He and I both agree on these terms.

But like I said, I speak on institutionalized racism and its affects on America as an entirety, because black america IS AMERICA. But I always make sure to stay in place and not comment as if I were black myself. Its a very interesting position Im in. lol
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Chozen One, the basic bottom line of this is that military intervention is not going to work, if you would have told me, "we need to build strong positive family structures for these kids" then I woulda agreed with you. But I do not agree with you that we need to just start murking people. lol because you would probably have to murk everyone in the world to gain world peace. lol
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    After the L.A. riots all the gang bangers were doing was saying, "It took the ? national guard to stop us ? we HARD!"

Which is what people said in New Orleans, DC and now Chicago... lol
    Biggest baddest military in the world vs. a bunch of ? in sandles and rocket launchers

I LOL'd ...especially the sandles part, thats some funny ? .
    You stop violence by reforming the police departments to get more community cooperation and you improve educational opportunities and living conditions.

Did you know the crime in LA went down a LOT right after the riots to about 1995? I believe the police presence was even lighter as well....