Someone has to be wrong about these religions you know, how do yall reconcile that!

Options

Comments

• DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    so basically ? is a self centered bastard? What a ? ego!

huh?.. Are u ? ...? Where did you get that from?
    Why would ? make you believe in him? We aint robots...
    Ima pray for you man, ur a fake smart dude that needs help
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    huh?.. Are u ? ...? Where did you get that from?
    Why would ? make you believe in him? We aint robots...
    Ima pray for you man, ur a fake smart dude that needs help

You said if ? did everything on his own, there would be no need for faith or religion. That sounds to me he has an ego and wants someone to praise him, after all you don't need faith or religion to be a good person.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    the religious people in GnS who are still willing to talk about this are so dense you can't get explain anything to them

pupu iz dro, for example

just dumb as a rock
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Dro you have a wardrobe full of Steve Harvey suites don't you?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Dro you have a wardrobe full of Steve Harvey suites don't you?

lol ? got zoot suits, closet look like the Mo Betta Blues wardrobe
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Co-sign this thread, and I just think all of them is man made, period.
  • NastyNasty
    NastyNasty Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Why the need to invent these stories about where you will go upon death? What ever happens, happens. And no one can claim to know based on man-made books.

As logic would follow, you go unconscious and cease to exist. And you won't even mind because you won't be conscious anyway. The energy in the form of matter that made up your body will go on in other forms to fuel new life.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    NastyNasty wrote: »
    Why the need to invent these stories about where you will go upon death? What ever happens, happens. And no one can claim to know based on man-made books.

As logic would follow, you go unconscious and cease to exist. And you won't even mind because you won't be conscious anyway. The energy in the form of matter that made up your body will go on in other forms to fuel new life.

LOL funny how you can say that after sayin no one can claim to know what happens from man-made books, then percede to tell us what happens in your ( a Man ) opinion.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    While I do co-sign the premise of this thread, I do believe in a Supreme Being.

I simply don't believe in purposelessness.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited June 2010
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »

well too bad

your life has no inherent meaning and after you die, the consequences of your actions will ultimately amount to nothing
  • BEAM
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well too bad

your life has no inherent meaning and after you die, the consequences of your actions will ultimately amount to nothing

Oh ? off KTULU.
    We've stalemated countless times.
    You can't beat me, fam. You can't.

That is all.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited June 2010
    Options
    We've stalemated countless times.
    no ?

but i think you dont like the idea of purposelessness because its kind of depressing when you first consider it

but you know

we all got our existential hurdles, son
  • Fooley
    Fooley Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    While I do co-sign the premise of this thread, I do believe in a Supreme Being.

nah, that's just the arrogance of man. Do animals, insects, plants, bacteria, fungi, protista, and archaea make it to heaven?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    i constantly find it interesting how so many ppl have so many issues with religion, when all it does is center a persons faith around a system of beliefs and morals...

i mean sure ppl manipulate it for corruption and power.. but that's how man is.. men manipulate everything for corruption and power....

women manipulate their ? 's for corruption and power all the time......and as hard on hoes as yalll claim to be..ain't none of yall openly ready to give up sex all together..

so i mean...if u don't agree...u don't believe..... just leave it alone....

and if ur genuinly intersted..spark a contructive conversation....

don't try to hide ur intrest under the guise of criticism...that's corny

basically....
  • BEAM
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Fooley wrote: »
    nah, that's just the arrogance of man. Do animals, insects, plants, bacteria, fungi, protista, and archaea make it to heaven?

I didn't say I believed in Heaven, I said I believed in a Supreme being.

My idea of a Higher Power starts and stops at an "Initiator", something that started everything. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • NastyNasty
    NastyNasty Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL funny how you can say that after sayin no one can claim to know what happens from man-made books, then percede to tell us what happens in your ( a Man ) opinion.

lol bruh... That's not an opinion. It's a scientific fact and a law of physics. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. All matter is energy. It is simply recycled and used for other purposes.
  • Fooley
    Fooley Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

My idea of a Higher Power starts and stops at an "Initiator", something that started everything. Nothing more, nothing less.

oh, my bad bruh
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

Does the "something" have to be a conscious being? (as in self thinking, and awareness)
  • BEAM
    edited June 2010
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    Does the "something" have to be a conscious being? (as in self thinking, and awareness)

Who am I to say?

Though I do think that "something" that has the ability to exist beyond having been a result would have to have intention.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Whether you believe in Jesus, Muhammed, Haile Selassie,Budda,etc. You mean to tell me the millions of people who believe in these other religions whether it be for good or bad reasons, are not gonna go to your denominations version of heaven. How do people reconcile that?

Someone has to be wrong, whether their intentions are good and what about tribal groups who have never been exposed to these mainstream religions, do they go to hell?

According to some, ? has sent many messengers to various parts of the world. Whether Mohammed (pbuh), Yeshua (pbuh), Moses (pbuh), Abraham (pbuh), Buddha (pbuh), Krishna (pbuh), Zororaster (pbuh), Bahaullah (pbuh), or any of the other prophets or a given religion, they all lead back to ? . Many of the names of His messengers have been lost to time or to the destruction of a culture, especially in The Americas. The old Native American stories of the earth's creation and how to live came from somewhere and were tailored for those people just as the Jews were given a set of instructions on how to live tailored to their understanding.

How it's reconciled is simple: We all came from the same essence, we will all return to it. The rest of the stuff is just fluff that clouds the spirit from understanding this.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Where do people get the Idea that Endless nothing can bring Creation. I dont care what scientist ? youre on but thats common ? *n sense Nothing = Nothing.
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think you can reconcile by knowing first that history has been white washed. I just came across a youtube video that explains the beginings of the Islamic Empire and how the Romans made Christianity the state religion after the Islamic Empire conquered Spain and North Africa.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Where do people get the Idea that Endless nothing can bring Creation. I dont care what scientist ? youre on but thats common ? *n sense Nothing = Nothing.

unless you're of my school of thought that says that there WAS a universe here prior to ours that collapsed to a single, one-dimensional point and exploded, thus starting the universe that we currently inhabit which will continue to expand to a finite point, then collapse over time to a single, one-dimensional point...
  • Based GAWD
    Based GAWD Members Posts: 1,168
    edited June 2010
    Options

Then explain how the initial creator got there. By you're logic it couldn't have come from nothing. Therefore it had to have a cause as well. Infinite regression

On the other hand is it possible that the universe itself is the infinite thing? If you reject that then you have to keep explaining an endless series of causes
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Eh, I don't think anyone is wrong.

Do what makes you happy and keeps you sane in a ? up world, whether it be Jesus, Muhammad, or Jahweh.

All religions are different pieces cut from the same cloth from my perspective anyway.