What's with mf's walking around rocking USPA/BHPC thinking it's RL Polo

Options
123457»

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    "...You're caught up in dress codes/ I'll shop at Walmart..." - Nujabes "Think Different" (Feat. Substantial)

Maybe it's my age... But why even care? If you lookin clean, then that's all that matters. I'd rather wear a plain Faded Glory polo over a RL polo and keep that extra $75 in my pocket.

RL has a fit that I don't think I'd find with a walmart polo. Not to mention there's an overall matter of quality, which Lauren has the edge on as well. Nonetheless, I don't buy things for the logo. I check for Lauren cause of my own positive experiences with their clothes in the past, but if there wasn't a little horse on the front I'd still buy that ? .
  • fltransplant
    fltransplant Members Posts: 76
    edited June 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    RL has a fit that I don't think I'd find with a walmart polo. Not to mention there's an overall matter of quality, which Lauren has the edge on as well. Nonetheless, I don't buy things for the logo. I check for Lauren cause of my own positive experiences with their clothes in the past, but if there wasn't a little horse on the front I'd still buy that ? .

c/s. I won't buy certain brands of jeans either cause they just fit me wrong. RL makes great clothing. I find with clothing you'll get better quality for the dollars you spend, but I'll shop just about anywhere. Some of my favorite gear comes from TJ Maxx or Kohls. Hell, I get compliments on 2 of my watches all the time and they from Target...
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »

have you ever tried one on? I'm being serious too.

I had that same mentality when I was younger, that ? had to be of a certain brand 'cause there was "quality" and "fit" issues with oother brands.

Well... If that was the case, then Nike is ? , Adidas is random in fit, and only New Balance and Avia make good running shoes with Reebok making the best basketball shoes. Nike has a horrible fit on my feet and I gotta try on a half dozen Adidas styles before I can find one that even remotely fits my foot right.

Don't get me wrong here, there's nothing wrong with wanting to throw on some designer gear, but from my personal experience, in day-to-day living it don't even matter anymore. In the part of the corporate world that I'm in, no one gives two ? about a designer name except the women. Dudes in here rock whatever makes 'em look presentable... most of the time.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    these lames out here rockin U.S. polo association or some ? that tj maxx and marshalls sells like its dope

i hardly even wear polo anymore

polo aint ? either

step your ? clothing game up rookies

^^^ Been sayin this since 07. This polo ? is ? in Philly. ? just steal a wardrobe's worth from an outlet and put on some scuffed Timbs and think they movie stars or some ? .
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    polo assassin is a poor man's regular polo, cant knock the hustle
  • FrozenMind
    FrozenMind Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    have you ever tried one on? I'm being serious too.

I had that same mentality when I was younger, that ? had to be of a certain brand 'cause there was "quality" and "fit" issues with oother brands.

Well... If that was the case, then Nike is ? , Adidas is random in fit, and only New Balance and Avia make good running shoes with Reebok making the best basketball shoes. Nike has a horrible fit on my feet and I gotta try on a half dozen Adidas styles before I can find one that even remotely fits my foot right.

Don't get me wrong here, there's nothing wrong with wanting to throw on some designer gear, but from my personal experience, in day-to-day living it don't even matter anymore. In the part of the corporate world that I'm in, no one gives two ? about a designer name except the women. Dudes in here rock whatever makes 'em look presentable... most of the time.

Cause when you hit a certain status you don't need that ? to be a baller.
    Thats why you see old white dudes in benzes wearing flip flops, sweatpants, an shirts from wal-mart.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FrozenMind wrote: »
    Cause when you hit a certain status you don't need that ? to be a baller.
    Thats why you see old white dudes in benzes wearing flip flops, sweatpants, an shirts from wal-mart.

That's my neighborhood/community in a nutshell. You got dudes driving busted ass raggedy sanford and son lookin trucks around all day long and old camary's with dented hoods and faded paint.

Peep them same dudes on the weekends tho: Gallardo convertible, Audi R8, SL500 or something of the sort but STILL steppin out in Faded Glory or "George" walmart gear.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    "...You're caught up in dress codes/ I'll shop at Walmart..." - Nujabes "Think Different" (Feat. Substantial)

Maybe it's my age... But why even care? If you lookin clean, then that's all that matters. I'd rather wear a plain Faded Glory polo over a RL polo and keep that extra $75 in my pocket.

co sign the bold
  • boog9104
    boog9104 Members Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You ? know uspa been aroun the longest right its like lil kim and nikki minaj folks like the bs cuz ither ? c/s on it
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Exhibit a>

0530001221a.jpg

shots fired!
  • TylerTexas
    TylerTexas Members Posts: 1
    Options
    USPA was came first the Ralph Lauren second. My family wear both brands, I don''t see anything wrong with it. Just because we buy USPA does not mean that we can't afford the BHPC brand. And if you shop for deals you can find BHPC on sale, you just have to search through the racks.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LMFAO at Eastlands

Pulls out the FUBU boots, Helly Hansen, Mecca, and Paco Rabone fleece.

? eastland are still dope im treally thinkin bout coppin some oh and HH coats use to be the ? man. i stole one once red white and blue joint.

28gxmo8.jpg

? the eastlands with the strap with a ivy crew or duck head polo straight 8th and 9th grade
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall do know USPA was founded in 1890 and is the official brand of the United States Polo Association right? Backwards ass thinking these days...
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see how time makes any brand better. Its all about preference. I like most polos. Nautical got them for cheap and a Walmart polo will do too. I'm particular about color and patterns but brand doesn't matter much
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear Ralph Lauren do this ? just to sell it to us. Dudes been wearing the same ass Polo shirts since the 90's. You can go straight to T.J. Maxx and get the real striped Polo with the horse on it with no problem way cheaper. People who really got money wear Polo shirts that don't have the horse on it. I'm glad Im not a label ? .
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deeroc22 wrote: »
    Dont get me wrong yall.... you always get what you pay for.

But i wouldnt pay for half the ? thats hott now

That's why I haven't bought a pair of Jordan's or any basketball shoes that cost more than 80 since like 04 when the bottom if my 12s started comin apart while I was hoopin