Once AGAIN Romo is a top 5 QB....Why yall still hating?

Options
will grimey
will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
2ljkpio.jpg

Sure he sometimes misreads defenses and forces throws, but he still knows how to utilize the weapons...Yeah it does help that we ? around and got 2 diamond-in-the-rough beasts in Laurent and Demarco, but we all know he's done better with less. Haters will never be satisfied until he wins a ring, but hell Dan Marino wasn't elite? He just needs to prove he can excel in huge games on a more consistent basis and take us deep in the playoffs. Damn 5 seasons of doing this isn't enough to put him right with the best of the best in the league?! See the problem is Romo's had a few epic failures and bc he plays for the Cowboys its always on major level for the world to see. But it ain't about the fuckups its about how you bounce back from the ? ups... So far so good! Atleast he's doing better than 3 proven Super Champs..

4th in Total QBR (Incorporates the contexts and details of the QB's passes and what they mean for wins)

4th in QB Rating

9th in passing yards

9th in passing yards a game

4th best completion %

7th in yards per pass avg

11th longest pass of the year

5th in TDs

The ONLY ACTIVE STARTING QB with less INTS is Aaron 'I'm the champ ? ' Rodgers

He's only thrown 2 or more INTs in a game TWICE this season. Philip on the other hand....

Team is 1st place in its division(See avy)

35l8cap.jpg

20a8ode.jpg

But with all that being said if this muhfucka ? up bad in the playoffs one more ? time, I'm callin Jerry the next day to talk about Romo's future as a Cowboy...Maybe not legendary but definitely a great QB...

This thread was Michael Vick approved...

MichaelVicksTwoThumbs.jpg

Comments

• ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I dont think anyone every said he wouldnt have the stats, plus he has a talented team around him. Most people go by just what they see. Which is what I do when I talk about Romo. If stats won ship's Marino would have 6.........
  • will grimey
    edited November 2011
    Options
    As far as active QBs, Romo is #3 in career QB rating only after Brady and Rodgers. *Keyshawn voice* Come on maaaan! *Keyshawn voice*
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Brady
    Ben
    Romo?

Hell maybe. He maybe top 5 this year cuz we have hurt QB for the Colts and a QB that's having a bad year Rivers.

But he's not top 5 though fam.
  • ya boi g
    edited November 2011
    Options
    As far as active QBs, Romo is #3 in career QB rating only after Brady and Rodgers. *Keyshawn voice* Come on maaaan! *Keyshawn voice*

Well is you like him having stats and not ships then I love it..... Your team

Cause thats the difference between those 3 QB's...
  • will grimey
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    I dont think anyone every said he wouldnt have the stats, plus he has a talented team around him. Most people go by just what they see. Which is what I do when I talk about Romo. If stats won ship's Marino would have 6.........

But Marino is considered a legendary QB by his peers and most football fans...There's a alotta cats that act like Romo is the worse thing since condoms...You can be a great QB without a Super Bowl win.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    But Marino is considered a legendary QB by his peers and most football fans...There's a alotta cats that act like Romo is the worse thing since condoms...You can be a great QB without a Super Bowl win.

Or you can end up like McNabb...
  • will grimey
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well is you like him having stats and not ships then I love it..... Your team

Cause thats the difference between those 3 QB's...

Ok what about the 3 Super Bowl champs that he's doing better than? (Hasselback, Rapelisberger, Manning)
  • ya boi g
    edited November 2011
    Options

Yea you can..... I just wanna win though. I dont care how many stats my QB got. If Chris Chandler would have won us the ship back in 98 he woulda been the best QB ever in my eyes... lol

And I woulda dared anyone to say sumthin... lol
  • will grimey
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Brady
    Ben
    Romo?

Hell maybe. He maybe top 5 this year cuz we have hurt QB for the Colts and a QB that's having a bad year Rivers.

But he's not top 5 though fam.

When has Romo EVER had a bad year? If Peyton was playing Romo would just be 6th instead of 5th, he's still better than 85% of the rest...Doing that consistently is worthy of HOF...
  • Shizlansky
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
    Or you can end up like McNabb...

Marino and Mcnabb at least got to one.

Romo? Naw he can't even win a playoff game.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dude seriously???

I'm a Cowboys fan and I've lost hope in him... Danny White is proud of him but I'm not
    Had it been any other QB on Miami we would lost and you know it... Dude just don't got it
    Cowboys will go as far as Murrey and our D goes... If any one dont show up we're not going far in the playoff
  • Shizlansky
    edited November 2011
    Options
    When has Romo EVER had a bad year? If Peyton was playing Romo would just be 6th instead of 5th, he's still better than 85% of the rest...Doing that consistently is worthy of HOF...

Is a real good QB not top 5 though.

A HOF player naw bruh. Be gotta at least patch up his playoff record first.
  • will grimey
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yea you can..... I just wanna win though. I dont care how many stats my QB got. If Chris Chandler would have won us the ship back in 98 he woulda been the best QB ever in my eyes... lol

And I woulda dared anyone to say sumthin... lol

lol Ay I feel ya bruh, Quincy Carter leading us to a ship would've been crazy. but at the end of the day its a bout getting paid and being immortalized. Best way to get immortalized is either break records, win a SB, or get into the HOF.

Question, since as a fan you just want to win, would you rather have Tim 'I keep pullin wins out my ass' Tebow instead?
  • Shizlansky
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Its funny that Romo is doing good since they started taking the ball out of his hand.

I'm just saying.
  • will grimey
    edited November 2011
    Options

what do you mean he's already won a playoff game....Do you not remember the asswhooping we put on the PEagles?
  • will grimey
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Its funny that Romo is doing good since they started taking the ball out of his hand.

I'm just saying.

Its funny he has just as many passing attempts as he did in the BEGINNING of the season....Do ya homework...
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

At least they won the wildcard in the 09 playoffs... ? all over McNabb and the Eagles. Then old man Favre destroyed us...
  • will grimey
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Is a real good QB not top 5 though.

A HOF player naw bruh. Be gotta at least patch up his playoff record first.

Naw Im not saying he is yet but he has potential. atleast 3 more seasons like his past few and a ring would solidify it tho...Definitely gotcha straighten outta that playoff record..
  • Shizlansky
    edited November 2011
    Options
    what do you mean he's already won a playoff game....Do you not remember the asswhooping we put on the PEagles?

I know he won ONE. I live in Dallas.

Shots fired at peagle.

But one ain't no where near enough bruh

Let's say he top 5 but there's a dramatic drop from the top 4 and the rest of the League
    After Rodgers, Brees, Manning, and Brady and maybe Ben (cuz he so clutch) its a toss up.
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So who has he really beaten this year? just the niners, every other team are around .500 or below he beat the teams they were expected to beat. YOu can't be top 5 when your coach don't even trust you with the ball in your hands in the fourth.
  • ya boi g
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol Ay I feel ya bruh, Quincy Carter leading us to a ship would've been crazy. but at the end of the day its a bout getting paid and being immortalized. Best way to get immortalized is either break records, win a SB, or get into the HOF.

Question, since as a fan you just want to win, would you rather have Tim 'I keep pullin wins out my ass' Tebow instead?

Tebow is winning but I don't think that style of offense can last long. Kinda like Miami with the wildcat. They ran that ? a lot that year they went to the playoffs and it got shutdown the first round. Then the next year they came out and everybody was stopping it. Thats how I look at Denver right now. Unless that defense holds teams to 15 points a game(which is what they have been doing), I dont see him winning many games down the road. Jump out to far on them and they are in serious trouble because they not gonna score fast or often.
  • Shizlansky
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Its funny he has just as many passing attempts as he did in the BEGINNING of the season....Do ya homework...

Took the ball out his hand in the 4th. When it matters.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think when it comes to knowing the offense like the back of his hand and understanding defenses Romo is on the level of the elite guys . However Romo seems to have performance anxiety ( Like Lebron ) when the pressure is on. Hopefully he can over come that this year cause really the only team I am scared of in the NFC is the Packers . And they can be slowed down enough if Romo eliminates mistakes we can make a serious run . As a Cowboys fan I still dont trust that ? tho .
  • will grimey
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Took the ball out his hand in the 4th. When it matters.

Thats bc we already have the lead and just need to wear the defense down and run the clock out. Why wouldn't they run the ball more? they got a young, strong O-line complete with a decent FB and a beast ass HB...Now that i realize your team is the Saints I now understand. You're used to seeing a QB pass 60 attempts a game..
  • will grimey
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    I think when it comes to knowing the offense like the back of his hand and understanding defenses Romo is on the level of the elite guys . However Romo seems to have performance anxiety ( Like Lebron ) when the pressure is on. Hopefully he can over come that this year cause really the only team I am scared of in the NFC is the Packers . And they can be slowed down enough if Romo eliminates mistakes we can make a serious run . As a Cowboys fan I still dont trust that ? tho .

co-sign...I'm hoping that anxiety thing ain't the case but this season will most def prove it. My gut is telling me the Saints will upset the Packers in the playoffs...The secondary are the ? I dont trust...