Options
13»

Comments

• The Power
    The Power Members Posts: 84
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ier30 wrote: »
    you comparing an average rapper to a far superior lyricist i mean what aspect of rapping is drake better than em in and this coming from someone who likes the comeback season etc

Yes, i liked comeback season. Drakes multis>>>>>>>>>>Eminems. Get me one song in the last few years that you would consider a classic from eminem. He's a washed up ? up drug addict. Hell the sequels beats were ? amazing though, i also loved his flow on the beats. The reunion is a great example but listen to the completely awful lyrics and the concept. All I'm hearing is rampant, directionless misogyny from Em, and Royce comes off as a pale imitation, trying way too hard to be witty ("I’m a walking Kanye/Beyonce song" so awkward). Em’s verses are both pretty forced and don't really have a clear purpose. Plus, he already successfully bashed Relapse and the accent a year ago so at this point he's just coming off as beating a dead horse...we get it, you think it sucked.
  • hiphophova
    hiphophova Members Posts: 710
    edited October 2011
    Options
    CapitalC wrote: »
    So when you guys are rating MCs it has nothing to do with the accomplishments, or something measurable like that? It has to do with how you/your friends feel about their music?
    They have a word for that...

music for the ears bro, Nas just won his first ever major award after like 20 years.

Not every thing good is a sell out affair, take scarface the movie it was a box office flop.

time always tells.
  • The Power
    The Power Members Posts: 84
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bazooka wrote: »
    lmao u guys dont see that this s bigavelli aka shadyteam just gettin yall to talk about eminem?

Are you implying i'm an alias?
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited October 2011
    Options
    hiphophova wrote: »
    music for the ears bro, Nas just won his first ever major award after like 20 years.

Not every thing good is a sell out affair, take scarface the movie it was a box office flop.

time always tells.

Very true, but I doubt Nas is gonna be Van Gogh-ing the game, music isn't really like that...especially rap music...
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think they are equal when it comes to lyrics. The difference is that Em raps about the strangest ? .
  • c.g. productionz
    c.g. productionz Members Posts: 22
    Options
    This must be a troll thread... Even if you hate new Em material his old stuff is certified classic