Is Christianity The Filthiest and Bloodiest Religion....a christian's resposne.

Options
2»

Comments

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    SL8Rok wrote: »
    How exactly is my version of christianity "europeanized"?

Bible - European

Greek Septugaint - European

Latin Vulgate - European

King James translators - European

The Word Christianity - European

The name Jesus - European

Cross - European

Easter - European

Christmas - European

corner_dumb_ass.jpg
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    HEHEHEHEHE me got pitbulls on me side!
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited May 2010
    Options
    so to the christian side i say: where in the bible does it say to spread christianity everywhere, that the common man should impose his beliefs on his fellow man. where does it say to be intolerant of other religions. in the old testament, ? did his own work, in the new testament he sent his son to do his work. so where does it say that you can understand gods work and do it by reading the bible and not having met jesus like the gospels and whatnot. saying your doing gods work is pretentious and even blasphemous.
  • And Step
    edited May 2010
    Options
    SL8Rok wrote: »

4. Are you saying there were no black christians prior to slavery? The ethiopic orthodoxy and coptic christian church existed in Ethiopia and Egypt respectively were establish in the first 1-2 centuries after Christ. And europeans didn't give us the bible. The bible is a product of the near east NOT europe. Now you can again assert it was tampered with but you have not shown or proven such.

5. How am studying Jesus within european scholarship? Many if not all the early church fathers were NOT european Moreover why should I disregard european scholarship? You should just come out and say you're a racist.

No of course not. More than likely, Jesus and most of his followers were Black or people of color given the fact that Black people were the original inhabitants of that Land, historically speaking. You don't have to school me on Coptic Chrsitianity, I have been to Ethiopa and have seen many Coptic Christian. He probably looked like this.

haile-selassie.jpg

Europeans did give you the Bible. There was no Bible until they compiled it and added to and took away books. Why the very word Bible is greek in origin. The First portion of the Original Book is called Tanakh, which is a Hebrew acronym for the 3 divisions of the book, which consists of Taurat, Nevi'im, Ketuvim.. Another name for it is Miqra. This was written in Hebrew.

The New Testament was added by Europeans and was written in Greek, not Hebrew. They decided what they wanted in the compilation and which authors to include. Why some of the books, it is not even known who authored them. Koine Greek which was spoken in the Roman Empire, under Roman Authority. The word Catholic(καθολική) comes from Koine Greek. It means Universal. So you are still Catholic. Biggest trick in the world is too make somebody think they fighting you and they are controlling you.
  • And Step
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    HEHEHEHEHE me got pitbulls on me side!

I need some new quotes, H.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    so ethiopia had christianity before byzantium, rome, greece, persia (persia had zoastrinism, same thing) egypt (research the true story of Horus) and....well thats all i can think of. but i do think that Egypt had "christianity" first, as it was the first major civilization due the the nile river flooding and the fertility that ensued due to that
  • Kunty!
    Kunty! Members Posts: 46
    edited May 2010
    Options
    all these people using big words trying to make their points more valid than any one else, but you know whats funny to me, the non-believers are quick to call Christians hypocrites because we try an force our beliefs on others or because of the things PEOPLE do. But those same non believers argue you down for believing in Jesus, that is the same thing you judge Christians for!!! The bible says Foolish is the man that says there is no ? ! How do you know how something is if you have never experienced it yourself. I don't look down on anyone because of what hey believe, i wont force my beliefs on them, but i will tell them about how my life is affected by my faith. And how can you prove there is not ? ? Really , i want a non believer to answer this with facts. Point is we are all still human, flawed in many ways, an just because someone calls themselves a man or woman of ? does not mean they are, and it does not mean they set the tone for the rest. If that's the case all white people could justify treating all blacks wrong because of how they see some act, and we are quick to call them racist. Any one can be a hypocrite, liar, ? . But that doesn't mean they are Christians, many people use that to justify their action, all i know is, what they do, they will have to answer to ? for, it is not my place to judge or place blame when i am not perfect myself. If everyone, period, would not judge, just imagine what type of world we would live in. For me Christianity is about loving unconditionally, period!
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Christianity: [IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k59/mustangjane83/? .jpg[/IMG]

This is a hip hop site.. so my response.. is again,
    RAS KASS - NATURE OF THE THREAT..

google it.. your questions answered.. think about ya ancestors who were forced this or killed if ya didnt complied.. religious folks fear the truth.. maybe if you shut the ? up.. and listen to whats being said.. you would reconsider..

your making your pastors rich going every sunday!! it aint right if your pastors driving a hummer and you still in a honda!!
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    I need some new quotes, H.
    LOL, they're comin'
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Kunty! wrote: »
    all these people using big words trying to make their points more valid than any one else, but you know whats funny to me, the non-believers are quick to call Christians hypocrites because we try an force our beliefs on others or because of the things PEOPLE do. But those same non believers argue you down for believing in Jesus, that is the same thing you judge Christians for!!! The bible says Foolish is the man that says there is no ? ! How do you know how something is if you have never experienced it yourself. I don't look down on anyone because of what hey believe, i wont force my beliefs on them, but i will tell them about how my life is affected by my faith. And how can you prove there is not ? ? Really , i want a non believer to answer this with facts. Point is we are all still human, flawed in many ways, an just because someone calls themselves a man or woman of ? does not mean they are, and it does not mean they set the tone for the rest. If that's the case all white people could justify treating all blacks wrong because of how they see some act, and we are quick to call them racist. Any one can be a hypocrite, liar, ? . But that doesn't mean they are Christians, many people use that to justify their action, all i know is, what they do, they will have to answer to ? for, it is not my place to judge or place blame when i am not perfect myself. If everyone, period, would not judge, just imagine what type of world we would live in. For me Christianity is about loving unconditionally, period!

i attack christianity only when they invite it or someone else brings it up or even when they dare to impose their beleifs on me. and how the heck can we not fight fire with fire? i cant think of a better way to stop the promoting of christianity than to dismantle it by promoting my own views. it is good that you do not impose. but can you see what happened earlier? i asked a valid question and people just ignored. that one and the one i asked after it. are they saying i dont deserve answers or they dont have them?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    did I really come in here and not see Imgoingtoheavenru post
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    haha, i guess the answers arent even in the bible, or if they are, they contradict the opinions of the people reading the bible and are therefore one of those rarely mentioned texts that make christians go "damn, didnt see that coming, howd he know bout that?"
  • SL8Rok
    SL8Rok Members Posts: 154
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Christianity: [IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k59/mustangjane83/? .jpg[/IMG]

This is a hip hop site.. so my response.. is again,
    RAS KASS - NATURE OF THE THREAT..

google it.. your questions answered.. think about ya ancestors who were forced this or killed if ya didnt complied.. religious folks fear the truth.. maybe if you shut the ? up.. and listen to whats being said.. you would reconsider..

your making your pastors rich going every sunday!! it aint right if your pastors driving a hummer and you still in a honda!!

I've already addressed these points in the OP but I'll revisit them anyway

1. Simply because people were professing to be christian while doing everything against what the bible says doesn't make christianity wrong.

2. Nothing is being said other than logically unsound arguments, irrational angry generalizations of christians (especially white christians, even the ones who helped free slaves) and a bunch of lame nonsense that I've seen and heard before.

3. I think it is the un-"religious" who fear the truth. You see you people have developed an air of undeserved intellectuality. You have maintained this pseudo-intellectuality by staying close to people who either

1. Don't know how to defend their belief in ? .

or

2. Who believe the same as you and you two help pet each others false sense of intellectuality.

As far as the truth goes my friend I highly doubt u know anything that resembles the truth.

Actually my pastor does drive a honda. And if you are going to a church that has a pastor that is fleecing the flock, get out of it.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    SL8Rok, the problem with Christianity is that its primary moral lesson is that it's permissible for a completely innocent person to be brutally punished for crimes committed by other people.
  • SL8Rok
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No of course not. More than likely, Jesus and most of his followers were Black or people of color given the fact that Black people were the original inhabitants of that Land, historically speaking. You don't have to school me on Coptic Chrsitianity, I have been to Ethiopa and have seen many Coptic Christian. He probably looked like this.

haile-selassie.jpg

Europeans did give you the Bible. There was no Bible until they compiled it and added to and took away books. Why the very word Bible is greek in origin. The First portion of the Original Book is called Tanakh, which is a Hebrew acronym for the 3 divisions of the book, which consists of Taurat, Nevi'im, Ketuvim.. Another name for it is Miqra. This was written in Hebrew.

The New Testament was added by Europeans and was written in Greek, not Hebrew. They decided what they wanted in the compilation and which authors to include. Why some of the books, it is not even known who authored them. Koine Greek which was spoken in the Roman Empire, under Roman Authority. The word Catholic(καθολική) comes from Koine Greek. It means Universal. So you are still Catholic. Biggest trick in the world is too make somebody think they fighting you and they are controlling you.

1. So then what exactly is the point you are trying to make then, because you keep saying christianity is a white religion when many of the original chrisitans where black and as you say Jesus himself was black (a view I do not hold or really care about anyway) so........what is your point then.

2. Again.....continuously asserting this doesn't change anything. The bible was NOT given to us by Europe. The bible is a product of the Near East. Because it was written in greek reflects the fact that hebrew was becoming a dead language. Which is why the Hebrew OT was Translated into Greek (Septuagint) by Hebrews.

3. And your history/linguistics lesson doesn't prove in anyway shape or form that the bible was put together. As I've shown before the Murotorian Fragment which is the oldest known biblical canon dates to 170 AD. This council of Nicea thing you people love to cling to wasn't to canonize the bible it was to discuss the doctrine of Arianism. And to do so the bible was QUOTED by both parties to prove their points.

4. Even though I think this is a completely facetious argument I'll address it just because......

1. So because Koine Greek was spoken in the roman empire that means the bible automatically was corrupted. Where ever in the bible does ? give preference to the Hebrew language?
    2. Simply because the word catholic comes from greek (the word meaning universal) what does that prove? Nothing. This is a completely facetious argument. This is like when someone told me the bible is Egyptian in origin because the word bible comes from the Egyptian word Byblos. So what? Etmyology doesn't prove causation. And you have universally (or catholically) failed at proving causation.
    3. No I think the biggest trick is you ,someone who doesn't know what they are talking about fooling themselves into believing their non-sense to be true.

• SL8Rok
    edited June 2010
    Options
    so ethiopia had christianity before byzantium, rome, greece, persia (persia had zoastrinism, same thing) egypt (research the true story of Horus) and....well thats all i can think of. but i do think that Egypt had "christianity" first, as it was the first major civilization due the the nile river flooding and the fertility that ensued due to that

I swear I'm going to repost my refutation of this supposed Horus link. The Freemasons gave the masses this little chest nut and no amount of proof will allow them to let that go.

And Zoroastrinism was nothing like Christianity.
  • SL8Rok
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Bible - European

Greek Septugaint - European

Latin Vulgate - European

King James translators - European

The Word Christianity - European

The name Jesus - European

Cross - European

Easter - European

Christmas - European

corner_dumb_ass.jpg

1st the Septuagint was translated in Alexandria not Europe.

2nd the word christian is from Antioch (as that was where they were first called Chrisitans) which is in Turkey which is in between Europe and Asia. Antioch however is more toward Asia than europe.

3rd The bible mentions Easter as a pagan holiday so why Chrisitans are celebrating it is beyond me and there are plenty of Christians (myself included) who don't celebrate Easter or Christmas.

4th The name Jesus is a transliteration

5th Of course the cross is european...the Romans crucified Him (heres a bonus the word crucify is european)

now the big question.....how does any of this prove my faith is europeanized.

if you want to keep making the argument that the bible was given to us by Europe you are going to have to sooner or later provide proof of this.
  • SL8Rok
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If I had a red marker I would x all that ? out.

Name given by who?

Christian was the name given by the enemies of Jesus for his followers, not Jesus. Are you a follower of his enemies or Jesus? Jesus never taught or said he taught Christianity. How could he? Christ is a Greek word(Kristos) Jesus didn't speak Greek. The only time Jesus mentioned what he was taught by name, he called it the Way(which erroneously translators call My name). Those are names you put on your scholarship and attribute it to Jesus. Then you create division on the basis of these names among yourselves. How you going to put Jesus name on something that came from his ? ? He claimed that whatever he taught, he got from his ? .

He never said he was Christian, Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Unitarian, Episcopalian, Lutheran, Adventist, JW, Protestant.

Can Christ be divided? Isn't that what your Bible teaches you?

1. Says who? The bible says it was in antioch that they were first called chrisitans. It says nothing about the person who said that being an enemy of Jesus. Acts 11 starting at verse 25 is where Christians are first called Christians. Please show me where the one who called them this was an enemy of Jesus.

2. Does that really matter? Christianity is only a word referring to the teachings of Christ, and Christian is in reference to one who follows Christ. If you actually focused you arguments on actual facts instead of these lame etymologies you might actually form a decent argument.

3. Which is a translation of the Hebrew word mashiach. What is your point? Jesus didn't speak greek but the WRITTEN language was greek, again which is why the Septuagint was translated.

4. One rule of good debating is to not create arguments that haven't been raised then debunk those arguments. This is called constructing a straw man argument.

5. Of course Jesus wasn't a Christian, it would be pretty hard for Him to follow Himself wouldn't u say?

6. I agree which is why I don't follow any denominations teachings.