J.Cole isn't That Great Lyrically....

Options

Comments

• DayDay34
    DayDay34 Members Posts: 1,771
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ain't nothing special about j.cole. just another boring rapper. pop star cole. ambition, section 80, finally famous>cole world: the bedtime story.
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cole is good combination of lyrics and flow and he doesnt get out-shined on on that many features. Thats enough for me to say he's one of the better new rappers out there.

Better than Drake and Wale. A couple steps behind Kendrick.

I agree with the first part of what you stated. I think as far as crafting radio friendly songs nobody above is seeing Drake though. I personally like Kendrick and Cole's music better than Drake's but you can't deny the guys gift for making songs. All of those guys you name dropped are solid artist and it's good to see Hip Hop's future is in there hands
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    besides kendrick, which one of the newbies is better than j.cole LYRICALLY.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    drake used to spit is the key word being used....as far as singing cole > drake. I have heard both of them sing hooks live and cole is better hands down. neither are amazing singers but drake is terrible when you take the computer effects away. granted drake sang the entire find your love (terribly) and cole did just hooks but still. yes drake can write a few pop top 40 hooks but form a hip hop prespective currently as in music made this year cole >>> drake. unless yall ? actually heard drake sing live yall cant give him the singing on his resume. it don't count when its digitally altered.

hate hate hate...but u know what, i havent heard him sing live, hence i dont ? care..it sounds good..(cole does too on some hooks)
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lmao@ that.. you a real ? , my dude.. smh

he's a troll. don't feed the troll.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    Kendrick is a monster. I am a big Cole fan and I don't think he ? with Kendrick

section 80 was dope as ? but cole overall has the best mix right now out the new school as far as delivery, making good songs, flow, composing a blend of tracks and making a final product. Lyrically kendrick might be better but not overall he cant make a song as complete as cole.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Kendrick >> raw lyrical abilty

Drake >>>>>>>>> Songmaking ability, by far..

Wiz >>>> Melodies

Wale should quit rap asap and become a poet.. worse ? to touch a mic in years

Meek, average at best, career will be done by next X mas.. fact.

Big Sean cool but nothin stands out... eh, gettin fresh maybe?

J Cole.. jack of all trades, master of none... does everything good, nothin great.

man meek is weak as hell to me, ? just loud
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dumb question lol.. Cole, if that.. pretty even and could go either way, other than that no one is close.

If you say someone else is, your clearly delusional or smokin some ? i need to get my hands on.

Edit: i know he trollin but the ? was funny *shrugs*

my bad, i meant to write cole. damn lite skin ? lmao.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited November 2011
    Options
    wiz pure garbage...
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    man meek is weak as hell to me, ? just loud

^lol................
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Kendrick >> raw lyrical abilty

Drake >>>>>>>>> Songmaking ability, by far..

Wiz >>>> Melodies

Wale should quit rap asap and become a poet.. worse ? to touch a mic in years

Meek, average at best, career will be done by next X mas.. fact.

Big Sean cool but nothin stands out... eh, gettin fresh maybe?

J Cole.. jack of all trades, master of none... does everything good, nothin great.

i almost agree with everything said here
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited November 2011
    Options
    DayDay34 wrote: »
    ain't nothing special about j.cole. just another boring rapper. pop star cole. ambition, section 80, finally famous>cole world: the bedtime story.

? must like bedtime stories better than a compilation album full of kanye throwaway beats and tracks then lmaoooo

lmao at you finding a pic with the fruitest shirt in b seans closet and the whitest creeper ? picture of drake online...congrats my ? on that feat!
  • The 3mcee
    edited November 2011
    Options
    section 80 was dope as ? but cole overall has the best mix right now out the new school as far as delivery, making good songs, flow, composing a blend of tracks and making a final product. Lyrically kendrick might be better but not overall he cant make a song as complete as cole.

IDK... We will see when Kendrick drops his actual album. I was talking about lyrically in that post though. Section 80 had some great songs on that ? but you might be right about commercial type songs. I think Kendrick doesn't care about that ?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited November 2011
    Options
    my bad, i meant to write cole. damn lite skin ? lmao.

day day under pressure what that make trolling and or a ? quickly coming in before logging out and being a guest once again
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    * waits for shadyteam to say J. Cole 's lyrics and production is boring *
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    IDK... We will see when Kendrick drops his actual album. I was talking about lyrically in that post though. Section 80 had some great songs on that ? but you might be right about commercial type songs. I think Kendrick doesn't care about that ?

and that isn't a problem to me because even though he might not be able to make a commercial song there is times where kendricks ? is better to listen to than coles ? .

side note: i thought section 80 was an offical album?
  • The 3mcee
    edited November 2011
    Options

You know that is gonna happen eventually. LOL.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited November 2011
    Options

lol at j.cole being more entertaining than eminem.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol smh u just brought up melodies which made him pop up in my head, now you say he's trash *confused*

if you into melodies

Wiz >>>>>> .... no?

NO...

he comes off cheezy and corny, im not a fan, only like a couple songs of his..
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lmao at no matter what time of day whenever there is a j cole thread the reason has one lest guest user and day day magically logs in. ? waiting at his computer all day thinking "i wish a ? would make an anti cole thread" crossing his fingers making that wish at every 11:11. Talk about a pitifull ass life haha almost as bad as ? cottons life as a YM groupie.
  • The 3mcee
    edited November 2011
    Options
    and that isn't a problem to me because even though he might not be able to make a commercial song there is times where kendricks ? is better to listen to than coles ? .

side note: i thought section 80 was an offical album?

Yeah I hear you on that. i like both of there music a lot and to be honest I listen to Section 80 more than Sideline Story. I bought 3 Sideline Story albums too. LOL. But I thought Section 80 was just a mixtape and he was working with Dr. Dre on a full length album? IDK I may be wrong
  • DayDay34
    DayDay34 Members Posts: 1,771
    edited November 2011
    Options
    j.cole is just a boring rapping ? . lol at you ? thinking cole is gonna have some kind of jay-z type career. to most he is known as that boring ? who made workout. lol at little white girls singing workout. pop star cole.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i must be the only one who think kendrick is boring
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »

dat ? is boring, i know he can spit, but im not gonna listen to a whole mixtape in one sitting by him
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »

no ur not the only one. and jay elec is too.

kendrick and jay elect are wayyyyyy more borin than cole