What does it really mean to submit to your husband?

Options
raevanaa
raevanaa Confirm Email Posts: 212
edited November 2011 in The Powder Room
I see that referencing Ephesians 5:22 ? a lot of women off because they have an issue with the word "submit".

What does it really mean though, in that context? Here is the verse in its context:
Eph 5:22-24

22) Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23) For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24) Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Comments

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Make me a sandwhich

NO QUESTIONS WOMAN
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Contrary to what these hardheaded females out here think it does not mean to be a slave with no life of they own and to be at every beckoncall. It simply means to respect the man as the head of the household.

Basically women as long as you respect your man. Neither you or him will have nothing to worry about because the respect wont allow the ? to happen in relationships.
  • raevanaa
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just2C wrote: »
    Contrary to what these hardheaded females out here think it does not mean to be a slave with no life of they own and to be at every beckoncall. It simply means to respect the man as the head of the household.

Basically women as long as you respect your man. Neither you or him will have nothing to worry about because the respect wont allow the ? to happen in relationships.

Cosign the bolded...but a lot of females have to start by respecting themselv--oop, that's another thread.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

respect him as the head of your household

be ready and willing to follow the vision he has for his household

• twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »

Exactly.....

Support his decisions
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I am feeling the female responses so far in this thread.....
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    it means pop that ? on command

if you got a problem wit it you can step
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yeah...

too many women take that word "submit" too literal....

SMH @ the lack of analytical skill of some women....
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Why, in 2011, does anyone think that men should be the 'head of the household'?

If I had a family, every member would be equal. My wife and I would make joint decisions for our children only in their bests interests and not for the sake of maintaining hierarchy. Men don't have better judgment than women do, they're not more mature, more wise, more intelligent etc. (at least not on the basis of their being men) so I don't see why they deserve the privilege of being 'head'.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    it means pop that ? on command

if you got a problem wit it you can step

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pico already knows the drill

Now assume the position
  • raevanaa
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »

If I had a family, every member would be equal. My wife and I would make joint decisions for our children only in their bests interests and not for the sake of maintaining hierarchy. Men don't have better judgment than women do, they're not more mature, more wise, more intelligent etc. (at least not on the basis of their being men) so I don't see why they deserve the privilege of being 'head'.

Agreed, but we still live in a society that is male-dominant and most men subscribe to these beliefs. That's why we still "think" it but its not necessarily true in most American households. In most happy marriages, decisions are made mutually.
  • raevanaa
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Whateva u'd do for the Lord, u should be doing for him

U Tithe the Lord? Pay ya mans (? )
    U Clean the Lords House? Bring that bucket back to his house (Maid)
    U singing the Lords praises? Let the neighbors know his name (Freak)

gotta love that the bible is open to interpretation

except for the whole paying a ? and cleaning up churches, I agree.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mikko_ wrote: »
    You're still equal but you let your Man take the lead, there is always going to be a dominant person in a relationship, it's never actually 50-50.

• raevanaa
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So u just gonna omit the parts u don't like?

Do u tithe the lord?
    probably so therefore, where his tithe for the rent/bills?

lol, no, actually I don't go to church and I don't believe in tithing.
    and i don't tithe for the rent/bills, my scholarship pays room and board on my apt so all he has to do is pay the utilities/bills, which are about equal to our rent. We typically pay rent 6 mos in advance at the beginning of each semester.
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Yes........
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

? I don't know

We talking about what the bible says

Not what haute says
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    it means when you walk in the door and he grabs your shoulders don't tense up

be laxed and loose, allow him to fling your body across the back of the couch ass in the air, and let your ass cheeks breathe as he slides his tongue down your back till he reach the front

allowing him to suck your ? until you reach ? , thus prepping the body for the viscous ass thrust he about pound down on you

now that's how you submit
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Acknowledge him as head of the household, and do what he ask you to do (within reason).

I don't see anything in there saying within reason :)
  • Focal Point
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yeah...

too many women take that word "submit" too literal....

SMH @ the lack of analytical skill of some women....

ya ? ? ? up
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Acknowledge him as head of the household, and do what he ask you to do (within reason).

Exactly these two posts right here..
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You eatin ass soon as she walks through the door....no shower or nothing? Now that's some freaky ? .

like that ? nasty like the juice drippin off a garbage truck
  • Focal Point
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You eatin ass soon as she walks through the door....no shower or nothing? Now that's some freaky ? .

Well yeah, common sense has to be a factor, some Women submit to ? Men who lead them into the pits of hell...lmao

lol touche
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    it means when you walk in the door and he grabs your shoulders don't tense up

be laxed and loose, allow him to fling your body across the back of the couch ass in the air, and let your ass cheeks breathe as he slides his tongue down your back till he reach the front

allowing him to suck your ? until you reach ? , thus prepping the body for the viscous ass thrust he about pound down on you

now that's how you submit
    viscous tho?????
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

exactly...and thats how u know if it's meant to be, if you don't agree with anything he says or do, then he's not the one. a woman can't be in a relationship with someone we do not agree with, because we won't submit. lol
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Damn very well put.

In the end, the woman of the realtionship will have to realize that as long as she gives him the respect of the head of household. She truly has control. Most men think in terms of saving face. While most women are cool with a moral victory. She in the eyes of observers he is in control of everything. But behind close doors she has everything under control.