Kool Moe Dee on Jay-Z vs Nas emcee battle

Options

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Awesome drop! I never dug any of KMD's music except "Let's Go. And of course I think L got him. Till the Break of Dawn" sucked all of the wind out of him.

This is the type of knowledge that needs to be passed around. He summed up the Nas, Jay battle so perfectly. Must admit, even I didn't really let it process that Jay Z's response was that of someone wounded. At the time I just thought he was trying to get his Pac on...

I disagree by the time Till the break of dawn dropped. Moe D was somewhat of a relic and the newer MC's had the game in a Choke hold. By 1990 Moe D was 10+ years into the Rap game. His time had passed so, with or without that Record Moe Dee was simply a Pioneer trying to hang in there.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I never seen jayz a drop tear. Neither did you.

I didn't have to see him..
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If someone has to tell you how to be a dope MC, it isn't meant to be.
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    deeroc22 wrote: »
    Nice drop...where this from??

He covers this battle more in depth in his book; There's a ? on the mic
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm glad even oldee goldee pioneers of the rap game can see that Jay got his ass torn apart. If you let the reason tell it,...half these ? actually think Jay won the battle and Jay even know he lost, that's why on the blueprint 2 song he was coming off angry at the fans for making Nas be the victor. Even after that too I've seen ? on here very recently say Jay won....ol ? Jigga warriors. They better off changing the subject than saying stupid ? like that.
  • (UNKNOWN)
    (UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
    edited October 2011
    Options

LMAO...man I like Jay but that ? sound broken,
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    (UNKNOWN) wrote: »

He was, Memf Bleek even said that it was mad tense at the Roc the day that ? dropped.
  • EuropeanAndWhite
    EuropeanAndWhite Members Posts: 520
    edited October 2011
    Options
    (UNKNOWN) wrote: »

yeah, but wouldnt you be broken too? I most certainly would if someone dropping a record like ether that the whole country hears... ? hurts.lol.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

KMD : Thats when I knew that Nas had gotten to Jay - Z pyschologically , his response sounded like an emotional rush . Almost like Tyson trying to prove that he can come back & beat Holyfield a second time and he bit his ear . Its not like Jay Z cant rhyme , but people have specialties . Jay Z s specialty is street flavor and hustler game , but to battle someone like Nas you have to step it up a notch . I always said that the reason LL can never win a battle is because he talks so much about himself , that he cant talk about anything else . He used his charisma , energy and vocabulary - which is basically a combination of my style , T la Rock & Run but in battling its more . Like when I hit him with the Ls ( lower level , lackluster etc) it wasnt just insulting , but it had poetic value to it .

Cosign this..........
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    As smart as Jay might be, he made a lotta wrong ass decisions during that battle..
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    But Jay-z spit straight truth on Take Over and Nas told random Jokes on Ether.

but your name is Ether not takeover.........
  • coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

That was the only problem I had with people proclaiming Nas the winner off Ether. Ether was a good record, but he was doing a lot of name calling...talking about dude looks & bs. I really don't care who is considered the winner, but in my opinion, Ether wasn't better than Takeover, but it was better than Super Ugly.

With that said, they're both pass the battle so we should be too.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Cosign

Jigga ripped nas to pieces wit one verse that was facts

Nothin but facts

While nas said frivolous ? bars like "Dame diddy/dame daddy/dame ? /Oh I get it you biggie and he puffy"

"Rockerfeller died of aids" = Never happened

88 you was gettin chased in your building = never happened

their company wasnt named after the real rockefeller,the guy they named their company after did die of aids...fact.
    as far as getting chased through the building,you have no clue if it happened or not so you cant call it fact.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    so jay z can say he lost,bleek can admit it and jay can damn near cry on the radio afterwards yet jay still won on the ic?
    lol "the internet aint real"
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    so jay z can say he lost,bleek can admit it and jay can damn near cry on the radio afterwards yet jay still won on the ic?
    Lol "the internet aint real"

f r e e p o s t
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Cosign

Jigga ripped nas to pieces wit one verse that was facts

Nothin but facts

While nas said frivolous ? bars like "Dame diddy/dame daddy/dame ? /Oh I get it you biggie and he puffy"

"Rockerfeller died of aids" = Never happened

88 you was gettin chased in your building = never happened

Yea, the ? was humerous to me. ? talking about "calling my crib" like that was suppose to be an insult. He was splashing your broad, so ofcourse he gonna call your crib.....to speak to her. The ? was one big fairytale and OT ? fell for it. Talking about a ? getting chased through his building, like he was actually in the street to know this. Ironically, Mega had that ? on high alert something serious. Jay a sucka for letting made up ? annoy him. Like you was splashing this ? baby moms, he knew it and did nothing. This the ? you let get to you?
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Lol at this ridiculous post. I like Jay and Nas but seriously what truth did Jay say on takover besides the you know who line?? Ya ? need to give it a rest and stop being in denial. What jay said on takeover was 95% opinion and u some of u dumbazzes don't have a clue on what the definition is between a fact and opinion. GTFOH with that garbage. Ether had everything in a battle which was fact, opinions, humor, sonning, science, and creativity. (Check what day ether dropped back in 01) And the rockefeller line is not the wikipedia dude u nerds be looking up either. He was talking about a street dude that actually died of aids. SMDH rehashing this same old non-sense. Nas got em end of story. They both still top 5 in my book.
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    jim1000 wrote: »
    Lol at this ridiculous post. I like Jay and Nas but seriously what truth did Jay say on takover besides the you know who line?? Ya ? need to give it a rest and stop being in denial. What jay said on takeover was 95% opinion and u some of u dumbazzes don't have a clue on what the definition is between a fact and opinion. GTFOH with that garbage. Ether had everything in a battle which was fact, opinions, humor, sonning, science, and creativity. (Check what day ether dropped back in 01) And the rockefeller line is not the wikipedia dude u nerds be looking up either. He was talking about a street dude that actually died of aids. SMDH rehashing this same old non-sense. Nas got em end of story. They both still top 5 in my book.

Agreed. Takeover was hot. Hell I wasn't even sure if Nas could come back. However like my man just said. Takeover at least the part about Nas was most his opinion not fact. Jay Z was trying to end Nas career with Takeover. He almost did if it were not for Ether. We know Ether didn't destroy Jay.

Jay has more then moved on & prospered. Ether though was a lyrical buck 50 to Jay that will always be there.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited October 2011
    Options
    why is it that these old ass rappers never think that anybody from the newer generation can be there peer or counterpart when it comes to certain aspects of emceeing, let these ? tell it they had the dopest beats, the illest bars, and nastiest concepts in all of music history

delusional ass old ? make me sick
  • Kwan Dai
    edited October 2011
    Options
    why is it that these old ass rappers never think that anybody from the newer generation can be there peer or counterpart when it comes to certain aspects of emceeing, let these ? tell it they had the dopest beats, the illest bars, and nastiest concepts in all of music history

delusional ass old ? make me sick

The better question is, where did you read Moe Dee saying anything remotely close?

Anyways in many ways the newer generations aren't their peers. Simply for that fact that what the newer generation is doing was already by the pioneers and many of them had no blueprints to go by like the new generation does.
  • Kwan Dai
    edited October 2011
    Options
    january wrote: »
    Oh let's review for the laaaaaammmmmeeees.

What are we supposed to be reviewing?
  • monolithicpaw
    monolithicpaw Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    I disagree by the time Till the break of dawn dropped. Moe D was somewhat of a relic and the newer MC's had the game in a Choke hold. By 1990 Moe D was 10+ years into the Rap game. His time had passed so, with or without that Record Moe Dee was simply a Pioneer trying to hang in there.

Till the Break of Dawn. 1987
    Wild Wild West. 1988

Shut up and study your History!
  • monolithicpaw
    monolithicpaw Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think It's easy to proclaim Nas the victor because you didn't see any damage. Jay came off as salty and bitter during that battle.
    Amongst men of honor it's not a privilege to have sex with your enemies girl. Thats like putting on a pair of his ? drawers. But in the minds of some, it is a compliment, because they feel they are now somehow on thier foes level. Takeover may have had some truths, but ether just verbalized for Jay what he had knew all along.
  • thewave19
    thewave19 Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Kool Moo Dee is one of the greatest what ???? LOL