"Why do people hold ? responsible for bad actions"

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
On FaceBook my brother-in-law, who is a youth pastor, had this to say:
Why is that people hold ? responsible for the bad actions, choices and decisions of some so called "Christians"? It puzzles me. We would never intentionally imprison someone for a crime they did not commit. So why do we imprison ? with people's actions. I would never hold you accountable for something you didn't do. So why do so many hold ? responsible for so many things He did not do? If your view on ? is solely dependent on your views, opinions and perspectives on people (even "Christians") then prepare to A. Be to be highly disappointed (because no one is perfect) And to B. Never recognize or know the TRUE character/nature of ? .

I responded w:
Why do people hold ? responsible for good actions?

He responded w:
Because James 1:17 talks about how every good and perfect thing is from ? . When people do wonderful things it's rare, but I believe those are acts of ? . But ? is good. When people are self-centered, judgmental, hypocritical, hateful etc. They are definitely not acting on behalf of ? .

We've gone back and forth before, recently on Christmas Eve.

What I don't get is why people can hold ? responsible for the GOOD, but never the BAD. Clearly in the bible ? does do the "BAD" things, such as the killing/slaying of the Egyptians and their babies.

And the underlined bolded, that is what exactly the bible ? is.

So why can ? not be held responsible for the bad that happens in peoples lives if he is truly the creator of everything and the chess player of it all?

Comments

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Amos 3:6
    Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Isaiah 45:7
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    Amos 3:6
    Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Isaiah 45:7
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

[/thread]

thank u for savin me the time havin to look up that last verse..
    if ? gets the glory for good he gets the blame for bad..
    its only right..
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Must be that time of year again.....smh @ ya'll still taking those verses beenwize posted out of context and don't even know Aramic/Hebrew.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Must be that time of year again.....smh @ ya'll still taking those verses beenwize posted out of context and don't even know Aramic/Hebrew.

So what is it suppose to say or mean?
  • toomy
    toomy Members Posts: 369
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? gave everybody free will. If you stand on top of a ledge of a 50 story building and then jump off who are you going to blame? ? or yourself?
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why would someone need to know an ancient language to understand those verses?

And how is it taken out of context when it is posted as is?

If you would like to break it down you are free to do so.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    "youth pastor" is just about the scummiest thing i can think of that isn't illegal
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    So why can ? not be held responsible for the bad that happens in peoples lives if he is truly the creator of everything and the chess player of it all?

life is easy. in the most basic sense there's only one rule: don't go to war against your Creator. If u do, u will most certainly lose. many ppl still war against Him and end up bringing all kinds of evil about. so how would that the Creator's fault?
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I agree that this is all confusing. I do not understand it either.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    if you have a "? loves us all" view of ? , you're probably not attributing the bad stuff to said ? on principle at that point
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why would someone need to know an ancient language to understand those verses?

And how is it taken out of context when it is posted as is?

If you would like to break it down you are free to do so.

Because (1) the translators did screwed everything up TRANSLITERATING from Aramic Hebrew and Koine Greek to English and (2) people need to know the difference between exegesis and eisegesis when knowing what the Bible says:

The translators added "evil" in that scripture when in reality in Hebrew the word "rah" (mistranslated as "evil") is used in the Bible different ways..it actually means "adversity", "affliction" or "calamity" i.e. bad, sorrow, mischief woe, grief etc. The Hebrew word "shalom" is peace, prosperity, well-being etc.. which is the opposite of "rah"...so basically Isaiah in that verse was speaking in the contrasts mentioning light (peace, well being, prosperity) and darkness (calamity, affliction, adversity), as well the Most High being the creator of the natural sources of light and darkness. i.e. Genesis 1:1..so technically sense the VIBE86 is right... but the Egyptians had errs against them: the slavery and captivity of Yah's chosen people, and pride not acknowledging so yeah in a sense The Most High "permitted" those "afflictions, sorrows and griefs" on them (the plagues, deaths of the 1st born). So contextually it was speaking in creating calamity, distress etc..not "evil" in the moral sense. Most of the "evil" aka calamities on men is the result of our own actions therefore The Most High "permits" it.

Plus there are scripts in the Bible that speaks on The Most High's goodness and stance :

“The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; a ? of faithfulness and without injustice, righteous and upright is He," (Deut. 32:4).
    "Thine eyes are too pure to approve evil, and Thou canst not look on wickedness with favor," (Hab. 1:13).
    life is easy. in the most basic sense there's only one rule: don't go to war against your Creator. If u do, u will most certainly lose. many ppl still war against Him and end up bringing all kinds of evil about. so how would that the Creator's fault?

Basically said what I said, but in less words.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If ? permits evil, he is basically doing evil, since his is supposed to be omnipotent and omniscient. To him, on that level of being, permitting and creating are the same thing. To a ? with those qualities, to permit evil would take no more effort than to stop evil or to actually commit evil.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Key word: SUBMISSION.

Why do you want to be a slave, man? I thought black people was "we off that" status on being servile and obedient for a master.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why do you want to be a slave, man? I thought black people was "we off that" status on being servile and obedient for a master.

Smh @ your post focusing on a racial standpoint...plus you forgot about BELIEF and FAITH part right? You gotta have that FIRST before you can SUBMIT. Oh my bad. It's nonexistent in YOUR world.

It's great the way you love to chop up someone's post to prove a point instead of using the whole context of it.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm not obliged to respond to the totality of anything you idiots say. And I bring up black people because this is a Hip Hop website. Every time I ask "Isn't Hip Hop universal?" y'all immediately say "No, it is by and for black people and black people only." So I just assume most of you people are black.

Still don't get why you'd want to worship a cosmic dictator. What's worse? Being whipped or burning in Hell forever and ever? You people are like super slaves. And you're happy about it. You're super house negroes on superstition steroids.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm not obliged to respond to the totality of anything you idiots say. And I bring up black people because this is a Hip Hop website. Every time I ask "Isn't Hip Hop universal?" y'all immediately say "No, it is by and for black people and black people only." So I just assume most of you people are black.

Still don't get why you'd want to worship a cosmic dictator. What's worse? Being whipped or burning in Hell forever and ever? You people are like super slaves. And you're happy about it. You're super house negroes on superstition steroids.

I would never thought the emotionless but cold and calculating wit of KTULU could get so irate...Wow..

The same way you're not obliged to respond to the totality of anything you say about Black people and the culture WE'VE created..I not obliged to respond totality of The Most High's ways and precepts because you made your choice to stand in unbelief.

Nobody's forcing anything on you, so why try so hard to force your disbelief on me?
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nope..not a slave at all but co-signing a troll shows the low-level of your intelligence... beenwize is a troll and possibly an obvious alias atheist being on his second account..wouldn't be surprised if it was KTULU.

I own my own graphic/printing business that's been running now 7 years. Thanks to The Most High that gives me the ideas plus hard work and INTELLIGENCE for it... plus working as a design engineer for a world-renowned car manufacturer (Mercedes)..takes a lot of intelligence as well.

I guess you and beenwize are in the same boat..terrible comprehension and illiteracy.

Funny how Bible thumpers think that anybody that does not take the illuminati compiled KJV Bible serious must be an atheist... A book inspired by ? would not contain flaws and contradiction. Your stance on the Bible alone speaks volumes about your intelligence, as your mind is clearly conquered by a book that was forced upon and used to enslave/colonize masses of ppl around the world.

You might want to read one of the many books that expose the fallacies of the KJV Bible. Better yet it exposes itself but you being of weak mind & low intelligence cannot see that. also smh @ American Christians always believing that the Bible ? is blessing them to work a job but is not doing the same for poor Africans and others around that world that live in poverty and can barely eat a bowl of rice on a daily basis.
  • beenwize
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lol at people defending all the atrocites ? told men to committ in the old testement.

lol it's really a sick mind set.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lol it's really a sick mind set.

Sick mindsets do sick things. Word to Christopher Columbus, ? , Vlad the Impaler, King Leopold of Belgium, Queen Elizabeth I, and other slave traders and mass murderers in history.
    Religion sure breeds some sick people. John Lennon was right, I wish the world could imagine a world without it.