how do the women of the IC feel about females taking advantage of divorce laws?

Options
Mdizzle9000
Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Powder Room
i want some female opinions on this. do you think what women like kelis and shaunie oneal are wrong? do you think "hey they gettin paid ? the ? " or what? would you do the same to a man with money?

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well I cant be mad at them if the laws are set that way, why not screw over a dude you dont like anymore.
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol this cat has made like four spinoffs off that bus seat thread
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    lol ? gettin a lotta mileage off that ?
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how about you give the specifics of each woman and what they're "doing" to their ex-men.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think people in general need to be smarter about the business decisions they make. Marriage is a business. Love is an emotion. Just because you are in love, doesn't mean you should approach marriage like it is an emotional deal. A man with money should be smart enough to make sure he gets a prenup for things that may happen of this nature.

I don't think the money the courts are awarding these chicks is necessary, for the reasons they make it out to be. 20k a month for child support? Way too damn much. 15k for alimony every month? Come on now. But, I'm not mad at the ladies. They knew what they were doing....the men should have been smarter.

It goes both ways though...like Monique havin to pay out the ass for alimony to her ex hubby.....shoulda signed a damn prenup.
  • Neva_Change
    Neva_Change Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This will be interesting.
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited April 2010
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »

lol actually loo and usmarine made spinoffs too
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Well I cant be mad at them if the laws are set that way, why not screw over a dude you dont like anymore.

no sense of right or wrong...

Just like how you mod...
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn another Nas lost thread....
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think people in general need to be smarter about the business decisions they make. Marriage is a business. Love is an emotion. Just because you are in love, doesn't mean you should approach marriage like it is an emotional deal. A man with money should be smart enough to make sure he gets a prenup for things that may happen of this nature.

I don't think the money the courts are awarding these chicks is necessary, for the reasons they make it out to be. 20k a month for child support? Way too damn much. 15k for alimony every month? Come on now. But, I'm not mad at the ladies. They knew what they were doing....the men should have been smarter.

It goes both ways though...like Monique havin to pay out the ass for alimony to her ex hubby.....shoulda signed a damn prenup.
    damn I have nothing else to say.............
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think in general folks should be smarter about the people they choose to have kids with and marry

Also they should do a better job of protecting their assests
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

Just like how you mod...

I like the sneak diss. Not that I am saying it's right but these laws make it favorable for people who were not as well off as their partner to come up, so taking advantage (although morally wrong) is just how it is.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

Just like how you mod ...

lol................
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited April 2010
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    how about you give the specifics of each woman and what they're "doing" to their ex-men.

you see whats going on in the news. nas n kelis, shaq and shaunie, tiger and watshername, use those as examples
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you see whats going on in the news. nas n kelis, shaq and shaunie, tiger and watshername, use those as examples

Nas and Kelis broke up while she was pregnant. Who knows why, but she went to court and they awarded her a bunch of money. He ? up as usual cause his ? knows nothing about business.

Shaq cheated on Shaunie trillians of times, got busted and outted online about 3 diff chicks, etc etc the list goes on. She was with him for umpteen years, had a bunch of kids by him. They broke up and she got what the courts awarded her. I honestly dont see any problem with their situation.

TIGER cheated on his wife with who knows how many women. Embarrassed her in front of the whole entire world. Whats the problem?
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nas and Kelis broke up while she was pregnant. Who knows why, but she went to court and they awarded her a bunch of money. He ? up as usual cause his ? knows nothing about business.

Shaq cheated on Shaunie trillians of times, got busted and outted online about 3 diff chicks, etc etc the list goes on. She was with him for umpteen years, had a bunch of kids by him. They broke up and she got what the courts awarded her. I honestly dont see any problem with their situation.

TIGER cheated on his wife with who knows how many women. Embarrassed her in front of the whole entire world. Whats the problem?

so the women deserve the money they had no part in making. tigers wife trained him on the green or what?
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so the women deserve the money they had no part in making. tigers wife trained him on the green or what?

I can type a bunch to dispute that whole thing u just said...but I have something even better for you.....

Those men CHOSE to let these women have a part of their money. If I leave my front door open, I better be prepared for someone to walk in and steal my ? .
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

[But, I'm not mad at the ladies. They knew what they were doing....the men should have been smarter]

That statement right there is what gets alot of men upset. Women be the main ones CRYING, BEGGING & PLEADING to Men to get married cuz most men could care less about marriage if women didnt enforce it....so we give in to women most of the time to shut their ass up & then when things go sour....INSTEAD OF WALKING AWAY LIKE CIVILIZED ADULTS.......women wanna go for a ? neck in divorce court & to justify that kinda foul spitefulness....yall say well...yall shouldve been smarter & not got married.

Really??? LOL. SMH.

If yall gonna honest & say Men shouldnt cheat & violate the sanctity of their marriage....be honest enough to say that Women have been getting over in Divorce Court.......HARDBODY......so much that even if a man doesnt cheat on his wife & just wants to get divorced, he has to mortgage off his entire future. And yall wanna talk about Equality....smh. Miss me with that ? .
  • Soulljah
    Soulljah Banned Users Posts: 378
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Delicious...or w.e. the hell your name is...

The only reason people feel they need to get prenups is because they don't trust their partner that one, the marriage could not work, and two, that their partner could cheat them out their stuff. People get into marriages for the wrong reasons. Marriage is NOT a business. Golddiggers and sugar daddies and cheating ? who are only in it for money or ? make it seem like it's a business, but if you get to know the person youre with first, if you trust them and love them and have a great chemistry and friendship, you know whether or not you trust em or if you wanna be with them. Marriage should be between two people who love each other and will work like hell to keep it, it's also between ? . If you go into it with the right person for the right reasons you won't have to feel like you NEED a prenup or that it's "a business". People make marriages a joke nowadays, you gonna fall into that trap? I know that If I consider marriage, I'm gonna think long and hard about it beforehand, because If I get married, I'm not tryna get a divorce....I don't believe it's for ME. You need to think deep before you leap and not become a joke statistic.

Saddest thing I've heard all day. ? .
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The laws in this CUNTRY will never be in men's favor. Our society has placed ? on a pedestal, extricating women of personal accountability...........
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

So you signing the prenup when you find your future hubby.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

So you signing the prenup when you find your future hubby?
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited May 2010
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    So you signing the prenup when you find your future hubby.

Of course. I got ? that I don't want his ass having.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Soulljah wrote: »

The only reason people feel they need to get prenups is because they don't trust their partner that one, the marriage could not work, and two, that their partner could cheat them out their stuff. People get into marriages for the wrong reasons. Marriage is NOT a business. Golddiggers and sugar daddies and cheating ? who are only in it for money or ? make it seem like it's a business, but if you get to know the person youre with first, if you trust them and love them and have a great chemistry and friendship, you know whether or not you trust em or if you wanna be with them. Marriage should be between two people who love each other and will work like hell to keep it, it's also between ? . If you go into it with the right person for the right reasons you won't have to feel like you NEED a prenup or that it's "a business". People make marriages a joke nowadays, you gonna fall into that trap? I know that If I consider marriage, I'm gonna think long and hard about it beforehand, because If I get married, I'm not tryna get a divorce....I don't believe it's for ME. You need to think deep before you leap and not become a joke statistic.

It's not hard to spell my name correctly, since it is in this thread several times. My name is DEE-LICIOUS. All that other ? was unnecessary.

And marriage is a business contract. You sign a certificate saying you absorb all legal responsibilities of the other person and will be legally responsible for them till death do you part. If you do not want to deal with the business side of marriage, you would just go to a church and get married in front of the priest and not actually get a certificate or any of that stuff.

People who get married and do not think about the legal ramifications of the union, are the ones who always get ? over in court if the marriage dissolves. It's lovely to be in love, but you can't be oblivious to the legal responsibilities of marriage.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Soulljah wrote: »

no, Dee is right, marriage is a business "in western society," i.e Europe, Canada, U.S. & Australia. if u a man and u gonna get married, look at it from a business standpoint. because women have the right to ? u over, just like any other business. and many men have trouble being in a stable relationship.

in the non western world, marriage is culture 1st, and then business. in addition, a foundation of love & loyalty between the sexes is built on early in life.