^^^^

Will this get my buns nice and tone??
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    ^^^^

@ladycapoeira if by your username, you either a student in the art of capoeira or you is a brazilian african/ indigenous indian/spainish descendant...so i am quite sure your buns, core, glues, legs are banging.

but to answer your questions yes, i go to golds gym and the majority of women who have banging toned buns, core and quads (i am fan of women having quads, i think it's sexy, sorry talking to myself) i see are doing squats and walking lunges.

this youtube video will answer your questions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk5kovLBSjo&playnext=1&list=PL563B2E3635AD84F6&feature=results_video

Best leg and butt workout: lunges with weights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe4YkPmLeRQ
  • Lady_Capoeira
    Lady_Capoeira Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    ^^^^

@ladycapoeira if by your username, you either a student in the art of capoeira or you is a brazilian african/ indigenous indian/spainish descendant...so i am quite sure your burns, core, glues, legs are banging.

but to answer your questions yes, i go to golds gym and the majority of women who have banging toned buns, core and quads (i am fan of women having quads, i think it's sexy, sorry talking to myself) i see are doing squats and walking lunges.

this youtube video will answer your questions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk5kovLBSjo&playnext=1&list=PL563B2E3635AD84F6&feature=results_video

Not anymore since my car accident. Thinking about going back, though. You're right, Capoeira is a good work-out for the whole body esp the derriere.

• waterproof
    Options
    ^^^^

@ladycapoeira if by your username, you either a student in the art of capoeira or you is a brazilian african/ indigenous indian/spainish descendant...so i am quite sure your burns, core, glues, legs are banging.

Not anymore since my car accident. Thinking about going back, though. You're right, Capoeira is a good work-out for the whole body esp the derriere.

sorry to hear that, but you is alive and healthy so get back in it and hopefully you can come back and enlighten us about capoeria
  • waterproof
    Options
    Rest-Pause Training for Greater Strength and Muscle.
    Break through your growth plateaus with this training technique.
    By Mehmet Edip

How can resting during weight training help you achieve your goals? Well by resting or taking a 10-15 second pause between each rep you can actually help increase your strength and muscle hypertrophy.
    Rest-pause training breaks down one set into numerous mini-sets, with 10-15 second rests in between. This technique not only helps fatigue the muscle fibers, but can also help break through challenging strength and growth plateaus.

How to do it:

Set a weight 80-85% of your 1 rep max.

Perform as many reps as you can until you reach failure with a 10-15 second rest between each ‘mini-set’.

Be sure to continue after the rest pause (mini set) sequence until you reach failure.

Rest for 90 seconds between actual sets, and try to perform 3 working sets.

For the more advanced, increase the weight by 10%. If your are not as confident stay with the same weight.

Perform as many reps as you can until you reach failure with a 10-15 second rest between each ‘mini-set’.
    Rest for 90 seconds.

Advanced athletes - Increase the weight again by another 10%.
    Then complete a final set with that weight until you reach failure. Be sure to rest pause for 10-15 seconds until you reach failure.

Advanced athletes may also benefit from reducing the amount of rest time in between each mini set.
    The methods below will help you perform several heavy load reps and will help increase strength.

Set a weight 80-90% of your 1 rep max.
    Perform 1 rep then rest.
    Rest for 15 seconds.
    Keep the weight the same.
    Repeat this method until you hit 10-12 reps.
  • waterproof
    Options
    2 Common Squat Mistakes And How To Fix Them

For many of you proper squat form can seem like a puzzle.

You’ve read all the articles, watched all the videos, but your squats sill look ugly and don’t feel right.

This article will point out 2 common squat mistakes and tell how to fix them. By clearing up these errors you will be taking a giant stride forward towards better squatting form, and reducing your risk of injury.

Mistake #1 – Knees Forward Squatting

“Knees forward” squatting is by far and away the most common squatting form flaw.

The squat should be performed with the toes pointed out in a natural manner. For most lifters, this will mean about 30 degrees, give or take.

When squatting, the path of the knee should be about the same as the angle of your foot. Unfortunately, most lifting magazines feature the old school, “knees in”, bodybuilding-style of squat.

A knees in squat will make it much harder for you to hit proper depth. Because of this, most lifters who squat with their knees in end up half squatting.

Half squatting is one of the worst things you can do with a barbell on your back. It puts the knees in a precarious position, and increases the risk of injury.

Regarding the half squat and similar variations, Mark Rippetoe had this to say:

I think they are an ineffective way to train anything, because their mechanics are sufficiently different from normal human movement patterns that they are actually counterproductive. (1)

Mel Siff had this to say regarding the knee and partial extensions:

There tends to be an irrational fear associated with deeper-than-parallel squats, even though most of this is based on theoretical analysis and is usually contradicted by clinical studies which show that even more knee injuries occur in activities which do not flex the knee anywhere near parallel (such as running and jumping). Others show that partial squats can traumatize the knees even more than full squats!

To fix this issue, practice squatting with your knees moving along the same angle/plane as your toes. You may need to move the knees out as you descend to allow you to hit proper depth.

Never practice form adjustments like this with near maximal weight.

Mistake #2 – Flying Elbows

It is extremely common to see inexperienced lifters folding over in the hole of a squat like a wet piece of paper. Believe it or not, this issue isn’t necessarily caused by a lack of strength. It’s generally the result of a loose upper back and elbows.

Watch videos of less experienced lifters performing sets of 5 to 20 reps. You will notice that with each rep, their elbows slowly creep up and up. As this is happening, the lifter starts to lean more forward in the hole with each rep.

When your upper back and elbows are not tight, or are not kept tight throughout a set, they will natural start to fly up over time. This seemingly trivial change actually results in more forward lean than you would think.

Stand upright and pretend you are about to squat. If you keep your back and arms tight, your head remains in a consistent position and there is a reduced chance of forward lean.

Now from this position loosen up your back and raise your elbows. You will notice that your head wants to move forward and your mid-back wants to round.

When this looseness occurs during a squat set, it results in near-good morning style squat reps. Your lower back and erectors are hit hard, and you increase the risk of strains, pains and injury.

The fix for this issue is simple. Before each squat rep, make sure you squeeze the bar with a death grip and tighten your elbows and back as much as possible.

Yes, you will be doing this in between reps during your sets. It only takes a fraction of a second, but will save your lower back a lot of grief.

Conclusion

It’s quite common to hear: “I don’t want to squat. I’ve heard it’s bad for the knees and/or back.”

If done incorrectly, squatting is bad for your knees and back. Any lift performed incorrectly is more dangerous.

Work on correcting these 2 common squat flaws and you will greatly reduce your risk of injury. You may also notice that your squats feel more natural and powerful.
  • Lady_Capoeira
    Lady_Capoeira Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^

sorry to hear that, but you is alive and healthy so get back in it and hopefully you can come back and enlighten us about capoeria

Thanks Fam......Once I get settled and in a chill mood....I'll drop knowledge on those who interested on Capoeira....
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love this song by dead prez, i play this everyday at 6am when i wake for the gym and the days when i want to quit, it reminds me why i do this and it gives me inspriation

I luv that album. RBG'z. Good motivation music.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Uploaded on Mar 24, 2009
    Sylvester Stallone 62 years old training

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3BekaKNCY

Sylvester Stallone Training 2011 (#ORIGINAL)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7-RNJEawm8
  • waterproof
    Options
    Rocky Balboa Speech - Motivation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC6sMFbL288

Rocky 3 Training Scene
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0qVUn4797g

Rocky IV (4) - "No Easy Way Out" by Robert Tepper in High Definition (HD)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPb7g_BlXQ

Rocky Balboa: Going The Distance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45FfHlzRqTI
  • waterproof
    Options
    Adding Strength And Mass To Your Quads!

It is essential that every body part is trained respectively and with strict form; every body part is created equal. The muscles on my upper body are trained just as hard as the muscles on my lower body. This is one of the many secrets.
    By: Mitch McIntyre

My years and experience of bodybuilding is nothing more to me than the means of getting bigger and stronger.

Although my main objective to lifting is to build as much mass as humanly possible, however my strength will also increase. I have never been someone who cared about how much weight I could lift. I just throw on as much weight as my body can safely handle for the amount of reps I require myself to do. When I’m out at the grocery store or the malls people stop me and are amazed at my size, and the first thing they ask is, “How much can you lift?” or “How much can you bench?” jokingly I response to them by saying “well about two Winnebago’s and a Volkswagen”. To me it’s not the number I can lift or bench, it’s the quality of the set. But who has the time to explain this to an inquisitive teenager. However for those inquiring minds, I’ll mention the weight I use for each set.

Part of becoming a bodybuilder it is essential that every body part is trained respectively and with strict form; every body part is created equal. The muscles on my upper body are trained just as hard as the muscles on my lower body. This is one of the many secrets to creating a freaky but symmetrical, pleasing physique.

Take for example quads. No progress will be made unless heavy strict movements are utilized. This is true with every muscle. The movements involved are squats, leg press and leg extensions, respectively in that order. I start with squats, because it’s my strongest movement and I want to utilize as much weight to build the mass I want. However, on days that I want to shock my quads, I start out with drop sets of leg extensions to pre-exhaust them, then move on to squats.

For the past 13 years of bodybuilding, I have used every training strategy there is, and believe me by far my quad workouts has given me tremendous shape and size.

SQUATS

GOAL: Overall size and mass to the entire upper leg.

TECHNIQUE. To get the blood flowing to my quads I start my squats with a light warm-up set of 225 pounds for 15-20 reps. All my rep schemes range from 8 to 12, however, warm-up sets are the only high rep sets I will ever execute in my workouts. I stand underneath and position the barbell high on my traps before lifting it off the rack. Once I get a comfortable fit on my traps, I lift the bar and step away from the rack. I position my feet about armpit width keeping my knees slightly bent and toes pointing slightly outward. Once I am comfortable I execute the movement. Keeping my back as straight as possible, I bend my knees, lowering my buttocks as if I’m sitting in a chair until my thighs are slightly beyond parallel to the floor. Once I have reached that position, I drive the weight back up in a controlled motion pushing through the barbell keeping constant tension on my quads and buttocks and feet flat on the ground. In the finish position, I never lock my knees, instead I keep a slight bend to them, this keeps constant tension in my quads.

VOLUME. I execute this movement for four to five sets with 8 to 12 reps increasing the weight every set up to the low 500′s. Of course when I increase the weight, my reps drop to about eight reps.

LEG PRESS

GOAL: To develop and strengthen the gluteus and upper leg.

TECHNIQUE. My leg press movement is pretty basic. I position my feet so that they are six inches apart with my toes straight and about two inches from the edge of the platform. With my back flat against the chair I drive the sled forward, unlock the handles and grab onto the bottom of the chair or the grip handles for stabilization. I bring the weight down slowly so that my quads are parallel to the platform. Once my quads are parallel I raise the platform by driving as if I’m trying to push through the platform, keeping my feet flat and a slight bend to my knees at the finish position. Keeping the knees slightly bent in the finish position allows constant tension in the quads and a nice burn as well.

VOLUME. Since my quads are already pumped and warmed up, it is not necessary to do a warm-up set. Instead I go straight into the heavy sets. My first, second, third, and forth sets I’ll use a little over 1100 pounds (approximately 12 45′s on each side).

LEG EXTENSION

GOAL: To isolate and build strength and size to the quadriceps area.

TECHNIQUE. I adjust the machine to a sitting I am comfortable with. I make sure that the leg extension arm is right below my tibialous anterior muscle, or shinbone. I start at the bottom position slowly lifting the arm (about two seconds), extending my quadriceps in a lock position as hard as I can so that all three muscles (vastus laterals, medius and erectus fumerous) are separating with every rep, then controlling the weight back down (three seconds). Each time I do a rep I flex as if I’m on stage showing my audience and the judges the separation and cross striations in my quads.

VOLUME. This is always exercise number three, however on days that I want to pre-exhaust my quads before moving on to squats, it’s exercise number one. On sets one through four, I’ll do reps of 12 with the whole stack, sometime with a plate or two added. Occasionally when I’m with a workout partner, I might go as high as 15 reps.

MITCH McIntyre’s MASS AND STRENGTH BUILDING
    QUAD WORKOUT

EXERCISE* SETS REPS
    Squats 4 10-12
    Leg Press 4 10-12
    Leg Extension 4 15-12-10
    Note: On days that I want to pre-exhaust my quads, I’ll alternate this workout by doing leg extensions first before doing squats. Hamstrings are done on another day.

*Begin exercise with a warm-up set of 15 to 20 reps.
  • waterproof
    edited February 2013
    Options
    ok i am going to log my 1 month run of my old skool stack in this thread.
  • waterproof
    Options
    WATERPROOF'S OL SKOOL STACK (HALF OF THESE PRODUCTS I HAD IN THE CUBBARD FOR ALMOST 1 1/2 YEAR AND DECIDE TO USE THEM NOW BEFORE IT EXPIRES)

CLA - 3X A DAY....BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER

FISH OIL - 3X A DAY.....BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER

BODYBUILDING.COM MULTI'S 23.jpg - 2 CAPS BEFORE WORKOUT

TARGET MULTI'S - 1 CAP WITH BREAKFAST

N.O. XPLODE no-xplode-2.jpg- 1 SCOOP BEFORE WORKOUT

BCAA'SON-bcaa-caps.jpg - ON WORKOUT DAYS (2 BEFORE AND 2 AFTER WORKOUT), NON WORKOUT DAYS (2 WITH BREAKFAST AND 2 BEFORE SLEEP)

BCAA'S POWDERBodybuildingcom-Supplements-BCAA-Powder.jpg - 1 SCOOP IN GALLON OF WATER for INTRA WORKOUT

BERVERLY INTERNATIONAL BEEF LIVER [img]http://store.bbcomcdn.com/store/prodimage/? _23741/image_23741_450_white.jpg[/img] 5-7 TABLETS 3X A DAY BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER

UNIVERSAL STEROL COMPLEX natural_sterol_complex.jpgON WORKOUT DAYS (2 BREAKFAST, 2 BEFORE WORKOUT, 2 DINNER) NON WORKOUT DAYS (2 BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER)

UNIVERSAL MILK & EGG PROTEIN 98410862-260x260-0-0_Universal%20Nutrition%20MILK%20EGG%20CHOCOLATE%203%205LB%203%205%20l.jpg1 SCOOP WITH 1 SCOOP OF MUSCLE MILK AFTER WORKOUT FOR POST SHAKE

UNIVERSAL CARBO PLUS un-carbo-plus_836e7b1d4c73445ef1359ecfb32782cf.png1 SCOOP WITH POST SHAKE

creatine_monohydrate_450_white.jpegAND P9178.jpg1 SCOOP EACH FOR POST WORKOUT SHAKE
  • waterproof
    Options
    MY DIET

1ST MEAL - NATURAL OATS, 2 TURKEY BACON and 1 spoon of natural peanutbutter

2nd MEAL - APPLE AND ALMOND BUTTER

3RD MEAL - 2 TURKEY DOGS AND KALE LEAVES

4TH MEAL - CHICKEN BREAST AND BROWN RICE

5TH MEAL - STEAK AND COTTAGE CHEESE

6TH MEAL - TALIPA FISH AND CELERY, GRAPE FRUIT

7TH MEAL - 2 HARDBOIL EGGS, 1/2 AVACADO
  • waterproof
    Options
    THURSDAY was LEG DAY

STARTED ALL THE SUPPLEMENTS INSTEAD OF N.O. Xplode i received 5 packs from BB.COM OF 2717.jpg FOR TRAIL and i am using it as my pre workout, rasberry lemon is the flavor real good and got great pumps and focus from the product

SQUATS - 1 SET - WARM UP - 135 LBS TO FAILURE (1:30 REST PERIOD)

2ND SET - 300 LBS TO FAILURE

3RD SET - 300 LBS TO FAILURE

4TH SET - 260 POUNDS TO 12

5TH SET - 250 POUNDS TO 15

ALRIGHT THE QUADS IS FRIED NOW, HAD A MAJOR PUMP IN THE QUADS, walking bowlegged.

LEG PRESSES - 1 SET - 400 POUNDS TO 12 (ON THE NEW LEG PRESS MACHINE I USALLY GO 400, 500, 600, 700, 750 POUNDS IN SET BECAUSE OF MORE ROOM, BUT I WENT TOTHE OLD SCHOOL MACHINE WHEN IT'S ALL QUADS AND LESS ROOM 400 FEELS LIKE 700 ON THE OLD MACHINE, GO FIGURE?)

2ND SET - 400 POUNDS TO 12

3RD SET - 400 POUNDS TO 12

4TH SET - 450 POUNDS TO 12

SWEATING LIKE A PIG NOW, EVERY SET TO ME IS MY LAST SET, I GO ALL OUT, LEGS IS HARD FROM ALL THE BLOOD FLOW

SUPERSET LEG EXTENSIONS AND LYING LEG CURLS (FOR HAMS)

1ST SET - LEG EXT - 100 POUNDS 15-20, LYING LEG CURLS 100 POUNDS 15-20

2ND SET - - LEG EXT - 100 POUNDS 15-20, LYING LEG CURLS 100 POUNDS 15-20

3RD SET - - LEG EXT - 100 POUNDS 15-20, LYING LEG CURLS 100 POUNDS 15-20

SEATED CALF RAISE - 3 SETS

IT'S 0800 IN THE MORNING I HAVE TO GET OUT OF THERE, NO TIME FOR CARDIO,,,,,

RIGHT NOW QUADS IS SORE, GREAT NEWS, RIPPING OLD TISSUE FOR NEW GROWTH
  • waterproof
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Today was Shoulders with deadlift, had a long morning had to cut my workout short this morning, i workout 4x a week because i used to be in the gym 5-6x a week but i stop that ? , my family comes first,,,,,,,got some GOOD MORNING LOVE, took my seed to school, filled up the suv, went to the bank and got a quick workout...

my schedule is hectic got a full time job and a side hustle, the bay lifestyle is no joke you gots to have paper to live out here...

the sterol complex is kicking in a little, my test level is going up my libido is high, little acne so it's working, and the muscles is getting harder and fuller.......

DEADLIFT'S

WARM UP SET - 125 X 12

SET 1 - 225 X 12

SET 2 - 275 X 12

SET 3 - 295 X 8

SET 4 - 325 X 6

SET 5 - 350 X 4

mY SCHEDULE is crazy, a new project got me getting off in the morning so i head straight to gym i usally get atthe gym around 7am but today i got there at 9am , but i am feeling good today i breeze throught the dead lifts first 3 sets was butter, i give it to my diet, beef liver tabs and sterol complex.

alright racing against the clock, time to blast the shoulders, i am already 2 hours behind and still have to go home and get aleast 5-6 hours of sleep, coming of an shoulder injury, ? my rotator cuff up by lifting heavy doing barbell shoulder press, not ? with them no more so i rehabbing with dumbells, everytime i have an injury i got to the gym and work the body part and heal myself.

Dumbell Shoulder press

35lb x 25

40lb x 25

45lb x 20

50 x 15
    going light, rehabbing my shoulder, got a serious burn and pump, rich blood of amino's, protein, ect...is flushing throught the rotator cuff, feels real good, alright i know i can't go throught my whole sets for shoulder and get some cardio in, i need sleep.

Seated Machine Lateral raise.

110 x 12

110 x 12

110 x 12

110 x 12
    ...again im going for the pump, rehabbing the shoulder, cut my workout short today heading home to sleep..

• waterproof
    Options
    OFF DAY

EATING HEALTHY ? up drank 2 diet mouNtain dews, i need to be more discipline, burnt my chicken breast and tubaware in the microwave, mad ass ? , that's 20 grams of protein, gone and i am working tonight then going to my side hustle, 16 hours straight working..? it, but taking my supplements on time.....

i feel real good though, even though i had 6.30 hours of sleep, energy level is up, clothes fit a little looser, leaning out a bit....... i give the energy levels to the healthy eating, vitamins but i can tell the Beef Liver tabs in the main reason, this ? is GOAT........
  • waterproof
    Options
    OFF DAY AND CHEAT MEAL

I HAD STEAK NACHO'S with STEAK Quesadilla and a LITER OF DIET COKE....... TOMORROW IS SUPERSETTING CHEST AND BACK, I AM GOING TO START DOING CARDIO AGAIN ON SUN, MON, TUES & WED, I HAVE TO FIT IN MY TIGHT SCHEDULE...
  • waterproof
    edited February 2013
    Options
    this ? month been crazy, losts of family born days, still cramming in workout trying to eat clean 5 days on the stack and lost a pound with NO CARDIO and not eating a clean as i should...., strength went up and my recover time is crazy, since i go heavy with a lots of reps I rest 2 mins, now i go at 1 or 1:30, energy levels is up and again i'M getting stronger and leaners

MONDAY WORK OUT CHEST/BACK

1ST WORKING SET Barbell Bench Supersetting with Chins

Set 1 = BBB 135x12, Chins 12 Reps

Set 2 = BBB 185x12, CHINS 12 REPS

SET 3 = BBB 205X12, CHINS 12 REPS

SET 4 = BBB 225X12, CHINS 12 REPS

SET 5 = BBB 235 to failure, then rest pause for 30 seconds, hit to failure

SET 6 = BBB 250 TO FAILURE, then rest pause for 30 seconds, hit to failure

(I HIT 300 POUNDS AND UP BEFORE MY SQUATS on leg days)

2nd WORKING SET INCLINE BARBELL SUPERSETTING WITH BARBELL UNDERHAND BENT OVER ROWS

ALLRIGHT, I AM SWEATING THEN, WITH A CRAZY PUMP AND ZAPPED

SET 1 = IBB 135X12, BENT OVER ROW 135X12

SET 2 = IBB 185X10, BENT OVER ROW 185X12

SET 3 = IBB 205X8, BENT OVER ROW 205X12

SET 4 = IBB 225X8, BENT OVER ROW 225X12

SET 5 = IBB 235X7, BENT OVER ROW 235X12

YEAH BUDDY, AND I STILL GOT 4 WORKING SETS TO GO, NO ? ? , I AM HERE TO LIFT AND NOT PLAY.

3RD WORKING SET - SUPERSETTING FLAT BENCH AND INCLINE BENCH DUMBELLS (NOW I AM DRAINED, GOT A GALLON OF WATER WITH A SCOOP OF BCAA'S IN THEM, THIS IS SET IS ABOUT BLOOD FLOW, LIGHT WEIGHTS ARE HEAVY AS ? TO ME, THAT'S A GOOD THING, THOUGH THAT MEAN I AM OVERLOADING THE MUSCLE FIBERS AND DID A GREAT JOB, I AM USING 80'S ON THE FLAT AND 50'S ON THE INCLINE, I USALLY HIT THE 100'S FOR BOTH, BUT SINCE IM NOT FRESH, USE WHAT I CAN GET DECENT REPS)

1SET = Flat DB BENCH 80LBS TO FAILURE, INCLINE DB 50LBS TO FAILURE

2ND SET = SAME AS ABOVE

3RD SET = SAME AS ABOVE

4TH SET = SAME AS ABOVE

4TH WORKING SET - SUPERSETTING INCLINE DUMBELL FLYS WITH STANDING LAT PULLDOWNS

1SET = 40LBSX12 INCLINE FLY, STANDING LAT PULLDOWNS 30LBS X12

2SET = 45LBSX12 INCLINE FLY, STANDING LAT PULLDOWN 50LBS X 12

3RDSET = 50LBSX12 INCLINE FLY, STANDING LAT PULLDOWN 70LBS X 12

4THSET = 55 LBS X10 INCLINE FLY, STANDING LAT PULLDOWN 75 X 12

5 WORKING SET - SUPERSETTING DIPS AND UNDERHAND PULL UPS

1SET - DIPS AND UNDERHAND PULL UPS TO FAILURE

2ND SET - SAME AS ABOVE

3RD SET- SAME AS ABOVE

6 WORKING SET - LYING MACHINE FLY MACHINE FLYS (old school golds machine)

SET 1 = 110 lbs to failure

SET 2 = 110 lbs to failure

SET 3 = 110 LBS to failure

SET 4 = 110 to failure

yeah mayne, that's how i workout, no kid ? homie, you rest at home....as this is tuesday night as i give the update and i am still sore, went up in weights and reps, the beef liver and sterol complex is kicking in, the cla and fish oil is lowering the fat around the midsection.......great monday i had.
  • scarfacetf
    scarfacetf Members Posts: 59
    Options
    What's up with the beef liver tabs never heard of that supplement
  • waterproof
    Options
    @scarfacetf the beef liver tabs is real ? great, an old school bodybuilding supplement that is loaded with lots B vitamins, Protein.....

Benefits:

Androgenic effects
    Dramatic increase in energy
    Increase muscle mass
    Increase strength
    Increase all mineral and vitamin intake
    Increase quality amino acid utilization

YOU CANT GO WRONG, I GOT LEANER WITH THEM, MUSCLE IS HARDER AND FULLER AND STRENGTH WENT UP......

goggle and check these out..........

universal_uni-liver-500.gif

260-303-large.jpg

7014.jpg
  • waterproof
    edited March 2013
    Options
    @scarfacetf

In this day and age, liver tabs are a throwback. Liver tabs are definitely old school. In fact, I personally know of many top bodybuilding pros who use liver today. Liver aint glamorous, but it flat out works.

Liver tabs. Man, these two words, probably more than any other, conjure up bodybuilding nutrition from the 60s and 70s. It does for me. Bodybuilders like Arnold Schwarzenneger, Frank Zane, Dave Draper, and Vince Gironda lived on them and let me tell ya, these guys knew something about bodybuilding.

But in this day and age, liver tabs are a throwback. Liver tabs are definitely old school. But what's old school doesn't have to mean obsolete�anyone here at Animalpak.com can tell you that. Liver is flat out not obsolete. In fact, I personally know of many top bodybuilding pros who use liver today. Liver ain't glamorous, but it flat out works.

Why Liver Tabs?

Back in the old days, liver was considered by many lifters to be a panacea. Bodybuilders thought it could do everything. Truth is, it can't. Nothing can. Not only that, desiccated liver is no "miracle" supplement that's gonna add 25 or 50 pounds to your bench press overnight. So for all you guys out there looking for the next "big" thing, this ain't it. But if you're looking for a solid nutritional supplement, one that should be part of your core nutritional arsenal along with protein and Animal Pak, this is it. In my honest opinion, liver tabs are a must. Now a lot of so-called "experts" today think desiccated liver tabs are ? . They'll point to a lack of a significant body of research. They'll point out it's been around for a long, long time.

They say there are more inexpensive ways to get protein. Well these things are true. Even so, it don 't mean liver is worthless. Far from it. Those critics who bring these charges, guess what? These are the same guys who've never used liver before, cuz if they did, they'd be singing a different tune.

Truth is, the vast majority of bodybuilding supplements have little or no science behind them at all. Period. The supplement industry is built on the myth of science, not science itself. Don't get me wrong. Supplements and our knowledge of nutrition have come a long, long way in thirty years. Even so, in the supplement industry, it's more about fiction and hype, not truth and science.

Fact is, very precious few supplements have any legitimate clinical studies to support them. protein. Aminos. creatine. These are among the rare few that have been studied. Now this doesn't mean that all supplements today are worthless. Many are good, but many don't have studies behind them. The point is, just because there isn't a lot of science don't mean something doesn't work. And just because something's been around a while doesn't mean it's worthless. If you're selling ? , then it ain't gonna sell for long.

On the other hand, if something's been around for thirty or so years, you gotta ask yourself why. Maybe cuz it actually works? Consider Atkins as a case in point. He first presented his ideas in the 1970s and his ideas never caught on. He was ridiculed by the medical establishment.

Today, his theories are gaining ground. Studies are even beginning to show his diet works. Bodybuilders, of course, have been following a ketogenic diet for decades, but the point is, sometimes it takes a while for everyone else to catch up.

Bottom line, who you gonna trust? You gonna put your faith in some skinny-assed marketing guys who tout their supplements as being "scientifically" or "clinically" proven to help you build muscle 4000% faster? Or you gonna trust thousands upon thousands of real lifters who have used a supplement for years and years with success? It's your call. I know what mine is.

So what's so good about liver? For starters, many have called liver the most perfect food. It's rich in amino acids, vitamins, minerals, nucleic acids, lipotropics, antioxidants, cytochrome P450 (an enzyme involved in steroid production and detoxification), and other important nutrients. Liver has been used by bodybuilders and powerlifters for decades to increase strength, enhance appetites, reduce recovery times and fatigue, support liver function, and detoxify the body. It's also an effective blood builder. Liver helps increase red blood cell count. Plus, it's one of the best sources of heme iron.

Desiccated liver contain heme iron, one of the most bioavailable forms around. Synthetic or elemental iron can lead to overdosing. Overdosing is far less likely with natural iron. With non-heme iron, you might expect an absorption rate of 1-3%. With heme iron, you could expect 35% absorption or more. Liver tabs can also exert "hematinic activity" � the ability of a substance to improve the quality of the blood, including the hemoglobin level and the number of erythrocytes. That's why liver has been called a "blood builder".

All this is important because blood is what delivers oxygen and nutrients to your working muscles. If you got a problem with iron and blood, it can all lead to to fatigue, decreased energy levels, and reduced physical performance. Studies have clearly shown that even slight iron-deficiency can lead to a reduced work capacity.

Liver also contains nucleic acids. For years, people thought the body could make enough nucleic acids via de novo nucleotide synthetic pathways. Under certain circumstances, this ain't the case. There are times when the body needs more: when the body is undergoing rapid growth, limited food supply, and metabolic stress.

How Can Liver Help You?

In other words, when you're training hard to either gain mass or shed fat. Under these tough conditions, metabolic demand exceeds the capacity of de novo synthesis and nucleic acids become conditionally essential nutrients. This is one of the reasons that liver can have a real effect on improving recovery rates.

Liver is one of the best sources of B vitamins in food. For the athlete, B vitamins are among the most important of all the vitamins. B vitamins play a key role in energy production. If you are low here, your energy levels can suffer. This is bad news in the gym. B vitamins are also needed in carbohydrate metabolism, fat utilization, cell function, proper enzyme function, the regulation of blood sugar, antioxidant function, and detoxification reactions. The list goes on and on.

So liver is important. But like I said earlier, it ain't no panacea. Liver will never replace good old protein powder. From an economical point of view, it can't and it shouldn't. It's easier and cheaper to take a scoop of protein powder than it is to gulp down a handful of liver tabs. So you don't take liver in place of protein. It's not either or. You can take both. Besides, you don't take liver for protein. You get it for aminos and other goodies.

Liver tabs, in my opinion, should be a regular part of your supplement program. Now there are a couple of different liver products out there. If you're looking to try it out, choose a good one. Good liver tabs start with good liver: exclusively grass-fed, prized cattle from Argentina. These prized Argentinian cattle are raised without the use of steroids, hormones, pesticides or other such contaminants. So you get a liver that's healthy, clean and pure. You also gotta check to make sure the liver is certified BSE-free. Remember mad cow disease?

I personally use Uni-Liver for all the reasons above. Along with Animal Pak, I don't leave home without it. I'm a competitive bodybuilder and a big guy so I take anywheres from 9-18 per day. As each 30 grain tab has 1600mg of protein, I also get upwards of 29 extra grams of protein per day. Bottom line: if you're looking for a miracle in a bottle, you ain't gonna find it here. But if you're looking to add a little something extra to your program, liver is as good as it gets. Peace.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From a purely aesthetic stand point...women that don't squat might as well not work out
  • waterproof
    Options