School me on Basic Training.............

Options

Comments

• okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? I put on E-6 1 May!
  • BiggMike
    BiggMike Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Naw, no more bike tests...LOL. The Air Force actually now have the hardest PT test of all of the branches.

1.5 mile run = 50 pts
    28 inch waist for men = 30 pts
    60 push ups = 10 pts
    60 situps = 10 pts

You have to get 75 pts to pass and you have to pass all four areas as well.

Went to basic in Aug 2003. It was 6 weeks then. Now from what I understand its like 8 - 9 weeks. It was pretty simple though, you have to get used to the routine. Like someone else said, you should try not to get noticed, but do your best at everything still. I went like 5 weeks without getting noticed, then got reamed for not wearing the ? BCG's (birth control glasses). I learned that most of it consist of marching to and from destinations, that was the worst, especially in San Antonio heat. Other than that, respect the Drill instructor, do everything that is asked, dont ? about stuff, and you'll be fine. And dont try to get desert in the first few weeks. Thats a big mistake. Had one cat in our flight get cookies while we were at lunch, right after lunch, whole flight doing push ups for like 45 minutes.
  • okaay
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BiggMike wrote: »
    Naw, no more bike tests...LOL. The Air Force actually now have the hardest PT test of all of the branches.

1.5 mile run = 50 pts
    60 push ups = 10 pts
    60 situps = 10 pts

Went to basic in Aug 2003. It was 6 weeks then. Now from what I understand its like 8 - 9 weeks. It was pretty simple though, you have to get used to the routine. Like someone else said, you should try not to get noticed, but do your best at everything still. I went like 5 weeks without getting noticed, then got reamed for not wearing the ? BCG's (birth control glasses). I learned that most of it consist of marching to and from destinations, that was the worst, especially in San Antonio heat. Other than that, respect the Drill instructor, do everything that is asked, dont ? about stuff, and you'll be fine. And dont try to get desert in the first few weeks. Thats a big mistake. Had one cat in our flight get cookies while we were at lunch, right after lunch, whole flight doing push ups for like 45 minutes.

The waist is 32.
  • BiggMike
    edited April 2010
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    The waist is 32.

yeah, I couldn't remember. I guessed on them...lol.
  • lord hade
    lord hade Members Posts: 260
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And don't try to get desert in the first few weeks. That's a big mistake. Had one cat in our flight get cookies while we were at lunch, right after lunch, whole flight doing push ups for like 45 minutes.

This is no Bullshyt!!!!! After our second PT test, the whole platoon passed. One phucka decides to reward himself with a doughnut!!!!! We were doing gorilla drills for an hour and push ups on 120 degree asphalt.
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Could ya'll elaborate on "Don't stand out".....some stories about tha specific topic.....
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

1.5 mile run = 50 pts
    60 push ups = 10 pts
    60 situps = 10 pts

Well...ain't that some ? .

But then again, I heard the AF has been on ? for awhile in order to keep their numbers from inflating since ? was joining by the busload to avoid the war.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    When I was at Ft. Gordon, it was days when the air force cadre rode bikes. We would be mad as hell runnin around a sandy ass track and look over to see them fools breezin by on mt. bikes

but we got our payback when they would march...no air force cadences on an army base ftw. Those cats would look like zombies marchin in complete silence

Barton Field was horribly long. That ? sucked.

TRADOC was nothing compared to regular military though.
  • BiggMike
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well...ain't that some ? .

lol...seriously, its gotten that tough. Got ? getting discharged cuz that can't pass a PT test.

[QUOTE=But then again, I heard the AF has been on ? for awhile in order to keep their numbers from inflating since ? was joining by the busload to avoid the war.[/QUOTE]

Yep...they keep trying to find ways to get rid of people. But, that's because the Air Force is one of the most sought after branches of the military to join. Hell, I know when I seperated, our career field was overmanned by almost 15 percent. One of the reasons why I seperated. Had all 5 EPR's and one 4 EPR and still would of had to cross train. But I figured I can make more money outside of the military rather than cross train to some field I did not want to be in.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yea our pt test sucks now.. Its jus a bunch of politics.. The AF is chill after basic n tech school

But T/S you prolly aint gone much or pt a. Hell of a lot cuz its always gone be "black flag" ( u will find out in basic what that means) but since u doin the 8 week trainin say good bye 2 sleep and good showers 4 2 months.. And eatin 2.. And if u on the bus goin 2 wilford hall or goin 2 reid don't listen 2 60% of what people that's been in less then 7 weeks say.. They will act like they kno the AF like they finna retire in 3 days.. Also after basic n tech school any body under a master sgt (e-7) aint ? .. The staff sgt in basic n tech school make e-5 look like its SO much rank and when u get operational u can prolly smash a staff if she a runner.. And HOPE TO ? you get a "sister flight" that will be the only estragen u will be around 4 that time.. And if u ever heard of beer goggles u get that ? BAD by week 3.. Fantasia will look like megan good by week 3 lol..
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TANGLUNG wrote: »

I love running on Barton Field. The only thing I hate about it is after it rains puddle was everywhere. Too bad I am not stationed on Ft Gordon. NAS ATL had the best track. I ran that joint in the dead of winter.
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TANGLUNG wrote: »

maaaan that ? track gave me severe shin splints like you wouldnt believe...I hate that field. just thinkin about it makes my head hurt.
  • BiggMike
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yea our pt test sucks now.. Its jus a bunch of politics.. The AF is chill after basic n tech school

But T/S you prolly aint gone much or pt a. Hell of a lot cuz its always gone be "black flag" ( u will find out in basic what that means) but since u doin the 8 week trainin say good bye 2 sleep and good showers 4 2 months.. And eatin 2.. And if u on the bus goin 2 wilford hall or goin 2 reid don't listen 2 60% of what people that's been in less then 7 weeks say.. They will act like they kno the AF like they finna retire in 3 days.. Also after basic n tech school any body under a master sgt (e-7) aint ? .. The staff sgt in basic n tech school make e-5 look like its SO much rank and when u get operational u can prolly smash a staff if she a runner.. And HOPE TO ? you get a "sister flight" that will be the only estragen u will be around 4 that time.. And if u ever heard of beer goggles u get that ? BAD by week 3.. Fantasia will look like megan good by week 3 lol..

Real talk.

At the bolded...truest ? ever wrote.
  • BiggMike
    edited April 2010
    Options
    goat334 wrote: »
    Could ya'll elaborate on "Don't stand out".....some stories about tha specific topic.....

When I say don't stand out, I meant dont be trying to run ? while you there. Shut up and color is what they used to say...If they dont approach you, then keep doing you. If you out there trying to be seen, you will and sooner or later, it will backfire.

This one cat in our flight use to talk mad ? the entire time we were in basic, sure enough by week 6 this ? was bout to get "recycled" back to week 5 for fighting. In our last week...

Also, if you stand out too much, you will get "volunteered" to do ? . They make you as the latrine queen for talkin bout how good you is at cleaning.
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    When I say don't stand out, I meant dont be trying to run ? while you there. Shut up and color is what they used to say...If they dont approach you, then keep doing you. If you out there trying to be seen, you will and sooner or later, it will backfire.

This one cat in our flight use to talk mad ? the entire time we were in basic, sure enough by week 6 this ? was bout to get "recycled" back to week 5 for fighting. In our last week...

Also, if you stand out too much, you will get "volunteered" to do ? . They make you as the latrine queen for talkin bout how good you is at cleaning.

Oh ok cool......wanted to join the Airforce back in 98, but I ? up my back in December of 97
  • okaay
    edited April 2010
    Options
    But then again, I heard the AF has been on ? for awhile in order to keep their numbers from inflating since ? was joining by the busload to avoid the war.[/QUOTE]

LMAO
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol i forgot about not getting cake and pie lol. I was too worried about the mosquito juice. reading over the thread brings back alot of memories.

the weight gain part. i was 130 and shot up to 160 in those 6 weeks. u gotta eat what you take. a burger and fries twice a day will do it.
    not standing out. I couldnt help it. i was the chowrunner. and guess what? i still dont know how to make a bed or fold a shirt to one inch lol. but i was never scared of T.I's.
    Sister flight. aww yeah. We had 2 brother flights and a sister flight in the 331st. all them girls looked like tyra banks. but in reality, nothin but 50 whoopie goldbergs.
    marching everywhere. i aint never seen a 4 foot tall rabbit until i was in texas. and the rabbits be 4ft while sitting on their butts.
  • BiggMike
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol i forgot about not getting cake and pie lol. I was too worried about the mosquito juice. reading over the thread brings back alot of memories.

the weight gain part. i was 130 and shot up to 160 in those 6 weeks. u gotta eat what you take. a burger and fries twice a day will do it.
    not standing out. I couldnt help it. i was the chowrunner. and guess what? i still dont know how to make a bed or fold a shirt to one inch lol. but i was never scared of T.I's.
    Sister flight. aww yeah. We had 2 brother flights and a sister flight in the 331st. all them girls looked like tyra banks. but in reality, nothin but 50 whoopie goldbergs.
    marching everywhere. i aint never seen a 4 foot tall rabbit until i was in texas. and the rabbits be 4ft while sitting on their butts.

Sister flights FTW

331st Wolfpack
  • okaay
    edited April 2010
    Options

331!!!!!!!!!!!! (wolfpack)
    deathrow for the old heads.
  • okaay
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn is this a 331st reunion!
  • BiggMike
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LOL...everybody knows 331st was the ? .
  • Lege|\|dary
    Lege|\|dary Members Posts: 474 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My friend told me about the trust test

Its the test to help you gain trust with you gas mask

That ? sounded terrible, I remember one of my managers coming back from basic showing us a video of people coming outta the gas chamber

? was hilarious, people coughing with drool and snot hanging out their nose, but at the same time.. I was like man that ? looks horrible
  • BiggMike
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Here's a link to all basic training flight photos, if any one ever wants to look up their old Air Force Flight picture.

http://www.bmtflightphotos.af.mil/photoindex.asp

Mine was in the 2000, under 2003 photos, in the October section, 331 Flt 744...3rd ? from the right...lol...had the big ass BCG's on.
  • BiggMike
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh yeah, links safe...

.mil will never have bad links...I think.
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    331st WOLFPACK? Hell, back in my day that ? was called "DISNEYLAND." it was the biggest oxymoron of sarcasm ive ever came across. (that sentence didnt make sense but it would if u were THERE.)