First Dinner Date

Options
haute
haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Powder Room
How many of you reach for the check

Or at least pretend to reach for the check at the end of night

How often do you pick up the tab for a potential boo (or baby daddy for some), if at all

Comments

• DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    how many of you reach for the check

or at least pretend to reach for the check at the end of night

how often do you pick up the tab for a potential boo (or baby daddy for some), if at all

... Who ever asked to go on the date has 2 pay...

Or

yall can just go dutch so that way, nobody owes nobody nothing
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    im always willing to pay but if hes asked me out then i assume its on him
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I couldnt even look at myself in the mirror If she paid for the first dinner date.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I got way too much swag to let a girl pay for me in public, even if its not on a romatic level. Unless she's fat.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    First date..never.

I don't mind paying occasionally if we're dating though.
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Here's the rules:

I got first date.
    After that, its dutch until we ? .
    If i get head, i'll pick up 75%
    I ? , i got the whole check.

? ? Engagement ring.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Here's the rules:

I got first date.

? ? Engagement ring.

if everybody thought like this id be on!
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Here's the rules:

I got first date.

Engagement ring? ? .
    fixed and cs playbwoi
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    BigNorm is hilarious!!!

Anyhoo, I've never payed, attempted to or pretended to pay for a first date.

A few dates down the line, I don't mind paying at all. I'll even get the tip. LOL
  • NYCeeCee
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ... yall can just go dutch so that way, nobody owes nobody nothing

So, if you pay for Dinner, she owes you something? Interesting. Is her debt based on what she had? Like if she had chicken fingers, she owes you a kiss, but if she had the lobster, she owes you head?
  • PaperChasin
    PaperChasin Banned Users Posts: 325
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I always come up out my pocket regardless of the scenario. That's just how I was raised, but once the shorty is my girl and we're official, well then she can pay once in a while and show me that im worth spending money on as oppose to gettin a free ride every time we go out. When my shorty takes me out it doesnt go unnoticed and its greatly appreciated, as it should be for all men.
  • Pocahontas.
    Pocahontas. Members Posts: 133
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I've never paid but I've always offered to pay.
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    fixed and cs playbwoi

lol, i see what you did there...
  • NYCeeCee
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I always come up out my pocket regardless of the scenario. That's just how I was raised, but once the shorty is my girl and we're official, well then she can pay once in a while and show me that im worth spending money on as oppose to gettin a free ride every time we go out. When my shorty takes me out it doesnt go unnoticed and its greatly appreciated, as it should be for all men.

This is how my man is. He always makes a big deal when I take him out. I do it every month to show my appreciation and he always acts like its the frst time I've done it. its funny to me. hahahaI
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited December 2011
    Options
    that's the first genuinely nice thing i've ever seen you say on this forum
    lol, i see what you did there...

:)
  • PaperChasin
    PaperChasin Banned Users Posts: 325
    edited December 2011
    Options
    that's the first genuinely nice thing i've ever seen you say on this forum

Smh @ you thinkin the internet is real, and that im some narcissistic scumbag that enjoys insulting posters intelligence while simultaneously gettin em all riled up and emotional. The truth is im the total opposite of what u read in my posts, the only thing is that I rather not share my life and thoughts on real life situations with avatars on an internet forum. I rather just act an ass, hence why most my post are in Donkey. A "legend" once said, never mix ur personal life with the internet and I agree with him, however I am more of me when I post in the G&S, for the most part, and also when I send out pm's to a selected few. But ya, dont take my posts at face value, im really a nice guy in RL.. sorry for the essay, but ur post hurt my feelings.. *sad face*
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yeah I'd pay. Why would I be on a date w/ a girl that I wouldn't wanna pay for??
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Smh @ you thinkin the internet is real, and that im some narcissistic scumbag that enjoys insulting posters intelligence while simultaneously gettin em all riled up and emotional. The truth is im the total opposite of what u read in my posts, the only thing is that I rather not share my life and thoughts on real life situations with avatars on an internet forum. I rather just act an ass, hence why most my post are in Donkey. A "legend" once said, never mix ur personal life with the internet and I agree with him, however I am more of me when I post in the G&S, for the most part, and also when I send out pm's to a selected few. But ya, dont take my posts at face value, im really a nice guy in RL.. sorry for the essay, but ur post hurt my feelings.. *sad face*

lol shut up ?
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    nyceecee wrote: »
    so, if you pay for dinner, she owes you something? Interesting. Is her debt based on what she had? Like if she had chicken fingers, she owes you a kiss, but if she had the lobster, she owes you head?

ha.. Naw. Im just speakin in general..

Some men think that a woman owes them some once they have spent any amount of money...

I don’t mind payin on the 1st day...

I just gave that example so that the 2 parties would be "clear" minded.. Because it will comedown to "dam, i done bought/paid for this, she need to give me something"
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I've never paid for a first date, but I don't mind paying after that though....
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I usually pay for the first date just because thats not the type of issue I want to raise on our first outing.
    After that If i feel like your mad selfish then I will just cut off any future attempts to hang out and find someone else.
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited December 2011
    Options
    first dates I always pay in fact usually the first 4-5 dates I pay, but after that it bounces back. With my current girl I pay for dinner/lunch and when we go out to the movies about 70% of the time and my girl will pick up the tab the other 30%
  • twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    im always willing to pay but if hes asked me out then i assume its on him
    This here.....

If he is paying I always make sure I have enough to cover the night
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'll keep it real, I've pretended to reach for the check. Never had to actually follow through with it though. But I don't ask men out so it's supposed to be on them anyway.

I have no problem treating once in a while in a relationship.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Here's the rules:

I got first date.

? ? Engagement ring.

Lmao - do they have to sign a consent form with this?