How Much Do You Spend On Your Car Per Month?

Options
YC11
YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in Let Me Ride
With gas, insurance, maintenance, detailing, etc, all combined?

I know it all varies but I'm curious as to how much depending on age, and type of car people drive.

Comments

• YC11
    Options
    Damn has this thread been done to death? Must be.

Anyway its 2014 now, reupping lol.
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Around $200 - 95 Impala SS. Unleaded gas and because its a older car, the insurance is cheap af
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    about $350, most of it is gas
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $60 per week for gas. I drive 15 miles to work and 15 miles back home.
    It's cold right now so I don't wash it but once a month so about $10 a month in the winter. $10 a week in the summer.
    So around $280 a month depending on the season.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like I'm averaging around $215 for gas every month
    4kJOGPBl.jpg
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I get sick thinking about it....
  • YC11
    Options
    Not bad at all to me. I'd be happy if I could pay that little in the future. Since I got my licence real late and never drove much, top it off with accidents and whatnot, my insurance is ridiculous. By the time I get my first car though, my insurance would've gone back down, but still, especially with the car that I wanna get... ? , I would easily double whatever you guys are paying now most likely, if not more.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    I don't see how most are paying so little with insurance+gas+detailing

Mine=

$110 (full coverage+ insurance)
    $280 (premium gas)
    $20 (detailing supplies)

so thats a little over $400 and thats not even including the car note.......I should go run this thing into a wall and use the insurance money and pay cash for a car lol.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mine=

$280 (premium gas)
    $20 (detailing supplies)

so thats a little over $400 and thats not even including the car note.......I should go run this thing into a wall and use the insurance money and pay cash for a car lol.
    What car?
  • wilberdmillz
    Options

Mine=

$280 (premium gas)
    $20 (detailing supplies)

What car?

Charger SRT8
  • YC11
    Options
    You pay little in my mind. Insurance alone runs some people 500-600 per month.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    103 for insurance
    365 for car payments
    150 on gas

618$
  • _Menace_
    Options
    I get free detailing all i gotta do is have my cousin pick the car up and take it to the dealership.

its good to know people on the inside
  • YC11
    Options
    Would you pay $600 per month on car insurance if you were to get a free car paid for that's 2012? Mint condition, low on gas.

Can't say what car might make it easier, but this car cost 18,000 brand new. If I do the math, I woulda paid this car off in 3 yrs from insurance alone, still free car is a free car.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Are you asking id paying 600$ a month for insurance good?
  • YC11
    Options
    Yes, if someone gave you a brand new 2012 honda civic paid for lol, no car payment to worry about. This is not a random made up question, I'm going thru some thing where this might actually happen. I never planned on driving or buying a car for a long time but the free car and new job is making me think although my insurance is ridiculous.
  • YC11
    Options
    I'm currently saving on the side for my future classic audi, but like i said, ? happened, and free car may be on my way but my driving record from accident and me being new driver at the same time my insurance is nuts.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Wow.

600 a MONTH? I Pay about 103$ a month.

something aint right here.

Where did you get your insurance quote from?
  • YC11
    edited February 2014
    Options
    How long u been driving tho? I've never paid insurance or owned a car before. I'm 26 yrs old now and I had my G licence for only 2 yrs.
  • YC11
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I don't know how much of this affects but I know to a certain extent, I'm a young driver as in I just started. I live in a good area now where insurance is high due to highly concentrated area with access to everything, car is brand new, plus the car is on lease(will be paid for) plus I had 2 accidents in a yr, that gives me 6 yrs for that to go away as well. But if I start paying for it now, it will come down to half within next 3 yrs.
  • _Menace_
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I been driving for 4 years and just sold and bought a car last week, I only had 1 fender ? . I suggest you get a quote from progressive. They have some reasonable prices.
  • YC11
    Options
    Will do, I I doubt I can get it lower tho. U didn't answer my question, in my situation, would u pay this amount if car was free?
  • YC11
    Options
    Ohhhh I completely forgot to say, insurance is high in canada, esp toronto, Ontario. And I'm in the heart of the city. Forgot this is American site.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Canada? Hold up

@Sion answer this and question
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    There is no way I'd pay 600 a month for insurance for a civic, somethings not right op. there are guys on the other car site im on that live in Canada, they have Mustang Cobras/GT500s and dont pay anywhere near that.