Al Davis made the right move.

Options
_Menace_
_Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Keeping Stanford Routt instead of paying Nnamdi.

I wanted nnamdi to stay but hes been exposed this whole season. Routt is playing better ball then nnamdi and REVIS!

Top5 CB this year.
GO AHEAD AND HATE!

?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1560416&width=628&height=471

[IMG]http://? .static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/OAK/photos/clubimages/2011/11-November/112011-raidersATvikings77--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg[/IMG]

Routt.jpg

Raiders_Vikings_Football_MPD118.large.jpg

Comments

• Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nnamdi is the best corner they ever had
  • _Menace_
    edited November 2011
    Options

no hes not

C-Wood
    Eric Allen
    Willie Brown
    Lester Hayes
    Mike Hanes

are in the discussion
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I thought you were gonna say he made the right move by dying................

never-mind. carry on.........
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lmfaoooooooooooo
    jay83 wrote: »

thought this as well
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    oh....thought you were gonna say to die or somethin
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »

dammit you beat me
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I like Stanford Routt.. honestly, if Nnamdi stayed he would have continued being in everybody's eyes, the best CB in the league alongside Revis.

Lets face it, he shut out Fitz, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson anytime they played, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Marshall... the list goes on.

Right now we could use him, and here's why.

Nnamdi is an excellent in playing bump and run, man coverage.

Routt is good this year, but he still gets burnt, the latest example was Johnny Knox.

And he seems to lose his way when the ball is in the air.

But again, he is playing very well.

Lito Shepperd, now that was a good pickup. I had my doubts dude dropped some INT's but he is a vet if you watch his tackling technique you can see why he been around for as long as he has.

Great technique, and physical despite his size.
  • _Menace_
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    C woodson was that dude in Oakland believe that. Too nice he even played snaps on offense and had other db's shook
  • blank..
    edited November 2011
    Options
    C woodson was that dude in Oakland believe that. Too nice he even played snaps on offense and had other db's shook

Yes he was.

Even on one foot ? was a beast.

He ? the Chefs over more than any other player who played for us.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    I like Stanford Routt.. honestly, if Nnamdi stayed he would have continued being in everybody's eyes, the best CB in the league alongside Revis.

Lets face it, he shut out Fitz, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson anytime they played, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Marshall... the list goes on.

Nnamdi is an excellent and playing bump and run, man coverage.

Routt is good this year, but he still gets burnt, the latest example was Johnny Knox.

Lito Shepperd, now that was a good pickup. I had my doubts dude dropped some INT's but he is a vet if you watch his tackling technique you can see why he been around for as long as he has.

*really watches nnamdi play post*......
  • blank..
    edited November 2011
    Options
    *really watches nnamdi play post*......

The Nnamdi we criticize now is not the same Nnamdi as last year and the years before that, when he was a Raider.

I was just saying he would have maintained his image around the league if he was still with us.

I dont know what the ? Philly was thinking turning a man cover corner into a zone corner.

But judging by the amount of points you ? leak and considering that your DC was an ex O-Line coach (what the ? ), thats sums it up right there.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The Nnamdi we criticize now is not the same Nnamdi as last year and the years before that, when he was a Raider.

I was just saying he would have maintained his image around the league if he was still with us.

I dont know what the ? Philly was thinking turning a man cover corner into a zone corner.

But judging by the amount of points you ? leak and considering that your DC was an ex O-Line coach (what the ? ), thats sums it up right there.

*salutes*. I completely co-sign this ? . I wish you could've seen my face when I heard castillo was the d-coordinator, they could make a gif off that ? .......
  • blank..
    edited November 2011
    Options
    *salutes*. I completely co-sign this ? . I wish you could've seen my face when I heard castillo was the d-coordinator, they could make a gif off that ? .......

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I watched quite a bit of Philly this year..

You ? actually tried to turn the clock back to 02 and make Nnamdi play safety, right?

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA damn, what a mess.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

man i had my cousin out in philly send me a copy of the philly daily news with andy on the cover after that ?

itp1s23s.jpg
  • blank..
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol @ a team called the "Soul" out in Philly.

AFL lost.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I watched quite a bit of Philly this year..

You ? actually tried to turn the clock back to 02 and make Nnamdi play safety, right?

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA damn, what a mess.

they moved him around a lot. Sort of on some c-wood ? but not to that extent. And yes we did play him @ safety. Castillo is out here experimenting with ? for no damn reason. He was trying to move coleman up into the box and drop nnamdi or asante back to play centerfield or safety. Experimenting is all good but I think he just comes up with complicated ? to try in the middle of games. JJ died, Mcdermott decided that he didn't want to blitz as much even though the system JJ ran was clearly effective(this might have also been because our corners were trash besides asante and joselio), and then castillo came in and decided to make us a zone team with two lockdown corners one of which is a ballhawk.... SMFH
  • peagle05
    edited November 2011
    Options
    they moved him around a lot. Sort of on some c-wood ? but not to that extent. And yes we did play him @ safety. Castillo is out here experimenting with ? for no damn reason. He was trying to move coleman up into the box and drop nnamdi or asante back to play centerfield or safety. Experimenting is all good but I think he just comes up with complicated ? to try in the middle of games. JJ died, Mcdermott decided that he didn't want to blitz as much even though the system JJ ran was clearly effective(this might have also been because our corners were trash besides asante and joselio), and then castillo came in and decided to make us a zone team with two lockdown corners one of which is a ballhawk.... SMFH

heres hoping the rams fire spags and he comes back to philly as dcoordinator
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited November 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    man i had my cousin out in philly send me a copy of the philly daily news with andy on the cover after that ?

itp1s23s.jpg

*dead* @ wtf on the cover of the daily news. I wonder if andy though to himself, well he wants to be a d coordinator and he obviously knows what the offensive side of the ball does so he'll know what to do against it.... plus he coached defense two decades ago so he'll be fine....
  • blank..
    edited November 2011
    Options

I think this is a highly likely scenario.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited November 2011
    Options

Man I didn't even think about that. Look @ what he did with the giants d and their front 7 had to make up for their lack of quality corners..... ? would be a perfect fit.....
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Nnamdi is an excellent in playing bump and run, man coverage.

i still miss Lito man...smh
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hell of a move if it happens, ? won't be talking that Nnamdi suck ? next year cuz Spagnuolo will have him in the right positions to look like how he was in Oakland. Plus if they go 1st round LB like a Zach Brown from UNC. Their D will be on the right track again.
  • peagle05
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lito was that ? in philly...cowboy killer
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Lil, young ? post right here.