Does anyone miss George W Bush?

Options
2»

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The site CafePress, which peddles political gear of all partisan stripes, reports that "Miss Me Yet?" merchandise is selling at a rate of 500 items per day. Ten of the "Miss Me Yet" items were CafePress best sellers this week.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/miss-me-yet-sales-soar-after-bush-billboard-appears/19363366

a few people do
  • sankara
    sankara Members Posts: 33
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Apart from his weird language that only he could understand, i miss him as much as i miss diarrhoea
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

yeah, the same 25% (give or take) that still loved him when he left office
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL @ thread title, I miss George Bush as much as my last ex, ? that ?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    I miss George Bush as much as my last ex

LOL @ drunkenly calling Dubya on the phone at 3am, beggin him to come back
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i miss the comedy but i always caught myself and thought.. Hey this dude is president this retards makes decisions on who lives and dies and then its not so funny anymore
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Based on the vibe I get from that "Miss Me Yet?" sign, I felt more like it was someone reminding all the people who are disappointed in Obama who the last guy was. In other words "before you say how bad this guy is, think back and remember the last guy"

Of course, I've never really been impressed with the "well, at least he's better than Bush" defense of Obama. There certainly must have been a lowering of the bar at some point between that and "Change we can believe in".
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Love him or hate him, the Bush Administration's, "you elected me, now sit the ? down and let me get on my grizzly" is the attitude that Obama's administration needs. Obama just doesn't have that.

FDR had it
    Kennedy definitely had it
    Lincoln had it.

Obama needs to hire Karl Rove real talk. Or someone like him. Someone that's just hard...BODY! Just don't give a ? . and will step on the toes and suck the ? he needs to in order to get their ? accomplished.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Preference for one president or another is equivalent to preferring one SNL era or cast member or another. Its superficial. At the end of the day, Lorne Micheals run ? . Obama is an actor, just like Bush. Actors dont write scripts, they just act them out. How much does America have to destroy, how far must it sink into destruction before we all admit that Western Liberal Democracy is fundamentally flawed and was designed to support the pre-existing oligarchy. It was never "for the people by the people" from the jump so what do you expect?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Love him or hate him, the Bush Administration's, "you elected me, now sit the ? down and let me get on my grizzly" is the attitude that Obama's administration needs. Obama just doesn't have that.

FDR had it
    Kennedy definitely had it
    Lincoln had it.

Obama needs to hire Karl Rove real talk. Or someone like him. Someone that's just hard...BODY! Just don't give a ? . and will step on the toes and suck the ? he needs to in order to get their ? accomplished.

i actually thought that was the role rahm emanuel was gonna play.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i actually thought that was the role rahm emanuel was gonna play.

Rahm was a big part of getting Healthcare passed. Rahm's great legislatively, but as far as a brilliant political mind, I just don't see one in Obama's camp.
  • earth two superman
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Rahm was a big part of getting Healthcare passed. Rahm's great legislatively, but as far as a brilliant political mind, I just don't see one in Obama's camp.

its because for the most part, they're all newbies. half of bush 2's main staff all served under under bush 1. and they aint do so well under Bush 1, so they learned how to work the game under bush 2.

and i think Axelrod is a pretty smart guy.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited June 2010
    Options
    its because for the most part, they're all newbies. half of bush 2's main staff all served under under bush 1. and they aint do so well under Bush 1, so they learned how to work the game under bush 2.

and i think Axelrod is a pretty smart guy.

Bush 1? Shiiit. Half them ? were under Nixon. They are the epitome of old school.
  • earth two superman
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Bush 1? Shiiit. Half them ? were under Nixon. They are the epitome of old school.

yeah, u are right. Bush had old cats in his wing. Obama put in new school. I guess that's defintiely one way he brought change.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah, u are right. Bush had old cats in his wing. Obama put in new school. I guess that's defintiely one way he brought change.

Obama has a fair amount of Clinton people in his administration, but plenty of his own as well.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

lol. he kept the established people around in the posts that matter

Hillary Clinton - speaks for itself

Robert Gates - worked for the first Bush

Napolitano -- served under Bill Clinton

Geithner -- served under Bush and Clinton while working for the Treasury

Emmanuel - has an extensive history w/ Clinton

I'm sure there are others in lesser positions that have been around the game in Washington prior to Obama being elected.