Lil' Kim/Ray J throw shots @ Nicki Minaj..Aubrey(Drake) & Nicki respond..

Options

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lil-kim-hating-nicki-minaj.jpg
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lil-kim-hating-nicki-minaj.jpg

LOL, and dudes are still trying to say "What is Nikki takin from Kim". As soon as she stepped on the scene I knew she was a Kim Clone as far as how she presented herself. Her rap style is hers but her style is all Kim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44fXvSbVbHs

Lil Kim featuring Biggie - Drugs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nikki's Career.
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ray j. and drake are the ones who need to fall back. this "beef" don't concern them
  • _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    edited June 2010
    Options
    nicki throwing the subliminals @ kim through pics.....

nicki posted this twitpic today of her with lil kim's former manager d-roc

x2_18886c8
  • stringer bell
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL, and dudes are still trying to say "What is Nikki takin from Kim". As soon as she stepped on the scene I knew she was a Kim Clone as far as how she presented herself. Her rap style is hers but her style is all Kim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44fXvSbVbHs

Lil Kim featuring Biggie - Drugs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nikki's Career.

so far thats true...
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    I backed up my statements fam. Kim never had a gold certified album in 05 ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil%27_Kim_discography she didnt go gold in the US but she did worldwide so she went gold. & the second sentence is fallacious ur taking a small point of my argument (one thats inconsistent) & are trying to use it to discredit my entire argument. u have to pay attention to the big picture - the entire argument not pick parts that u think are easy n give u confidence to rebut.

& kim & foxy never did it together, ur judged by how u end things not by how u start them. those 2 have competed w/ each other since the beginning. & foxy & kim arent the same, if u want to measure influence u can still create a thread asking whos the bigger artist lil kim or foxy brown. & ill bet that 9 outta 10 posters will say kim (w/ all due respect to foxy). those 2 do not have the same influence on Nicki Minaj or the general public.

@ post about stalling - trying to slander & disrespect ppl only makes u appear dumber. Which is not a good look for a guy who proclaims to be well-known & well respected in The Reason. If your gonna join Jamaica's tournament debate then u are gonna have to be able to stay on topic and not go off on tangents or pick bits and pieces. You went from Nicki Minaj & Kim to Foxy & Kim. I believed you to be an intellectual (& i still do) u can go harder than this Brother. This isnt the Punisher i know from the GnS.

You're still incorrect.

First off, for the 20th time. I picked out the statement in your post that was directed towards ME. I'm not concerned about any other points you thought you made because they had ZERO to do with me and my comments.

Secondly, The Naked Truth does not have ANY type of certification from the RIAA. So no, it wasn't certified Gold. You were wrong when you first made that proclamation, and you're still wrong now. Restricting your argument from domestically to worldwide doesn't change the fact that YOU ARE WRONG.
    http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=SEARCH_RESULTS

Third, Kim and Foxy did do it together because they came on the scene at the exact same time. You can't give full credit to Kim without ignoring Foxy, and vice versa, because they're nonsensical arguments. They came on together, and they did it together. Period. And being the bigger artist has NOTHING to do with influence, because popularity and influence are not interchangeable. Nicki Minaj (and Trina) have both cited Foxy as an inspiratin...so clearly, Foxy has been just as influential to these new age rap chicks as Kim apparently was.

Fourth, I'm not participating in the Debates anymore.
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yes Kim and Foxy came at the same time but in the beginning on the "I Shot Ya Remix", Foxy was on some Thug ish where as Kim was on some fashion ish on the Junior Mafia album a whole year before Foxy was doing that. But I agree with you that Foxy was right there cause she was. Aiight guys, Lil Kim has just done a radio interview about Nikki, Drakey done messed up, you don't throw shots at the Queen, lol:

edc0793509a027c4f27d0110.L.jpg

nickikim-e1270243979120.jpg

http://www.vimeo.com/12325775

"If you gonna swagger jack someone styles, pay homage" - Lil Kim
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    For someone who is apparently a "legend", Kim has to be the most insecure person in the game right now.

First off, what eats at Kim is the fact that Nicki pays homage to Foxy, and not her. It's so obvious.

Second, she's just using Nicki's name to make herself relevant again. It's a sad day for hip-hop when "legends" have to start taking ? shots.

Kim is pathetic.
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I was at the concert last night and i tell you this new school of female fans of rap will make sure at the end of this beef Nicki ends up on top. Her applause and screaming during her set was almost as loud if not the same as when draked preformed. Regradless of how good lil kim is (and i think lil kim is better) theese new female fans love nicki and are going to buy her album and support her shows for a while. Last night show me how powerful the female market can be because they will buy albums, go to shows and support an artist financally allot more than guys. That concert was probally 60-70% women.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Monizzle wrote: »
    I was at the concert last night and i tell you this new school of female fans of rap will make sure at the end of this beef Nicki ends up on top. Her applause and screaming during her set was almost as loud if not the same as when draked preformed. Regradless of how good lil kim is (and i think lil kim is better) theese new female fans love nicki and are going to buy her album and support her shows for a while. Last night show me how powerful the female market can be because they will buy albums, go to shows and support an artist financally allot more than guys. That concert was probally 60-70% women.

Thassit? Nicki Minaj is fine, but there are only a few things I'd pay to watch her perform (A concert is not one of them)
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited June 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Thassit? Nicki Minaj is fine, but there are only a few things I'd pay to watch her perform (A concert is not one of them)

when i bought my tickets she wasnt even on the lineup i wanted to go see B.o.B drake lloyd banks and ludacris then a few weeks after i got tickets they added nicki minaj
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    im goin to avoid response #1 b/c were not talking about u personally. we're talking about the issue - stay on topic.

we were talmbout Nicki Minaj & Lil Kim and then kim not being relevant anymore , but to bring this back to the your point that ur critiquing, gold or not it doesnt discredit lil kim's status or wat shes accomplished, no other artist went plat in 2006 but thats another argument. My original statements still stand - u have not been able to refute any of my original points. suure her last album didnt go gold or plat but it does not discredit lil kim nor my arguments. she paved the way & is still at a level most female artists in hiphop will never attain. shes still to be respected & is still relevant. her getting signed to Roc Nation alone speaks volumes.

kim & foxy did not work together to make each other successful. they were friends at one point early on & broke up. we can say that the beefs they had w/ each other helped them in that context but it is inconsistent or fallacious to make an assertion (like u were implying) that b/c 2 ppl came out at the same time that they did it together. at the end of the day the 2 arent the same & neither are their accomplishments. & yes being the bigger artist does denote more influence. does Common have nearly as much influence as kanye west ? Does Nas have as much influence as Jay-Z - influence to where Jay-Z can inspire fashion trends (button-ups & fitteds) ? maybe Nas can w/ his own fanbase but not on a mainstream level. Jay could get Oprah & Larry King, Nas most likely not - thats influence. Nobody is the same. Stay on topic, the music industry isn't the "general public", in the music business popularity IS influence. If we were using a diff't medium ur point would stand.

Now as for the influence on Nicki Minaj i always felt that a picture was worth a thousand words - see Rapmastermind's & stringer bell's pics posted above. NUFF SAID. but u can still slander my posts lol.

Nope. I'm done because that's not even my style.

Good luck to you in the debates.
  • stringer bell
    edited June 2010
    Options
    [video=vimeo;12325775]

interview with Lil Kim where she talks about Nicki Minaj.

“If your gonna swagger jack somebody and take their style at least pay them respect and homage” – Lil Kim....
  • KingNative
    KingNative Members Posts: 135
    edited June 2010
    Options
    First & for most BROOKLYN ALLDAY

Kim, Foxy & Lauren are the queens of the game period. There's many more but those three are the ones that stand out to me. That Jew, Canadian square is feeling himself far too much & same with the Kim wannabe Nicki. Nicki has been biting Kim since she came into the game. The Barbie thing, the wigs, helll, even the "Sucker free" mixtape cover was biting Kim's "? " album cover. Kim has been around for damn near 14yrs, she's seen ? get hot for a minute then disappear..Nicki's no different. Let's see where Nicki is in 5yrs let alone 14.. She hasn't even sold a record yet...cut it out please.
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2010
    Options
    KingNative wrote: »
    First & for most BROOKLYN ALLDAY

Kim, Foxy & Lauren are the queens of the game period. There's many more but those three are the ones that stand out to me. That Jew, Canadian square is feeling himself far too much & same with the Kim wannabe Nicki. Nicki has been biting Kim since she came into the game. The Barbie thing, the wigs, helll, even the "Sucker free" mixtape cover was biting Kim's "? " album cover. Kim has been around for damn near 14yrs, she's seen ? get hot for a minute then disappear..Nicki's no different. Let's see where Nicki is in 5yrs let alone 14.. She hasn't even sold a record yet...cut it out please.

Co-signs. WTF is Drake doing dissing Lil Kim? getting in the middle of "Female" beef is very, well FEMALE. This is not the press Drake needs before his album drops. He just needed to come up here to NY and do Summer Jam to keep the buzz going. Now Jay Z is going to have to smack him up back stage. You don't diss Hov's artist espeically when they were discovered by his mentor, friend and Hip Hop Icon and Legend B.I.G., especially when Lil Kim put Jay Z on her debut album before he was even a household name. What's funny is the 1st Platinum album Jay Z was ever on was Lil Kim album, there's some Hip Hop trivia for you. Nikki been biting Kim from Day 1 and now she has the face the consequences. I'm glad Lil Kim is speaking up, I'm tired of the new generation getting away with swagger jacking.
  • KingNative
    edited June 2010
    Options
    my last post for now but if this thread is still up later ill be back.

ok missy has i think 7 albums 7 kim only 4. but still missy hasnt outsold kim that significantly. Missy has only sold about 4 million albums more than kim. still missy has maintained a low profile whereas kim has blown up on every level. missy is definitely up there but im still puttin Lil' Kim above her. The beatles & elvis outsold Michael Jackson but are they better than Michael Jackson ? Jay-Z has outsold Tupac Shakur & Christopher Wallace but is Jay better them both ? I see ur point w/ missy but overall it doesnt discredit Kim's status.

Jay said that he's at 35 million worldwide. Pac is at 75 million son. Get your numbers right please
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Jay said that he's at 35 million worldwide. Pac is at 75 million son. Get your numbers right please

correct, Hov hasn't Outsold Pac, only Eminem has:

Em - 80 Mil
    Pac - 75 Mil
    Hov - 50 Mil
    Big - 30 Mil

That's the males but if you look at the females Worldwide Numbers:

Lauryn (including Fugees) - 30 Mil (Solo 13 Mil)
    Salt N Pepa - 15 Mil
    Missy - 12 Mil
    Lil Kim - 10 Mil
    Eve - 6 Mil
    Foxy - 4 Mil

Nikki got a long damn way to go before she can even be mentioned in the same sentence of Lil Kim.
  • KingNative
    edited June 2010
    Options
    correct, Hov hasn't Outsold Pac, only Eminem has:

Em - 80 Mil
    Pac - 75 Mil
    Hov - 50 Mil
    Big - 30 Mil

Yep!!! Congrats to Em on that too!
  • KingNative
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Co-signs. WTF is Drake doing dissing Lil Kim? getting in the middle of "Female" beef is very, well FEMALE. This is not the press Drake needs before his album drops. He just needed to come up here to NY and do Summer Jam to keep the buzz going. Now Jay Z is going to have to smack him up back stage. You don't diss Hov's artist espeically when they were discovered by his mentor, friend and Hip Hop Icon and Legend B.I.G., especially when Lil Kim put Jay Z on her debut album before he was even a household name. What's funny is the 1st Platinum album Jay Z was ever on was Lil Kim album, there's some Hip Hop trivia for you. Nikki been biting Kim from Day 1 and now she has the face the consequences. I'm glad Lil Kim is speaking up, I'm tired of the new generation getting away with swagger jacking.

It's a typical "man of the moment" case. He fails to understand that as hot as he is now, a year in the rap game is a LONG TIME. He can go from hot to cold in the space of two years. The Nicki & Drake fans are bandwagon riders. They will be quick to jump to the next bandwagon once their "buzz" runs out. That's why I respect Kim & Fox, their still relevant after 14yrs. Don't let the hype fool you these clowns will be outta here in less than four years.
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yep!!! Congrats to Em on that too!

em ain't did ? ...how long pac been dead and this cat just now barely catching him...damn i wish it was some real ? in the game to call these funny style rappers out..if pac called out nas, mobb deep, etc..imagine how he would be ? on these funnystyle ym and eminem type cats
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It's a typical "man of the moment" case. He fails to understand that as hot as he is now, a year in the rap game is a LONG TIME. He can go from hot to cold in the space of two years. The Nicki & Drake fans are bandwagon riders. They will be quick to jump to the next bandwagon once their "buzz" runs out. That's why I respect Kim & Fox, their still relevant after 14yrs. Don't let the hype fool you these clowns will be outta here in less than four years.

Yea, I hope Drake understands the rap game chews up and spits out emcees every damn year. Again he will have to face the consequences for his actions. I don't think Hov will appreicate him Dissing Kim especially after being on his album and everything. Again I think Nikki and Kim was cool at first but I'm hearing Nikki was talking reckless and saying she started the "Barbie" Ish and that ? Kim off:

NM7-1.jpg
  • KingNative
    edited June 2010
    Options
    onepunch wrote: »
    em ain't did ? ...how long pac been dead and this cat just now barely catching him...damn i wish it was some real ? in the game to call these funny style rappers out..if pac called out nas, mobb deep, etc..imagine how he would be ? on these funnystyle ym and eminem type cats

Calm down son. Pac's my G.O.A.T. and selling 75 million records along with em's 80 million is unheard of in Hip Hop. No big deal.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol @ this.

Lil Kim, Ray J, Nicki minaj and Drake.

Half of these people are irrelevant and the other half needs to go away.
  • KingNative
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yea, I hope Drake understands the rap game chews up and spits out emcees every damn year. Again he will have to face the consequences for his actions. I don't think Hov will appreicate him Dissing Kim especially after being on his album and everything. Again I think Nikki and Kim was cool at first but I'm hearing Nikki was talking reckless and saying she started the "Barbie" Ish and that ? Kim off:

NM7-1.jpg

I'm sure he'll figure it out when it's to late & he's not "relevant" any more. He won't hear it now though, he's to busy getting his ego polished by every DJ /groupie/yes man in the country. Drake & Nicki are out of their league when it comes to Kim, one ? album & their goners. Silly wabbits.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Why is Drake jumping in the beef of these females?