Romo>>>>>>>>Vick

Options
dbrazil412
dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
as a quarterback

this has been thrown around over the last few days...mostly cause vick has been crying about being hit and now he's injured, meanwhile romo is playing through a broken rib. 'but vick>>>>>romo'

okay so we know romo is tougher than vick. i argue that he's clearly a better quarterback as well

before we get to the numbers...lets check out the wins

regular season win percentage for vick = .580 (47-34)
regular season win percentage for romo= .630 (41-24)

playoffs...where you'd think vick would have the huge advantage...if ofcourse you go by some our fellow CS posters

vick 2-3

romo 1-3

huge difference, i know..

now for the numbers

vick's career passing numbers: 55.4% comp; 15,214 yards; 97 TD's; 60 INT's; 80.4 rating

romo's career passing numbers: 64.0% comp; 17,592 yards; 122 TD's; 64 INT's; 95.5 rating (4th all time)

vick's higest best season as a qb came last year when he set career highs in comp % (62.6) yards (3018), passing td's (21), and rating (100.2)

while romo's highest rating for a season falls short of vicks 100.2, his highest during his career is 97.6, set in 2009. he's also thrown over 4000 yards twice in his career, with a high of 4483 set in 2007.

some might argue that you have to include what vick does in the running game as well, because thats part of HIS game. okay.

vick's total yards = 19,997; TD's 130
romo's total yards =18,113 TD's 125

with running, you also are prone to fumbles. whether you're scrambling to make something happen with your arm, or legs. fumble's a fumble right??

vick fumbles(lost) 73(33)
romo fumbles(lost) 41(17)

turnovers are a huge part of the game...some think romo is more turnover prone than others.

romo's combined turnovers =81
vick's combined turnovers = 93

we can also talk about the clutch gene. alot has been made of romo's botched snap against seattle in the playoffs..int on the last possesion against the giants in the playoffs...or even most recently with his late fumble/interception against the jets.

but what about vick...what about that interception last year against green bay to end the game?? what about while he was with atlanta, and lost to the eagles, due mostly to his 11-24 performance, 1INT??

look both qb's have had their struggles in the playoffs, and both qb's also have had great regular seasons. however, if you look at the stats i just posted, you tell me whos the better quarterback

Comments

• Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yall cowboys feelin yallselves now huh
  • Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Has romo done anything in the playoffs besides choke?
  • dbrazil412
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Has romo done anything in the playoffs besides choke?

has vick??
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    1272938115936.jpg

Vick is Dynamic yes but he is overrated
  • dbrazil412
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yall cowboys feelin yallselves now huh

not as much as yall were last week...oops
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This Gon' B Good.....
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    has vick??

3 trips to the NFCC. 3 more than romo
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol can someone please post the "romo down" pic for my viewing pleasure
  • dbrazil412
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »

3? are you sure?? and umm...how many rings he got?
  • dbrazil412
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol can someone please post the "romo down" pic for my viewing pleasure

lol i'm sure its only a matter of time
  • Mrslim1
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »

So U just gonna lie to try to make your point huh ?
  • dbrazil412
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol at vick only having 2 career playoff wins, and 3 nfc championship appearences
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    no . until Romo leads his team to the nfc title game he has no argument... he has to overcome the botched snaps and turnovers...
  • b*braze
    edited September 2011
    Options
    3? are you sure?? and umm...how many rings he got?
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    So U just gonna lie to try to make your point huh ?

my fault... 2 was divisionals. 1 nfccg. still more than romo id add
  • Mrslim1
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As a Cowboys fan , I know that Romo has a interception button in his back that can be activated at anytime , however since he has been the Cowboys starter for the a full season we have always have had a top 5 offense . Vick when he was in ATL was a below average QB. His number 1 receiver was Crumpler , with Roddy White on the team . As soon as he left White became a top 5 dude . Vick is just average as a QB . Dynamic at the position because of his speed and running . But as a whole he is just average . Kyle Orton is a better pure QB than Vick
  • aneed123
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As a Cowboys fan , I know that Romo has a interception button in his back that can be activated at anytime , however since he has been the Cowboys starter for the a full season we have always have had a top 5 offense . Vick when he was in ATL was a below average QB. His number 1 receiver was Crumpler , with Roddy White on the team . As soon as he left White became a top 5 dude . Vick is just average as a QB . Dynamic at the position because of his speed and running . But as a whole he is just average . Kyle Orton is a better pure QB than Vick

so ur going off of numbers/stats... Vick as a rusher better that Romo. Vick is clutcher than Romo. He beat Green Bay in the plays offs.... U can use all the passing stats but at the end of the day Ill take Vick over the so called better pure qb who is going to nut up and give the game away
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

Uneducated sports fan post
  • beezy f baby
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • dbrazil412
    edited September 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    no . until Romo leads his team to the nfc title game he has no argument... he has to overcome the botched snaps and turnovers...

he has no arguement?

honestly, if you dont atleast make it to the superbowl, your season is a disappointment. most teams would say not winning it would mean your season was a disappointment. so vicks better than romo cause he got to the nfc title game, and romo only has managed births to the divisonal round
  • aneed123
    edited September 2011
    Options
    also I hate how White and teh rest of the ATL wrs get a pass for dropping all those passes.... Vick had to rely of a te in Crumpler and Finnernan
  • b*braze
    edited September 2011
    Options
    5p21de.jpg

romo-hurt.jpg
  • aneed123
    edited September 2011
    Options
    he has no arguement?

honestly, if you dont atleast make it to the superbowl, your season is a disappointment. most teams would say not winning it would mean your season was a disappointment. so vicks better than romo cause he got to the nfc title game, and romo only has managed births to the divisonal round

pretty much.. esp how folk like to use the winner argument to boost up certain guys... Ima do it for Vick.
  • beezy f baby
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lmao i knew someone would hook up the other angle
  • Mrslim1
    edited September 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    so ur going off of numbers/stats... Vick as a rusher better that Romo. Vick is clutcher than Romo. He beat Green Bay in the plays offs.... U can use all the passing stats but at the end of the day Ill take Vick over the so called better pure qb who is going to nut up and give the game away

Hey I am with u with Romo having the Lebron James syndrome . Not so sure about him being more clutch . Cause they both havent won ? . Also Vick has a prob with saying healthy and available for his team for a whole game let alone a whole season . Yes QB's get hurt but Vick is more prone to get hurt than all other . He better get up with Grandonson and learn how to slide
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol yes ya continue to be mad at each other... G-Men focusing on healing and the chip
This discussion has been closed.