Mint Condition - What Kind Of Man Would I Be

Options
2»

Comments

• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Mint Condition play live instruments, just like Earth Wind & Fire, they use instruments that people don't normally use, just like E, W & F.
    That is why I say they are our generation E, W & F, Maze is the 80's version of E, W & F and Mint is the 90's version.
    When you have one of the biggest E, W & F fans in Steve Harvey saying that Mint reminds him of E, W & F, you know it's something there.
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited December 2011
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Mint Condition play live instruments, just like Earth Wind & Fire, they use instruments that people don't normally use, just like E, W & F.
    That is why I say they are our generation E, W & F, Maze is the 80's version of E, W & F and Mint is the 90's version.
    When you have one of the biggest E, W & F fans in Steve Harvey saying that Mint reminds him of E, W & F, you know it's something there.

there's no need to explain it to them, they aint getting it. i'm not even sure they are understanding what an analogy is.
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    So he is the voice of music now? The Roots play instruments so why arent they in this discussion? Just because your not using a mixboard doesnt put you in the same catergory.
  • kataklysm
    kataklysm Confirm Email Posts: 305
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I got the comparison and I know less about Earth, Wind, & Fire than I do about Mint Condition.
    GrizTitan wrote: »
    So he is the voice of music now? The Roots play instruments so why arent they in this discussion? Just because your not using a mixboard doesnt put you in the same catergory.

The Roots are hiphop though..not RnB.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mrjun18
    edited December 2011
    Options
    GrizTitan wrote: »

The Roots are an R&B/soul band?
  • mrjun18
    edited December 2011
    Options
    kataklysm wrote: »
    I got the comparison and I know less about Earth, Wind, & Fire than I do about Mint Condition.

The Roots are hiphop though..not RnB.

Exactly. It doesn't take a genius to understand a simple analogy. People have been saying for centuries about many different things. Whether its a car, a city, an athlete, a musician, actor, etc it doesn't necessarily mean that one is saying "A" is equal to, or comparable to "B".
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • mrjun18
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    your analogy was brought on by a comparison.
    plain and simple, you had to think of one to get the other...
    you had to think about the Band thing...

i mean dude, it's not that hard...

dont know what you mean by i had to "think of the band thing".

r&b/soul band... check
    african american band... check
    self contained..check.
    consistent...check.
    longevitiy..check.
    hits...check.
    similar style (as in the ability to play/adapt to many different genres of music)...check
    etc.

you hear it all the time. whether its quotes like when billboard say something like lady gaga is like a modern version of madonna a while back. doesn't mean she is in any way shape or form on the level of madonna or ever will be, but i guess there's no other way to constantly repeat myself and sound like a broken record to explain what an analogy is.

l.jpg

http://www.grandposts.com/22/post/2011/8/sharing-the-spirit.html

Quoted from Maurice White, of Earth Wind and Fire himself "Mr. White says he was blown away by the remake from Mint Condition, a band he's admired from a distance for years." maybe you'd like to read the paragraphs in the link I posted and see what else he said about the band???

Oh, in case you wanted the definition of what an analogy is: "A comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification."