So did cotto basically admit hes not willing to grind out a win?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
and that its easy to make him quit because he has a family.

just watched face off with him a margo and he basically saying that he will not die in the ring. not saying he has too but he does know hes a fighter and it seems like as long as hes winning and beating the other guy to a pulp its all good. but if its visa versa then he has a family to think about. ? should become an accountant. so he just told margo and every other fighter he will go but so far to win or to grind out a win and if the water gets deep hes coming out of the pool.

i thought it was part of the game to go all out.

i think margo already won mentally, all he has to do now is stalk him like the terminator

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I remember watching that after the pacuiao fight, at first I was behind Cotto since I hate Margarito and believe he did cheat, but when he went off about not dying in the ring I just wanted him to shut the ? up he wasnt helping himself, honestly i think if margarito started off by saying I wouldnt die in the ring because of family or whatever cotto would of came back and said he would do anything it takes including dying in the ring to win, no matter what margarito said cotto was gonna go against him
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cotto is shooked
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cottos soul doesnt belong to him. You cant expect him to answer that until he reclaims it
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cottos soul doesnt belong to him. You cant expect him to answer that until he reclaims it

lmao......he has to get that back
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i thought that most fighters fight to feed they family since they making millions

this ? saying pay me but i dont want to work hard for it and hurt myself because of my family.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cotto got shang tsung'd by margarito

yea even if he wont die in the ring, he dont have to let that ? know

keep that ? to yourself

margarito has the deed to his soul

might as well take cotto's fine ? too
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? like cottos wife are a dime a dozen in puerto rico...trust me
    but if hes not willing to die in the ring....why is he a boxer
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    and that its easy to make him quit because he has a family.

just watched face off with him a margo and he basically saying that he will not die in the ring. not saying he has too but he does know hes a fighter and it seems like as long as hes winning and beating the other guy to a pulp its all good. but if its visa versa then he has a family to think about. ? should become an accountant. so he just told margo and every other fighter he will go but so far to win or to grind out a win and if the water gets deep hes coming out of the pool.

i thought it was part of the game to go all out.

i think margo already won mentally, all he has to do now is stalk him like the terminator
    nah thats not what he said.
    let me translate, he meant:
    "when i stood in the pocket and traded with margarito i didnt do so well, in fact i got tagged way more than i should have. this time im not gonna go ? out and feel that i have to be macho and trade with him, i'm going to outbox him and not give him the only chance he has to win.....see the mayorga fight as an example of what i'm going to do on sat"
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yea i seen that ? when i tunedin to pep Gary russell fight this past weekend. Cotto did sound scared

but they replayed the 1st fight and i forget that Cotto was dominating the fight point wise early on. 7th round came and Cotto body just couldn't take it anymore. He just got picked apart the next few rounds til he was done
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    yea i seen that ? when i tunedin to pep Gary russell fight this past weekend. Cotto did sound scared

but they replayed the 1st fight and i forget that Cotto was dominating the fight point wise early on. 7th round came and Cotto body just couldn't take it anymore. He just got picked apart the next few rounds til he was done

i agree....but a real champion like all champions in the past will find a way to win....fukk if your body cant take it....? do more crunches..

cotto cant think on the fly...all he had to do was outbox him...sometimes you need to change gears on the fly and he cant do that....thats why he aint ? now.

cotto had never been a good fighter. he was always a fighter thats good as long as he can impose his will and once you run he has you...but if you dont run...then he doesnt know what to do.