Why Does B.E.T Get So Much Hate?

Options

Comments

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tonys. wrote: »
    BET went the route it was supposed to, if they would've continued on the path they were on, they woulda became obsolete in the market they were in. But they lost me when Rap City was cancelled, Free left 106, and then they start doin those ? voiceovers in the movies to replace the curse words....that ? is lol and smh status.....

Man ? the bolded is the truth! It aint even no purpose watching a movie on bet because of this dumb ? . I be mad as hell when a good ass movie playing and they edit the ? out of it. Trying to watch Boyz in the Hood on BET is a gotdamn joke
  • raevanaa
    raevanaa Confirm Email Posts: 212
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Man ? the bolded is the truth! It aint even no purpose watching a movie on bet because of this dumb ? . I be mad as hell when a good ass movie playing and they edit the ? out of it. Trying to watch Boyz in the Hood on BET is a gotdamn joke

the funniest voice over replacement is when they try to replace DMX or Martin Lawrence, ? is awkward as hell.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    BET USED to be informative and dedicated to the issues of blacks in America. They used to have shows like Teen Summit, BET News, various music video shows showing different genres of black music (Carribean Rhythms, Rap City, Video Soul). But with the dawn of the new millenium and the sale of BET to Viacom, it went and became an "Entertainment" station. With the one-two-three punch of cancelling the above shows, the firing of Tavis Smiley, and the rise of 106 & Park, BET sold out. You may not remember about BET when it first started, but back then they were an outlet for black shows, artists, politicians, etc. Nowadays it's just become MTV for black people. Devoid of soul and substance.

this here...it went from seeing Teen Summit every Saturday morning to seeing 106 & Park and blatantly selling sexual songs made by adults to teens and kids...I mean I can't be the only person who gets disturbed when they see ? like Trey Songz singing "Love Faces" to a crowd of females no older than 17 most likely...that ? is disturbing
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    because white America has taught the ignorant ? to hate anything associated with black, lol

bet cool, that new show "REED BETWEEN THE LINES" is good, so is "LET'S STAY TOGETHER", both highlighting positive black relationships and adulthood
  • blackrain
    edited October 2011
    Options

I used to get so ? when they would show Juice...every "? " turned into "mickey flick"....
  • blackrain
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    because white America has taught the ignorant ? to hate anything associated with black, lol

bet cool, that new show "REED BETWEEN THE LINES" is good, so is "LET'S STAY TOGETHER", both highlighting positive black relationships and adulthood

Nah, there's some legit issues people can take with BET...the problem is in how they address it...true some people complain about BET because it's become the cool thing to do, but there are some things on that damn channel that are just sad...
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited October 2011
    Options
    PiffyHaze wrote: »
    if it had some interesting shows on maybe i watch it. it just a black MTV

? , does BET have any new original programing ? I think MTV might have them beat in that category
    I remember they had Hell Date, but I dont know if that ? still come on or not.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Remember when that ? Huruma had a ? cat in his avatar? Oh ? , this ? was holding a cat in his ? picture, *rofl*, *wiping tears from my eyes*.
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Nah, there's some legit issues people can take with BET...the problem is in how they address it...true some people complain about BET because it's become the cool thing to do, but there are some things on that damn channel that are just sad...

like what?...........within the last year I don't see a problem tbh I never understood what the problem with bet was
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I will say the BET awards fully deserves all of the hate it gets. If that isn't the most unorganized, sloppy, low budget coontastic award show...

LOL @ them nominating muthafuckas in certain categories out of pity knowing damn well they aint gonna win.
  • Huruma
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Because MTV has more Black Entertainment Television than Black Entertainment Television as far as music is concern. Reruns and old ass movies don't count.

The movies/sitcoms are the only thing I remember liking about BET (after a certain age). I haven't watched it in years.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Because MTV has more Black Entertainment Television than Black Entertainment Television as far as music is concern. Reruns and old ass movies don't count.

YOUS A GOT DAMN LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

But ? both thems shtits is wack as ? to me.....i usually only ? with Discovery,History,TLC Nat Geo, PBS and i don't give a ? !
  • Huruma
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'll pass on The Parkers and Belly edited so dam much that I barely realize what movie it is.

Editing Belly ruined it, I agree. I used to like Thea and Sparks and some other stuff I can't remember. I could sit down and watch Rap City from start to finish in grade 8, lol.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    because bob johnson sold it to a white corporation which defeats the original purpose of the channel. also they got rid of rap city, hits from the streets, teen summit etc.
  • Huruma
    edited October 2011
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    because bob johnson sold it to a white corporation which defeats the original purpose of the channel. also they got rid of rap city, hits from the streets, teen summit etc.

I liked Teen Summit.
    Yep, I could too. Now I have to watch MTV to watch more than 2 hip hop videos a day. Thea was that show but like you said, that was back in the day.

It sounds like it's changed a lot. I didn't like how it was mostly music, what was the point of that?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    BET really, i mean really need to stop showing THE PARKERS. It is probably the worst tv show ever, two loud mouth fat hoes
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    BET really, i mean really need to stop showing THE PARKERS. It is probably the worst tv show ever, two loud mouth fat hoes
    Never in a day in my life have I ever watched that ? .

I'd rather slit my wrists horizontally, repeatedly.
  • Huruma
    edited October 2011
    Options

The Parkers was still better than 'The Game'.
  • blackrain
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    like what?...........within the last year I don't see a problem tbh I never understood what the problem with bet was

like I said in another post, maybe it's me but seeing a grown man singing songs to teenage girls no older than 14 and 15 about ? just disturbs me...their terrible editing of movies...there's much better ways to edit films with foul language and nudity than what BET does...the lack of original programming and instead resorting to endless re-runs of The Game, then The Parkers, then any other random show w/ an all black cast until you run the entire series and repeat the cycle again...I don't hate BET like some people claim to, but I won't act like SOME of the criticism it gets isn't deserved
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    BET USED to be informative and dedicated to the issues of blacks in America. They used to have shows like Teen Summit, BET News, various music video shows showing different genres of black music (Carribean Rhythms, Rap City, Video Soul). But with the dawn of the new millenium and the sale of BET to Viacom, it went and became an "Entertainment" station. With the one-two-three punch of cancelling the above shows, the firing of Tavis Smiley, and the rise of 106 & Park, BET sold out. You may not remember about BET when it first started, but back then they were an outlet for black shows, artists, politicians, etc. Nowadays it's just become MTV for black people. Devoid of soul and substance.

/thread...couldn't said it any better.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    Editing Belly ruined it, I agree. I used to like Thea and Sparks and some other stuff I can't remember. I could sit down and watch Rap City from start to finish in grade 8, lol.
    Haruma what in the ? are you doing watchin Belly? lmaooo
  • thekillingjoke
    thekillingjoke Members Posts: 429
    edited October 2011
    Options

Only reason I would watch The Parkers was to get a glimpse of that white girl's ass. She had a fatty.
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Back in the day(early 00s) a bet news show used to come on after comic view. The hostess had some big ass ? . Im talking huge. Im mad I can't remember her name smh. But yeah bet fell off. Centric >
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol, naw I aint lying. How much Hip hop do you see on BET? Really, how much music do you see on BET? They got 2 wack ass tv shows and 1 decent one in "The Game". That's it dawg. ? MTV play more hip hop in 1 day than BET does in 2 weeks.

Yep, I could too. Now I have to watch MTV to watch more than 2 hip hop videos a day. Thea was that show but like you said, that was back in the day. Now it's "Girlfriends" and "The Parkers." I'll pass

When does MTV play any kind of music video, let alone hip hop videos? MTV jams, yea sure that's 24 hours. But as far as the regular channel, if they're not showing the country's sick love affair with ? fist pumping on the jersey shore, or they're not showing young cumbuckets who vilify their baby's father and wouldn't be noticed if they spread their legs on teen mom, they're patronizing ? and trannys on the real world, true life, or some other reality show. MTV is to faggotry what BET is to coonery
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    chilly wrote: »
    Back in the day(early 00s) a bet news show used to come on after comic view. The hostess had some big ass ? . Im talking huge. Im mad I can't remember her name smh. But yeah bet fell off. Centric >

Jackie Reid my ?