Your thoughts on Voodoo.. and if any, experiences

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
anyone? hello?

Comments

• musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    through my matrilineal descent, I have connections to Vodoun practitioners from the Gulf of Mexico.
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Voodoo or Hoodoo?

I checked em both out, different religions and beliefs have always interested me so yeah, like I said, I read up on them a bit and ? man, if it worked, ? would be cool, be on some Harry Potter ? castin spells, curses and hex's and ? . And ? maybe it does work for some people but being that its a black thing from the slave days, I think it's a good idea for me not to ? with it haha.

? that Papa Doc dude practiced it durin his little reign of terror and had zombies under his control apparently, now I gotta say, I wouldnt mind my own personal zombie slaves ahha.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No issue with it. Anything we can do that excedes a physical boundary and crosses over into that energetic forcefield is amazing. Some people may hate it because they believe in the Satan and think its tapping into connection with it but personally if it does work I think its just a way of using your mind to do things its capable of that the normal person cannot do yet. As for personal expierience never, I want to see it come to light and work, but I would never sit through a 5 hour long ritiual when nothing will happen.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Voodoo or Hoodoo?

I checked em both out, different religions and beliefs have always interested me so yeah, like I said, I read up on them a bit and ? man, if it worked, ? would be cool, be on some Harry Potter ? castin spells, curses and hex's and ? . And ? maybe it does work for some people but being that its a black thing from the slave days, I think it's a good idea for me not to ? with it haha.

? that Papa Doc dude practiced it durin his little reign of terror and had zombies under his control apparently, now I gotta say, I wouldnt mind my own personal zombie slaves ahha.

No different than the zombies you see walking around all over the place here. Don't let them over dramatize the difference between zombies and sheeple people who can be influenced by a box in their living room. Same ? , different toilet. This ain't Dawn of the Dead lol
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    No different than the zombies you see walking around all over the place here. Don't let them over dramatize the difference between zombies and sheeple people who can be influenced by a box in their living room. Same ? , different toilet. This ain't Dawn of the Dead lol

Yeah yeah, I didn't mean no "undead" zombies, I just ment like "mind-less controlable beings" and apparently he had them through his voodoo practices. Who knows.

Either way though, if it works and I'm sure voodoo does for some (to an extent), then it'd be cool. Cool as ? .
  • Chike
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah yeah, I didn't mean no "undead" zombies, I just ment like "mind-less controlable beings" and apparently he had them through his voodoo practices. Who knows.

Either way though, if it works and I'm sure voodoo does for some (to an extent), then it'd be cool. Cool as ? .

That's my point. It does work, and it's taking place right in this very society. You know how they do, they call it something else whenever THEY do it or they deny practicing it altogether. MTV is voodoo. lol Their version of it.
  • KLICHE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    MTV is voodoo. lol Their version of it.

Funny but true
  • KLICHE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Voodoo or Hoodoo?

I hadn't heard of hoodoo, or if i had, forgot.. will have to check it out
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    My teammate ? with dis ? from new orleans and he broke ha heart and she was like i now voodoo and for the next year all type of bad ? happened to him
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Dope religion.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    why is voodoo always associated with black old people? thats a weak stereo type
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Voodoo or Hoodoo?

...Why? You're not black?

And no, no personal experiences, besides me hearing that people I know of (Not personally) in my community practice Voodoo...
    No issue with it. Anything we can do that excedes a physical boundary and crosses over into that energetic forcefield is amazing. Some people may hate it because they believe in the Satan and think its tapping into connection with it but personally if it does work I think its just a way of using your mind to do things its capable of that the normal person cannot do yet. As for personal expierience never, I want to see it come to light and work, but I would never sit through a 5 hour long ritiual when nothing will happen.

...Agreed, though I'd probably do the bolded once in order to learn more about it.
    Chike wrote:

Agreed.
  • Dade Countess
    Dade Countess Members Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think voodoo is dope. It's interesting to me because of its African roots. Many slaves came to the new world that practiced voodoo or some form of mysticism...that's where we get all that screamin, shoutin, and holy ghost stuff from. I wish Black people would take the time to know the roots of the people that came before us, because these days a lot of black people are white washed and ignorant in regards to their own history, and they don't even know it.
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The thought of "raising the dead" or even "speaking to the dead" freaks me out.. but on a psychological form, its quite interesting how a normal human can create so much energy to make the environment change or the things around it move... Imagine harnessing such "powers"? Although, voodoo, i believe,most of it is mental.. You believe what you wanna believe.. you believe if you've been hexed then you will run into several events that may support that idea.. The drugs, the plants, even the smoke they take in may give you that LSD buzz.. hence that zombie state..

i think it is possible to "feel" the outerbody experience in voodoo and alter the environment.. telekinesis and all that, i believe in that 100%.. anything is possible.. universe is filled with unexplained energy forces.. in due time, someone will figure it out..
  • TX_Made713
    edited June 2010
    Options
    if voodoo is in our roots, why does ? consider it evil
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Because our ancestors were evil.....Plain ans simple.....This is why we are in America now.
  • KLICHE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    My teammate ? with dis ? from new orleans and he broke ha heart and she was like i now voodoo and for the next year all type of bad ? happened to him

what type fo things???

curious.. cos i had dated a girl who was little eerie to me at times saying down the line she could see spirits.. and i thought and was just casue me and her drank alot.. but anyway, after we split 2.5years later and i got myself together i still have no luck and am really spooked by her behaviour
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    what type fo things???

curious.. cos i had dated a girl who was little eerie to me at times saying down the line she could see spirits.. and i thought and was just casue me and her drank alot.. but anyway, after we split 2.5years later and i got myself together i still have no luck and am really spooked by her behaviour

People who want more in life make their own luck.
  • elliott_argon
    elliott_argon Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    one of my profs was a priestess (?), she spent a little time here and there breaking down african traditional religion, it is true that african spiritualism certainly had an impact on the formation of black christianity in the us
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    is an african religion, particularly from the dahomey and other related peoples/regions. "Voodoo" is basically the english language version of the same word. Very real. There is no "good" or "bad" in it --it can be used either way depending on the intent and nature of the person performing it. Any kind of "magic" is basically manipulating non-physical forces and energies for various purposes, just like you can channel electricity into a toaster or refrigerator, or how a light bulb can be 15 or 75 or 100 watts--depending on how much power it is prepared to channel. Things can go wrong when you try to put a 76 watt bulb in socket intended for 60 watts (energies can get out of control).

Common components: communication with ancestors, use of roots or other earth-based components with certain aspects, plus various symbols and so forth--and the power or suggestion.
  • TX_Made713
    edited June 2010
    Options
    post evidence that voodoo is real, like a video of a ritual being performed
  • Chike
    edited June 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    post evidence that voodoo is real, like a video of a ritual being performed

All you gotta do is watch Super Sweet 16 on MTV and you'll see a bunch of children zombified to the fullest.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It isn't real.

That's the bottom line.
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    post evidence that voodoo is real, like a video of a ritual being performed >>>>>>>>

This is one of those things where you either know or you don't...believe as you will, or not....because almost nobody who's legit is going to be filming a real ritual. And the results of the ritual are what really counts (after the fact), not the ritual itself....like getting good grades because of consistent study habits (abstract, not quite accurate analogy but the best I could think of right now). No one is pulling down shadows and lighting from the skies and making the dust rise up and swirl...you get the picture.
  • TX_Made713
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »
    post evidence that voodoo is real, like a video of a ritual being performed >>>>>>>>

This is one of those things where you either know or you don't...believe as you will, or not....because almost nobody who's legit is going to be filming a real ritual. And the results of the ritual are what really counts (after the fact), not the ritual itself....like getting good grades because of consistent study habits (abstract, not quite accurate analogy but the best I could think of right now). No one is pulling down shadows and lighting from the skies and making the dust rise up and swirl...you get the picture.

so its one of those you have to "believe" aka its real in your mind, like religion.

got cha