We all seem to agree that Nas has taken more L's than anyone...

Options
Punisher__
Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Reason
but what is it going to take for him to get a W?

Or is "Nas" and "winning" just not compatible with each other, whatsoever?

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The fact that his catalog ? on anyone else's is a win

nas catalog>>>>_______
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol he married a ? ...... thats his biggest L
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    nas-maxwell-1.jpg
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yeah he easily has the best catalogue in hip hop

only jay z stans and people who follow ic trends say nas lost

its just a corny little played out phrase now
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The alleged L's he takes in his personal life are considered laughable to most on the IC. However, Nas' L's normally result in great albums. Carmen's infidelity with Jay-Z and the subsequent beef brought about Stillmatic & ? 's Son - which also included content about the recent loss of his mother. He can take as many L's as he wants because he takes those and creates good music. The Kelis situation brought about the last Strong Will Continue verse, which was epic.
  • Punisher__
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Is the fact that Jay has a superior catalog a testament to the L flakes that Nas has taken?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Is the fact that Jay has a superior catalog a testament to the L flakes that Nas has taken?

I'm a huge Jay fan....but u can't be serious....
  • Punisher__
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Are people really trying to say that Nas has a better catalog than J-Hova ? ?

Wheredeydodatat?
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    chompollet wrote: »
    lol he married a ? ...... thats his biggest L

^^^^^^^^^^
  • Punisher__
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How do you take the "battle", but end up losing the war?

That's just a lauce, all over the place.
  • BillDance
    BillDance Members Posts: 1,008
    edited May 2010
    Options
    4000 posts since february is a loss
  • Punisher__
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BillDance wrote: »
    4000 posts since february is a loss

^^ Upset stan post.

How about you stop tonguing my ? , and stay on topic.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    looks like pun is gonna calm down his eminem hating and use his amazing troll techniques against nas
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »

nas catalog>>>>_______

Ghostface's catalog >>>>>Gnawse
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nas is top 5 doa but Hovs, Pacs And Scarfaces Catalogs ? Nas's

Nastradamous-Wack(Project Windows Is My ? Though Lol)
    Streets Disciple-Wack
    HHID-Wack(Best Song On The Album Had Jay)

He Always Comes Correct Lyrically But It Takes More Than That To Have A Dope Album
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm associates with a few Queensbridge affiliates, Im sure you have seen the pics of me and Capone, but I also speak to Littles on occasion who's trying to branch out into videography and he told me some very disturbing things about NAS....

Nas thinks.....

1.) If you have never had a million in your bank account you took an L

2.) If you never f*cked an R&B b*tch you took an L

3.) If more than a thousand people dont know your name you took an L

4.) If you haven't traveled to all 7 continents you took an L

5.) If you never met Big L, Pac, Pun, Biggie, and Ol ? Bastard you took an L

6.) If you never made it out the hood, projects, trailer-park, or Barrio you took an L

7.) If you never bought your Mother a mansion, got your Brother a record deal, and did song/video with your Father you took an L

8.) If you have less than 10 Gold & Platinum albums you took an L

9.) If you are not considered one of the best at your profession you took an L

10.) If Nas W's equal 100 pounds and his L's equal 10 pounds while your W's equal 10 pounds and your L's equal 1 pound........

If your best friend on earth died and you had the opportunity to immortalize him on wax what would you do? Ill Will.

It kinda changed my thinking......would I gladly accept all of Nas L's for 1 million in cash and a date with Sade on a yacht in the French Riviera...

....Or should I stick with my W's and just remain another anonymous poster named hrap-120 . on a hiphop website
    :(

Whats the smart choice?
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    How do you take the "battle", but end up losing the war?

That's just a lauce, all over the place.

I don't know about that one. I don't think a war between the two ever existed. The only "war" was between Nas stans and Jay warriors who still continue to count wins and losses between the two years later. None of the wins and losses between them have anything to do w/ music or the battle, it all boils down to: Jay wifing Beyonce, becoming president of Def Jam, signing Nas, owning a club, a team etc. vs. Nas wifing Kelis, signing to Def Jam, and the divorce. None of that is musical. That's not a war. I'm not saying that you are a Jay Z stan, but it's more so people who use their personal lives to somehow compensate for Jay Z being better and winning against Nas.

Catalogs, the battle, and the songs they've done together are fair game since it's all musical. Everybody's gonna always have their own opinion when it comes to things of that nature. As a fan of Nas's music, I can count several musical losses which is mostly attributed to the fact that he leaves his best songs off of his albums. The Lost Tapes are proof of that. Most artists' lost tapes are throwaways, not material that could've made albums better.

I'll close w/ this statement from Nas himself concerning himself: "Multiply my wins w/ losses"---- Nas from Ms. Dynamite's "Afraid To Fly"
  • great l
    great l Members Posts: 393
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nas is still one of the dopest MCs to ever have graced the mic. Yes, he has made some bad choices in picking his women but ? happens to even the best of us. As far as I am concerned, his wins far outweigh his so called losses. Being able to stay relevant after this long in the game, still dropping dope verses and albums, still making culturally relevant tracks, going into battle with one of the dopest MCs and coming out great, still having one of the biggest fanbases in hiphop, etc >>>>>> silly Ls
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »

6.) If you never made it out the hood, projects, trailer-park, or Barrio you took an L

7.) If you never bought your Mother a mansion, got your Brother a record deal, and did song/video with your Father you took an L

10.) If Nas W's equal 100 pounds and his L's equal 10 pounds while your W's equal 10 pounds and your L's equal 1 pound........

]

Cant disagree wit this
  • Gunner J. Matthews
    Gunner J. Matthews Members Posts: 301
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nas favorite movie=Land of the lost

Nas takes an L everytime he talks: "Let me get a chance to talk to Kelis your honorable". That's 4 L's right there...........

Seriously though, Nas is one of the GOATS
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

If your best friend on earth died and you had the opportunity to immortalize him on wax what would you do? Ill Will.

There is not another Nas lost that can compare to this list. I'll gladly take his petty lil l's if you have accomplished all of this.
  • Old Fart
    Old Fart Members Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How did Nas take more L's than Yung Berg? Yall be funny with that "Nas Lost" ? lol
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This was started by butt hurt Jay Z fans around 2002.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Old ? wrote: »
    How did Nas take more L's than Yung Berg? Yall be funny with that "Nas Lost" ? lol

I cosign this message. At least with Nas's petty lil l's we can still listen to his music and consider him one of the greats. Young Berg's L's make it difficult for you to respect him as a man let alone listen to him.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »

nas catalog>>>>_______

yup. having the longest and strongest discography in rap history is a pretty big win.... even if he married a ? . this aint TMZ, im listenin to the music.

Nas>____________