We can't keep ignoring Philip Rivers out chea' playing like Matt Moore and T-Jack

Options
KeepOnPushing
KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
We Bash vick , Romo , Eli when they play like ? but seems like Rivers is sliding by ...i know this isn't "Normal" of him but man this dude is single handedly blowing games for his team, every game i see it's him that's the problem ...wtf is the deal with this guy??

and do you view him as "Elite" i know before this season started a lot of folks had him as a "Elite" QB but right now i cant see that i only think there's truely 3 Elite QB's in Rodgers,Brady,Brees and i dont see him in that class

i try not to let one bad season define a guys career when it's been mostly positive but this dude is playing some ? football right now but why is it that Rivers really doesn't catch as much Heat as other QB's when he ? up?? they talk about him but it seems like barely, but when other QB's ? up they go on and on and on......and ON

the guy has been one of the worst QB's in the league this season

nfl32ot_1101.jpg

Philip-Rivers.jpg

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? , even Matt Moore has been outplaying him during this 6 game losing streak...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    word is it's b/c the got like 6/7 kids at home. he not doing any off the field film study or putting in that extra time that he should be and his game is starting to regress.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    werd hes my fantasy qb this year so ive watched a lot of his games and hes been really ? bad...hes gotta b hurt or something...but his decision making has been terrible too so that excuse only goes so far
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    he been consistently good before this and usually one of the chargers' few bright spots. for now i count this season as an aberration
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Romo and Eli playing waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Rivers...
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    werd hes my fantasy qb this year so ive watched a lot of his games and hes been really ? bad...hes gotta b hurt or something...but his decision making has been terrible too so that excuse only goes so far

Decision making has been the WORST , im like man wtf are u looking at??
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rivers is a joke...has all the tools..but has the IQ of a squirrel.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    he's an ? . seeing his career tank feels like justic to me.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rivers gotta be injured or something because he damn sure not playing like him self ? used to be a regular in the convo of top 5 qb's now hes a joke
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    But not for Vick, though?......

I mean if Vick is the guy who is deemed as can't read blitzes all of sudden, despite last year...why doesn't this guy get the same label??

bow to royalty...you out there?

Nobody deemed that vick can't read blitzes he said it himself that he just started to learn how to read blitzes this year.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    He's hurt still possibly, but I'm guessing it's fustration. He's regressed himself to a simple gunslinger now. He's trying to put the game in his own hands and not trusting his teammates. The result is desperate downfield shots that work sometimes (see Vincent Jackson's stats and average yards per catch) and doesn't work sometimes....well at the worst possible times. (see all the game sealing picks he's thrown)

He's pretty much Cutler during his last season with the Broncos/first season with the Bears. Maybe last year's Drew Brees is a better comparison.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    He's hurt still possibly, but I'm guessing it's fustration. He's regressed himself to a simple gunslinger now. He's trying to put the game in his own hands and not trusting his teammates. The result is desperate downfield shots that work sometimes (see Vincent Jackson's stats and average yards per catch) and doesn't work sometimes....well at the worst possible times. (see all the game sealing picks he's thrown)

He's pretty much Cutler during his last season with the Broncos/first season with the Bears. Maybe last year's Drew Brees is a better comparison.

Drew went 11-5 in a division that featured a Falcons team that went 13-3 and a Bucs team that went 10-6. Meanwhile Rivers can't win a game in the second worst division in football.

So you can't compare a winner to a loser. Plus a lot Drew picks came in garbage time.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Drew went 11-5 in a division that featured a Falcons team that went 13-3 and a Bucs team that went 10-6. Meanwhile Rivers can't win a game in the second worst division in football.

So you can't compare a winner to a loser. Plus a lot Drew picks came in garbage time.

Fair enough.

But he was throwing a lot to win those games because the Saints lost their offensive balance. That's why he has such high attempts and such high picks. The same is sort of happening with Rivers. Tolbert ain't all that, Ryan Matthews keeps getting hurt etc. Rivers is trying to put these games on his back and turns into a gunslinger as a result.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    he been consistently good before this and usually one of the chargers' few bright spots. for now i count this season as an aberration

.............................. he gets a pass for this year and this year only. I think most people think he's in that 2nd tier of qb's and we never know what to expect from that team as a whole so it's not as big of a shock. Vick, Romo, and Eli have shown inconsistencies multiple times throughout each season.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    just remember "everybody" had him as the 5th best qb coming into the year

1a/b peyton..tom
    3 brees
    4 rodger

5 rivers

smh ? had antonio gates and LT on his squad....had an all pro defense to work with....couldn't sniff a championship game

all I'm saying is, as bad as sanchez is, the ? has beat the pats consistently and gone to the afc championship game twice....so miss me with that "he was a rookie, he was just breaking into the NFL" ?

what is rivers excuse for never playing in an important game in his life??? norv turner. ? outta here
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol @ thinking Matt Moore was a good comparison for this thread premise.

Contrary to "popular" belief, Matt Moore is playing above average since he was named starter after Henne's injury.

Rivers just stinks.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? phillip rivers...
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    just remember "everybody" had him as the 5th best qb coming into the year

1a/b peyton..tom
    3 brees
    4 rodger

5 rivers

smh ? had antonio gates and LT on his squad....had an all pro defense to work with....couldn't sniff a championship game

all I'm saying is, as bad as sanchez is, the ? has beat the pats consistently and gone to the afc championship game twice....so miss me with that "he was a rookie, he was just breaking into the NFL" ?

what is rivers excuse for never playing in an important game in his life??? norv turner. ? outta here

To be somewhat fair, P. Rivers had the Colts number for a while..... San Diego's defense would usually get exposed during the playoffs against better comp...... also during the playoffs LT would usually be sitting on the bench with his helmet on due to being "injured". As far as Sanchez goes, that nikka arguably had the best defense in the league (both years) and very good running game to lean on. He basically managed those games to get to those AFC ships, but I do give him credit for that due to his inexperience.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rivers was far from the problem in SD b4 this year......he is having a horrible season this year though no question
    and this lets not pretend like his recievers and gates dont disappear
    and lets not gett started on Mathews
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol everybody so quick to turn on him after one season.

He was killin the game 3 years in a row up until this season. The only QB with a passer rating over 100 the last three years. He also had the best TD-INT Ratio with +59.

Id be shocked if he isnt back to being near or equal to that level next year.
  • hALF_pAST_7EVEN
    hALF_pAST_7EVEN Members Posts: 142 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rivers aint ? without sproles

All his ? ass does is toss it up to his big wrs

And dump it off to his rbs when it aint there

Id cut his ass and get tim tebow
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    and ? was saying he was better than peyton overall last year smh
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    But not for Vick, though?......

I mean if Vick is the guy who is deemed as can't read blitzes all of sudden, despite last year...why doesn't this guy get the same label??

bow to royalty...you out there?

What uuuup? haha. The differene between this year for Rivers, and this year for Vick is how uncommon this is for each of them.

Vick has 11 TD's 11 INT. He's had a season of 15 TD's 13 INT...14 TD's 12 INT. He's right there where he's been before. Last year was the "This is the Vick I've never seen" season. I've given him props for last season too because he played very well.

Rivers is at 16 TD's 17 INT. His worst season of his career is 21 TD's 15 INT. That's the only season he hasn't thrown more than twice as many TD's as INT. So this is something we've never seen from Rivers before. He has sucked this season though. But hat IMO is why this season could be looked at as an aberration for Rivers, but not Vick.
  • bow to royalty
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rivers aint ? without sproles

All his ? ass does is toss it up to his big wrs

And dump it off to his rbs when it aint there

Id cut his ass and get tim tebow

You've made a couple stupid posts...you should stop talking
  • bow to royalty
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't think it's that big of a deal that they aren't talkin about Rivers doin horrible this season. Because let's be honest. When Rivers has been great the past 3 years, they know he's ballin out there, but they don't talk about it. When Rivers lost his WR's and Gates last season, but completed 66% of his passes, threw 30 TD's 13 INT, and threw for 4,700 yards they didn't dwell on how great he was playing with so little help. So the bottom line is just really that they don't talk about Phillip Rivers that much good or bad.

Players like Vick, Romo, and Eli are the opposite. They get talked about ALL the time.