When your S/O is broke...

Options
opiie562
opiie562 Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
edited September 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
My girl is pretty much always broke. She has a $550 car payment every month, which is ? idiotic, and is thousands of dollars in debt with her credit cards. She works for a school, gets paid only once a month. Huge chunk of her check goes to her car payment. ? didn't really bother me that much in the beggining of the relationship, and i notice that she tries to pay when she can (ex. movies, dinner), but i'm starting to get fed up always having to pay, or her not able to bring me any lunch because she doesnt have $6.

I don't know how to approach her without coming off as a ? or what not.............

Comments

• King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    she needs to get rid of that car hommie...and buy a bucket. Cash money.

and get her priorities straight.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "Broke ? I don't waste time pursuin em, I like my chicks speedy bag mini cooperin KarmaLoop'in ? "
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ? step to her straight up. Talking about money doesn't make you a ? head it makes you responsible. Money is right there with sex when it comes to a relationship. 550 a month on a car note? I'm sure you can probably add in a extra 100 a month for insurance. Just don't come at her like hey you gotta do this and that. Just tell her you want to help her become more financially responsible. and that you are over stressing b/c of the money. Teachers make good ass money in DC
  • Nobodyz Shadow
    Nobodyz Shadow Members Posts: 134
    edited September 2011
    Options
    2nd sentence just sounds like she has NO budgeting skills. Either you gonna have to help her straighten that out & educate or show her the door.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Anyway you come at her you are going to come off as a ? , so you might as well be straight up with her.
  • opiie562
    edited September 2011
    Options
    let me re-phrase. she works for a elementary school but is not a teacher. she's just an aide or tutor (not sure what the official title is). It ain't much she's getting. we don't live together by the way, i'm 21 she's 22. and $550 is w/ insurance already.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wtf she driving anyway? def sounds like she doesnt have the salary to match. did she get laid off or something and could only get a teaching job?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Only a few things worse than a chick that act stupid with money.

If you plan on marrying this chick in the future, it's wise to go ahead and get things straight now. Otherwise you'll be carrying dead weight that'll get heavier and heavier.
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if she's your girl,then why complain
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm not that bad, but I'm broke more often than he is..

Help her budget..if she resists then there's your answer.
  • opiie562
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wtf she driving anyway? def sounds like she doesnt have the salary to match. did she get laid off or something and could only get a teaching job?

2010 Toyota Camry. When she got the car last year, she had two jobs and that financial aid money coming in, so I'm assuming she was good for the first few months. Well her little part time job fired her (sales job), and she didn't go to school for a semester or two. When I met her was probably a month or two after she was fired from the second job, me having a 98 Civic at the time, ? i thought she was doing good for herself and made me feel like i need to step up.

it's a really nice car by the way, but that ? ain't worth it. I would suggest things on how to save some money and be smart with it, maybe getting another job with more hours (she works 8-230 Mon-Fri). But she would get upset and she's studying to become a teacher, she feels that the job she has now will help her in the future.

Also, she's a year and a half in for paying that car and does not think it's worth getting rid of
  • Jemadore
    Jemadore Members Posts: 199
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Help her manage her money...or move on...

You knew it from the beginning so you had a choice to stop dealing with her...
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    She need to sell that car back to the dealer and grab something cheap like a 97 honda or something that she can pay off and not have any payments leftover. As a female she probably got blindsided and ? over by the dealer when she brought that car anyway. It woulda been smart if she dropped her fiancial aid money as a down payment for the camry, so her monthly payments would have been cheaper. Don't break up with her though, imagine if the roles were reversed.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    I never gave a ? about a ? finances...
    if I got it, we all got it...

Ballin.......
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if she aint out there cheating and doing the right thing by me i wouldnt give a damn

ill love her richer or poorer
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Drop that hoe, I'm kidding but it's obvious she ain't making the smartest decisions.

Hope at least the ? is good or the head game is phenomenal.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wifin' broke ? is a no no.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This your girl and it's obvious you got feelings for the chic through the tone of your posts so it boils down to a few factors, causes, and effects.

1. What is she like beyond the money? If she keep it solid and hold you down in every other way, then in your situation it may be workable IF and ONLY IF you direct the chic in the right direction by words, a plan, and yourself as an example. This will only work if she open minded and trusts you completely. If she don't then you fightin a losing battle cuz she in love with her vice (spending) more than you. You can't come at most broads all super logical, cuz all she gon hear is you calling her stupid (yeah, ? i know) so she gon dig in, in defense. You gotta create a good ass feeling (like go to the beach, chill, ? , all that other ? ) then, bring it up about "a plan you got". How y'all could "build so much more if......"

2. depends on #1. Check it. If that ? don't work and she too hardheaded to follow your lead in trying to help the chic save herself, then she a liability on your life. Think about this ? long-term like (since you sound deep in it). If you can't help the chic save herself then if "you and her" become "you", then that's not only your problem, it's gonna be your responsibility. This is serious ? , cuz you a better man than me cuz I keep my broad fly and without worries, BUT that's only after the show and prove is proven and I know 1. She down solid, 2. She follow my lead, 3. She did ? to show she trust me above all ? (even her parents).
    But if you can't get through to her to correct that ? that's going on now then you ain't the one she gon listen too. I'm not dissin you by saying that. I'm just saying that every combination don't fit, but when you get the broad that's for you then the ? gon fall in place. Real ? . Just think on it.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Tell her to manage her money better, get another job or a high paying one.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »

• Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
  • Pusskaveli
    Pusskaveli Members Posts: 1,562
    edited September 2011
    Options
    $550........Sheesh
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Jemadore wrote: »
    Help her manage her money...or move on...

You knew it from the beginning so you had a choice to stop dealing with her...

nah, he didn't know it from the beginning, he been said he didn't...smh
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    that ? only work when y'all are both broke