ActioN Figures/Replica Belts

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
Anyone an avid collector? Or even buy them for your kids?

When I was a kiddo I had 100+ figures, had all the WWF era stars and early 80's cats. 4 rings, tons of weapons etc..

Just this Christmas I bought my son a WWE ring w two wrestlers and the kid WWE title.

Looking to get a lot more.

I seen this Macho Man/CM Punk pack, $50. Definitely getting that, it's sold out though

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    growing up me and my older cousin had tons of WWF toys he had much of the 80's stuff while i had more of the 90's toys and rings..

80 rings were like baby/sky blue hollow bottom
    90 rings u could store toys in it
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    as a yout, i had bare figures, had a couple rings but them ? broke. now a days i collect the replica championship belts. them ? hard n heavy as a ? ? . i got the "eagle winged" heavyweight title (90's) n the intercontinental title(90's)
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    DSC00528.jpg

This is the two I had, and the other two were the WWF attitude era rings.

The figures now and then are different. I had a many wrestlers who were rubber/plastic. The 80's wrestlers were plastic and only their upper bodies ever moved, left to right for clotheslines, punches etc. Then I had many plastic ones which were improved

Now they're all bendable in any way. The flex ones are nice, wish we had those as a kid.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    new wrestling action figures suck. they all have the joints and bendable ? . thats wack. the all rubber ones were way better because even though they couldnt bend at the knees 90 degrees and ? , when you did moves it looked a lot more realistic. like putting someone in the sharpshooter, or an ankle lock, etc. plus the rubber was just better, the plastic they use now is wack.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited December 2011
    Options
    vibe86 wrote: »
    dsc00528.jpg

this is the two i had, and the other two were the wwf attitude era rings.

The figures now and then are different. I had a many wrestlers who were rubber/plastic. The 80's wrestlers were plastic and only their upper bodies ever moved, left to right for clotheslines, punches etc. Then i had many plastic ones which were improved

now they're all bendable in any way. The flex ones are nice, wish we had those as a kid.
    thats the ring im talking about lol

and yea i remember the action figures top half would only move, i remember ultimate warrior arms would move up and down only in the gorilla press motion
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I gave away all my action figures but kept all my wrestlers. They're in my storage now. I started out with the huge rubber WWF figures from the mid 80s then on to the short plastic ones from the late 80s and early 90s that didn't move below the waste. I had the original gray ring, broke that, then got the blue ring with the flag somebody posted.

Had that ring forever, put some logos from WWF Magazine and dressed it up real nice. Then I had a few of the hard rubber joints from around 96 to 98 but grew out of collecting wrestling figures by then. My cousin had a lot of those hard azz WCW joints that didn't move at all and he had the steel ring they had for them. I used to hate getting them sh!tz thrown at me!

I do get an itch to buy some of the legends releases they have now tho.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited December 2011
    Options
    wwf-vintage-wrestling-buddies-set-lod-hogan-savage-wwe_110696158320.jpg

remember these
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    wwf-vintage-wrestling-buddies-set-lod-hogan-savage-wwe_110696158320.jpg

remember these

Hell yeah!

Just read a bit ago they might bring those back, "wrestling buddies"...
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i remember that big plastic ring with the huge rubber wrestlers. i used to love simulating battle royals with them.

i used to stack two rings on top of one another and make a Bunkhouse Stampede like the old NWA days.

i didn't like the fact that i couldn't move the rubber wrestler's arms and legs, so I used to make my GI Joe's wrestle because they had ALL range of motion. I used a shoe box top at the ring, drew a logo in the center and all that. And for steel cage matches, I used the actual shoe box and cut a door in the corner to make the escape or they had to climb over the top and out to win.

i used to be ? when the rubber band inside of the GI Joe that held them together popped. Them ? crumbled and there was no way of putting them back together unless you used super glue to use them again, but they couldn't bend anymore.

The AWA had figures to, but they all had two types of bodies, jacked to the gills or the broad chest with flat stomach. The only difference between all their figures were the colors and the heads. Some ? came with cloth robes like Ric Flair and Larry Zbyszko, but was the only difference. You really couldn't do nothing with those figures but collect them.

but the best was wrestling on mattresses and winning homemade belts made out of card board boxes and aluminum foil and trash bag ties to keep the belt around your waist.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    i remember that big plastic ring with the huge rubber wrestlers. i used to love simulating battle royals with them.

i used to stack two rings on top of one another and make a Bunkhouse Stampede like the old NWA days.

i didn't like the fact that i couldn't move the rubber wrestler's arms and legs, so I used to make my GI Joe's wrestle because they had ALL range of motion. I used a shoe box top at the ring, drew a logo in the center and all that. And for steel cage matches, I used the actual shoe box and cut a door in the corner to make the escape or they had to climb over the top and out to win.

i used to be ? when the rubber band inside of the GI Joe that held them together popped. Them ? crumbled and there was no way of putting them back together unless you used super glue to use them again, but they couldn't bend anymore.

The AWA had figures to, but they all had two types of bodies, jacked to the gills or the broad chest with flat stomach. The only difference between all their figures were the colors and the heads. Some ? came with cloth robes like Ric Flair and Larry Zbyszko, but was the only difference. You really couldn't do nothing with those figures but collect them.

but the best was wrestling on mattresses and winning homemade belts made out of card board boxes and aluminum foil and trash bag ties to keep the belt around your waist.

lmao, story of my young life...

It's funny when you don't have ? else to make the match so you improvise lol I had casket matches w little tin card boxes, legos were boxes/glass that they were thrown into lol lol I even had 3 guys w white shirts that moved all around, they came w some bikes (like finger boards but finger bikes) that I got one year for xmas so I drew black lines on their white tees and they were official refs lol, they got ? up all the time.

The G.I. Joe ? is true, one that broke that was it, ? made me LOL literally.

The homemade belts were the best. I had made this one cut out that was pretty big, almost like the WHC, and I tinfoiled it up, sprayed it gold and drew on some pretty dope design and that was the neighborhood belt. We had an abandoned house we always went to and in the house there was 5 mattress', the people who left left a lot of ? . So we made a ring out back, and we had matches for days.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lol i actually watched it
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ? I had all dem hoes in da early 90's.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Picked up on Punk, Taker, Orton, Edge, Barrett, Mysterio, Cena, Shaemus w WWE title and Kane.

Just ordered elite 12 Kane, hard to find in stores. In the Elite Series 12 I always see ADR, Orton and two others but Kane is mad hard to find. He comes in his debut attire (full mask, one sleeve missing). Found him online though, last one and I paid $48...
  • VIBE
    Options
    Just ordered Punk/Macho Man pack. Macho man has the old school winged eagle belt. Everywhere it's $50 but I got it for $33 (after s/h)
  • VIBE
    Options
    6592877055_db9cebd382_z.jpg

cm-punk-mach-man-wwe-twin14.jpg

Looking to get Ultimate Warrior next....
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    they need to bring back that wing eagle belt
  • VIBE
    Options
    Would've been nice to have brought it back w Punk as the Champ after he went MIA after MITB.
  • VIBE
    Options
    pTRU1-17141138dt.jpg

Headed to Toys R Us now for this.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to have royal rumbles
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    We were broke so we had bootleg wrestling figures like El Dorito and La Frito and ?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We were broke so we had bootleg wrestling figures like El Dorito and La Frito and ?

Those masked generic wrestlers that used to come 5 in a pack for 7.99 was the ?
    They jobbed a lot in my matches though
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    Options
    Had to order that DB.

$39 instead of $20.

Meh, couldn't find it and all the stores (Toys R Us, it's an exclusive) said it's super popular and many are looking for it.

So, I said ? it, ordered on Toy Wiz.

? ? .
  • VIBE
    Options
    I'm about to make Punk and DB tag champs.