skip bayless critic of alvin gentry...

Options

Comments

• killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Alvin Gentry sounds like a house n!gga but as far as coaching he did a terrific job with the suns this yr but the suns arent built to win a championship Nash and Stoudemire are like a store brand version of Malone n Stockton
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    House ? .. word.. smh.. yall ? throw around words with no rhyme reason.. or context
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    House ? .. word.. smh.. yall ? throw around words with no rhyme reason.. or context

*shots fired*?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This is Alvin G first year with the Suns and he coached them to the Western Conf Finals. So if he's angry and screw faces more, the Suns would win a championship? Skip Bayless needs to ? -ESPN stay losin.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah.....ok

im just sayin
  • northside7
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How is Alvin a house ******?
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    How is Alvin a house ******?

Who said he's a house ? ?
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Skip is a ? sometimes. This is a pointless topic. Kobe gave him a pat, so what? That doesnt make him a bad coach, what he does with the players and where he takes the team should decide whether or not a coach is bad not some ? nit picky ? like this.
  • john2009
    john2009 Confirm Email Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

skip bayless also critic alvin gentry for saying "kobe is the best bball player" in da world...............he said that gentry shouldnt say ? like that...that how can he be a western finals coach and be all up on kobe's ? ...he also said he should have critized kobe in press conf instead of saying he is da best damn palyer in da world....
  • northside7
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Did skip bayless ever play in the NBA?
  • northside7
    edited May 2010
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    Who said he's a house ? ?

Some other poster said "he sounds like a house ******" thats why I asked the question.
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Some other poster said "he sounds like a house ******" thats why I asked the question.

I said he sounds like a house ? because anytime I pictured a house ? they have that accent, I was not calling him a house ? or saying he acts like a house ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I said he sounds like a house ? because anytime I pictured a house ? they have that accent, I was not calling him a house ? or saying he acts like a house ?

that was equally ?
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    that was equally ?
    I didn't say it was the smartest thing or most politically correct thing it was just my opinion...how dare I...
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    john2009 wrote: »

skip bayless also critic alvin gentry for saying "kobe is the best bball player" in da world...............he said that gentry shouldnt say ? like that...that how can he be a western finals coach and be all up on kobe's ? ...he also said he should have critized kobe in press conf instead of saying he is da best damn palyer in da world....

I can understand what Skip is saying. What everybody seems to forget is that at no point in time did Alvin Gentry ever show that "We need to stomp these dudes out" mentality. Matter of fact, after one of their losses that ? was out signing autographs and ? . Skip isn't just talking about this one game, he is talking about things he saw throughout the entire series. So yeah I see where he's coming from.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if i was on the court and tear apart the d like Kobe did on that play i wouldve have gave the whole suns bench high five and said the game is over that ? was unbelievable
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited May 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    these are the types of debates that have help ruin ESPN

This.......
  • john2009
    john2009 Confirm Email Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    I can understand what Skip is saying. What everybody seems to forget is that at no point in time did Alvin Gentry ever show that "We need to stomp these dudes out" mentality. Matter of fact, after one of their losses that ? was out signing autographs and ? . Skip isn't just talking about this one game, he is talking about things he saw throughout the entire series. So yeah I see where he's coming from.

can u tell me what was that about? that was after game 5 where they lost...i saw alvin go to the suns fan in staples center and was signing autograph...i was liek ? ...u just lost at da buzzer.....
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    can u tell me what was that about? that was after game 5 where they lost...i saw alvin go to the suns fan in staples center and was signing autograph...i was liek ? ...u just lost at da buzzer.....

word, ? was smiling and having a good time and ? ..meanwhile ? in the locker room like
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited May 2010
    Options

peagle05 wrote: »
    word, ? was smiling and having a good time and ? ..meanwhile ? in the locker room like

Lol @ the video. But yeah thats that exact ? Skip was talking about. Could you see Phil doing that? Pop? Jerry Sloan? Stan Van Gundy? Hell would you even see Isiah doing that? No. Great coaches like great players have key body language signals that let you know when they are kicking it into the next gear.
  • smokelahoma
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lol @ the video. But yeah thats that exact ? Skip was talking about. Could you see Phil doing that? Pop? Jerry Sloan? Stan Van Gundy? Hell would you even see Isiah doing that? No. Great coaches like great players have key body language signals that let you know when they are kicking it into the next gear.

so because he doesnt walk around with a dark cloud over his head with a frown and disrespecting players in interviews like Phil Jackson he is a bad coach? like I said, he should be judged on what he does for his team not what he doesnt do to make you believe he is "kicking it into the next gear."
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited May 2010
    Options
    so because he doesnt walk around with a dark cloud over his head with a frown and disrespecting players in interviews like Phil Jackson he is a bad coach? like I said, he should be judged on what he does for his team not what he doesnt do to make you believe he is "kicking it into the next gear."

Are you seriously going to ignore my whole post and acknowledge what another poster's argument was. Again when you rewatch that series that ? was smiling the whole time. I personally think he's a reverend in a coach's position. The ? was signing autographs after a loss.

wheredeydodatat
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I like Gentry but he ? up in game 6, he told his players to play that stupid zone like the Lakers wouldn't have figured it out yet and left guys like Artest open all series. But I never agree with anything Skip says.
  • smokelahoma
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Are you seriously going to ignore my whole post and acknowledge what another poster's argument was. Again when you rewatch that series that ? was smiling the whole time. I personally think he's a reverend in a coach's position. The ? was signing autographs after a loss.

wheredeydodatat

whats wrong with signing an autograph for a dedicated fan? those fans in other states are the ones that ride and die for the team. I dont see anything wrong with that.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Alvin Gentry sounds like a house n!gga but as far as coaching he did a terrific job with the suns this yr but the suns arent built to win a championship Nash and Stoudemire are like a store brand version of Malone n Stockton

Those ? never won a ring either so what you saying?