CHRISTIANS, HOW DO u FEEL ABOUT HAVING WEAPONS?

Options
DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Guns, knifes, whatever for protection...?

Yes i believe in ? and he will protect his people and whatever is gone happen, will. But i also belive in protecting yourself, your fam and home with weapons if need be.

Im sure if someone is fighting you, u aint just gone stand there and start praying, you done defend yourself and try to kick they ass right?

So do yall (christians) think it's anything wrong with having guns, ect?

Comments

• Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

Yes i believe in ? and he will protect his people and whatever is gone happen, will. But i also belive in protecting yourself, your fam and home with weapons if need be.

Im sure if someone is fighting you, u aint just gone stand there and start praying, you done defend yourself and try to kick they ass right?

Why would you think that Christians are against self defense?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't think any religious person should be allowed to have weapons, ? just might "tell" them to do something. Religious people are unstable.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    "? talks to you. Unless he's telling you to do some crazy ? , then you're just crazy".
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Be ye perfect! Follow the way!! Die for the worlds sins!!!
  • DRO
    edited December 2011
    Options
    plutarch wrote: »
    why would you think that christians are against self defense?

cause.. Several christians that ive asked this question to said that they dont need a gun and what is gonna happen is gone happen
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

Just do what the scriptures say...

Matthew 5:38
    Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
  • needmorecash
    needmorecash Members Posts: 253
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i keep a gun. i hope i will never have to use it..

i heard a bishop david evans say in dare to be a man. . that even david going against goliath brought his sling shot . .he didnt just go with a prayer. . .the power was not in the sling shot but he would of been nieve going about it any other way like heads up
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

So you accept the fact that no ? can miraculously save you from oncoming danger?
    You're saying you have no faith in ? to protect you?

It's simple. He doesn't exist
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So you accept the fact that no ? can miraculously save you from oncoming danger?

Lol if he had faith he would turn the other cheek.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The crucifixion was an extreme example of how humans 'nail' other humans to the 'cross' in persecution. The crucifixion was a symbol for the last useless journey people need to take, it represents release from fear to anyone who understands it.

Everyone has acted as if they were being crucified. This is a marked tendency of the 'separated', who always refuse to consider what they have done to themselves. Projection means anger, anger fosters assault and assault promotes fear. The meaning of the crucifixion lies in the apparent intensity of the assault of some of the Sons of ? upon another. This of course should be fully understood this is impossible.

Assault can ultimately only be made on the body. There is no doubt that one body can assault or destroy another body. Yet destruction of the mind is impossible, therefore the bodies destruction does not justify the anger. So the message of the crucifixion was intended to teach that it is not necessary to perceive any form of assault in persecution, because you cannot be persecuted. If you respond with anger you must be equating yourself with the destructible and are therefore regarding yourself insanely.

This is why Jesus did not respond to them in their verbal words and ? damage done to the body. Because they had in effect done nothing to him. And because he did not share in the worlds perception of persecution he did not strengthen it. If you react as if you are persecuted, you teach persecution. This is not a lesson you should want to teach to realize your own 'salvation'. Realize your own perfect immunity which is the truth in you and realize you cannot be assaulted.

With that being said, though that is the example to follow, and forgive them for they know not what they do, I don't know if I could contain my human tendency toward violence if push came to shove..
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

I have faith that any harm that comes my way that i will leave out as the victor and protect me and my family like Yah did for his people thousands of times in the scriptures and give the glory to him afterwards.

My ancestors owned weapons and so do I. Come around me or mines with ill intent, SMH
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

LOL......I notice religious people are the biggest hypocrites for one simple reason......even they don't believe half the ? that's in their holy books.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    I have faith that any harm that comes my way that i will leave out as the victor and protect me and my family like Yah did for his people thousands of times in the scriptures and give the glory to him afterwards.

My ancestors owned weapons and so do I. Come around me or mines with ill intent, SMH

• Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    LOL......I notice religious people are the biggest hypocrites for one simple reason......even they don't believe half the ? that's in their holy books.

Cosign

If you're a good Christian and you know you are followin the word of ? then why do you fear death?
    Youre gonna be goin to the holy kingdom for all eternity when you die so why sweat it?

I think deep down even most Christians believe that a lot of their beliefs are kinda silly..........
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cosign

If you're a good Christian and you know you are followin the word of ? then why do you fear death?
    Youre gonna be goin to the holy kingdom for all eternity when you die so why sweat it?

I think deep down even most Christians believe that a lot of their beliefs are kinda silly..........

The Most High also gave common sense/a brain as well..if a person intends to do harm or intent to ? , why sit there and get taken out?
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Nothing wrong with owning a gun depending on your intentions.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited December 2011
    Options
    wmj710 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with owning a gun depending on your intentions.

Exactly.............................
  • DRO
    edited December 2011
    Options
    so you accept the fact that no ? can miraculously save you from oncoming danger?

dude shut up.. Please...
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Most High also gave common sense/a brain as well..if a person intends to do harm or intent to ? , why sit there and get taken out?

if you think you are going to a eternal heavenly kingdom after death then why are you not following this scripture below?

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
  • DRO
    edited December 2011
    Options
    cosign

if you're a good christian and you know you are followin the word of ? then why do you fear death?

I think deep down even most christians believe that a lot of their beliefs are kinda silly..........

who wants to die?.. Like yeah, i know heaven is waiting on me, but who says " yep,im done on earth, pls ? me"
    humans have fear and emotions.. So of course, if 100 ufc fighter were gonna jump you, wouldnt you get scared?
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Clearly Christians really don't believe in the Bible... Lol

they're just indoctrinated and refuse to research past that book.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What difference do it make what a Christian feels? Where does the Bible condemn the possessing of a weapon? It's not the weapon it's how it's used.

The Word of ? is referred to as being a weapon itself in scripture and Christians are told to use it. But Negros don't feel that there.
  • DRO
    edited December 2011
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    if you think you are going to a eternal heavenly kingdom after death then why are you not following this scripture below?

19 Or know ye not that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have from ? ? and ye are not your own; 20 for ye were bought with a price: glorify ? therefore in your body. (1Co 6:19-20 ASV)

Not only are we to take care of our bodies and the life contained. We have an obligation to preserve the body and life of other people. Psalm 82:4 even cites an obligation to protect those who are in danger:

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and needy; Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked.

Consider also Proverbs 24:11, which indicates we have a duty to preserve the lives of those who are harming themselves:

Proverbs 24:11 Deliver those who are drawn toward death, And hold back those stumbling to the slaughter.

Ezekiel 33 is a well-known passage:

Ezekiel 33 "... 6 'But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand.'

If you know danger is coming to others, and you deliberately fail to warn the others of the danger, you are guilty of harming the victims. This is not to say that you can make people heed your warning. The surrounding verses also say that if the people refuse to heed the warning of the watchmen, the watchman is not guilty if they are harmed.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited December 2011
    Options

becuz nothin that happens to you on Earth means anything
    you're gonna spend eternity in paradise lol
    so if somebody is gonna ? you, you might as well let them
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited December 2011
    Options
    who wants to die?.. Like yeah, i know heaven is waiting on me, but who says " yep,im done on earth, pls ? me"
    humans have fear and emotions.. So of course, if 100 ufc fighter were gonna jump you, wouldnt you get scared?

I never said anybody wants to die... I said WHY FEAR death?

I don't think Christ walked around sayin "damn I hope I don't get crucified today" lol

Humans have fear and emotions
    Humans also have envy, hate, and anger... which are emotions that you aren't supposed to give in to

so why give in to fear.....
    if 100 UFC fighters are about to jump you, use ? as your shield... he'll protect you in this world and the next as long as you have faith

so it may be safe to say that if you fear DEATH, then your faith in ? needs to be a tad bit stronger

People who fear death are the same people who would deny Jesus in the face of persecution

also fearing death does not keep death from knoccin on your door
    fearing 100 UFC is not gonna keep them from goin up in yo azz

if you fear death then maybe you are insecure and unsure of which direction you might actually be goin when you die