10 commandments = plagerize or divine?

Options
TX_Made713
TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
http://www.biblicalheritage.org/Bible%20Studies/10%20Commandments.htm

I dont feel like posting no article this time so click to link to read it.

I've heard various times that the 10 commandments we know of today arent the originals. I heard they came from the dead sea scroll, the jews, etc...

so I ask you guys, whats your opinion the true origin of them?

are they to be taken literally or no

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I know the ones we have today arent the originals. They were changed 3 times. The second set was considered the real ones at the time. The set we use today has similarities to the 2nd set but so much extra is added to it. Example

1st the bibles 1st commandment - "I am the LORD thy ? , which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of ? . Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

This says that no one should worship any other gods at all. None. Here is the commandment from the second set of commandments

"I am the LORD thy ? . Thou shalt have no strange gods before Me." You can have gods before him, but they cannot be strange. What is considered a strange ? ?

The bible has an agenda, they work towards something, they drop hints every now and then.

“Even if the Pope were Satan incarnate, we ought not to raise up our heads against him, but calmly lie down to rest on his ? . He who rebels against our Father is condemned to death, for that which we do to him we do to Christ: we honor Christ if we honor the Pope; we dishonor Christ if we dishonor the Pope. I know very well that many defend themselves by boasting: “They are so corrupt, and work all manner of evil!” But ? has commanded that, even if the priests, the pastors, and Christ-on-earth were incarnate devils, we be obedient and subject to them, not for their sakes, but for the sake of ? , and out of obedience to Him.” — St. Catherine of Siena, SCS, p. 201-202, p. 222, (quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 5: “The Book of Obedience”, Chapter 1: “There is No Salvation Without Personal Submission to the Pope”).

Yes evil Satan, if he's real and the pope is him reincarnated, we should worship him. ? out of here. Thats what the dark ages were, a period for them to shove their altered book down peoples throats in an attempt to push the new and brainwash the youth.

If you want the truth go read Fox's Book Of Martyrs. It goes against Catholics and its put together by Christians but once you read it its obvious the two clash because they both had made up books and neither wanted to compromise. Yall couldnt stomach half the ? they did.

EDIT : If anyone reads heres the book I was talking about : http://www.who-is-the-antichrist.org/FoxesBookOfMartyrs.pdf
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I personally don't think the true origin of them overrides the wisdom in them.

I take them literally.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I personally don't think the true origin of them overrides the wisdom in them.

I take them literally.

Really all that needs to be said.