What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

I Think jcole got potential but...

GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambersHarlemPosts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Reason
His punchlines suckass ....Discuss

Replies

• idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    recycled topic
    Fav Rappers No order:

Schoolboy Q
    Joey Bada$$
    J. Cole
    Ab-Soul
    Lupe Fiasco
    Kendrick Lamar
    Chance The Rapper
    Big K.R.I.T.
  • TrueGodHSTrueGodHS Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Punchlines are a tad lame
    NEW SOUNDCLOUD/SOUL REVIVAL 2 COMING SOON

https://soundcloud.com/truegodimmortal

Soul REvival 2 drops October 1st, 2013

Piece of Me(Soul REvival 2)

Crown The Champion(Soul REvival 2)

www.twitter.com/TrueGodImmortal
    www.youtube.com/TrueGodTubeTV
    www.blogtalkradio.com/wrestlingheelsradio
    www.truegodimmortal.blogspot.com
    www.wrestlingheels.com
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    Punchlines are a tad lame

Last time i checked punches/metaphors are a important part of hip-hop/rap
  • stealthbomberstealthbomber Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    gtfoh with these cole world hate threads. and punchlines are for uncreative rapper that cant think deeper than "lifes a bitch and im holding the leash"
  • stealthbomberstealthbomber Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011

unfortunately they are, but so is lil b, kreayshawn and rick ross so what can be taken seriously in hip hop anymore
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    his punchlines have been a hit or a miss on a few occasions but he isn't completely terrible. i'd rather have a complete and structured song than a song full of meaningless punchlines, word to Wayne.
    12715221_1544933472501286_6918897634016329581_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9fa1452681ccbeedd4b6da85510815bf&oe=576D10DE
  • birdcallavelibirdcallaveli Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    gtfoh with these cole world hate threads. and punchlines are for uncreative rapper that cant think deeper than "lifes a bitch and im holding the leash"

word, fuck these bitch ass niggas that think they are the shit but cant out fart j cole!
  • checkmate3checkmate3 Posts: 90
    edited September 2011
    I think JCole has finally arrived.......album out 250 thou projected to sell.....being hated on to no end on the IC=success.
  • Craig RobinsonCraig Robinson Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Can T/S outfart him though?
    tumblr_ly7t8zXjEG1qeknrqo1_500.jpg
  • BobOblahBobOblah Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Can T/S outfart him though?

lol............
    edited September 2011
    Cole wordplay is nice. He always had me hitting the rewind button on his mixtapes. I dont know why some of that got replaced by dumb punchlines on the album. Album is dope, but the lame punchlines are a weakness. There aren't all that many though.
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011

its not even a hate thread i just said his punchlines are wack why so serious? you act like i said he waits tables at the 40/40 for jay-z verses or something, @craig robison im lactose and tolerate give me some cheese and some i cream im out farting homer Simpson and petter griffin
    edited September 2011
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Cole wordplay is nice. He always had me hitting the rewind button on his mixtapes. I dont know why some of that got replaced by dumb punchlines on the album. Album is dope, but the lame punchlines are a weakness. There aren't all that many though.

he does use them regularly but its like everything else is soo good how do write down these weaksauce punches.
    edited September 2011
    that "outfart me" line took away from what was otherwise a flawless intro and opening track
  • MAKAVELI25MAKAVELI25 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    BobOblah wrote: »
    that "outfart me" line took away from what was otherwise a flawless intro and opening track

Agreed, Smh @ 26 year old Cole releasing lines I would have shook my head at when I was 10. Nigga might need to quit with the punchlines period.
  • EmbezzelJayREmbezzelJayR Posts: 1,052
    edited September 2011
    I bought IT! COLE WORLD.
  • runningwolf1980runningwolf1980 Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011

only if your a PUNCHLINE rapper