Afterlife? Reincarnation? Spirits? Mummies?

Options
Hyde Parke
Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
smh

What do you think about this?

hope i can excercise my right to free speech this time.

Comments

• BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    We don't and won't know.
    Unless we have the ability to evolve to some higher state of awareness.
    But that won't be happening any time soon...
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    mummies?

• KTULU IS BACK
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    hope i can excercise my right to free speech this time.

you were barred from discussing mummies at some point?

lool
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    mummies?

wild card........
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    [quote=ktulu is back;835774]mummies?

.......[/quote]

lol !
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    We don't and won't know.

then why do people swear by this stuff? I really wanna kno
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    We don't know, but i do believe we live multiple lives but on different dimensions. I believe that's what ghost and stuff like that are
  • louis the great
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Crazy ? thought, I read somewhere that The Mummies from Egypt can be Cloned even thought there like 5000yrs old and for some reason our modern embalming techs cant firgure out how they did it.
  • BEAM
    edited June 2010
    Options
    then why do people swear by this stuff? I really wanna kno

Uncomfortability with having no real answer.
    Filling the gaps, basically...
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Crazy ? thought, I read somewhere that The Mummies from Egypt can be Cloned even thought there like 5000yrs old and for some reason our modern embalming techs cant firgure out how they did it.

word? thats wild. might have something to do with their climate or something.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    We don't and won't know.
    word..
    Uncomfortability with having no real answer.
    Filling the gaps, basically...
    and word...

ain't tryna push or knock nobodies faith, but don't stress over things u know u don't understand...

just continue to live life the way that works best for you...if you chose to be spiritual, then so be it..and if u chose not to me...the same
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Reincarnation makes a lot more logical sense, though, than the one-life/heaven and hell philosophy.
  • louis the great
    edited June 2010
    Options
    word? thats wild. might have something to do with their climate or something.

Might be who knows.

Im a firm believer that Reincarnation is ? . Im sorry that ? makes absolutely no ? *n sense.
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I believe in Reincarnation all day. I believe alot of people are actually their ancestors. For instance, you might have a picture of your great great grandfather when he was 50. You might grow up thinking well damn, I resemble this guy alot. The when you are 50 you might realize, I don't resemble this guy we look exactly like. If you're spiritual you can basically sum it up to the fact that, you dont look alike but you two are one in the same. I believe this is what Jesus meant when he said their is life afterlife and the only way to know it is to die.You can't be reincarnated unless you die. I don't believe in heaven and hell, I believe the afterlife is just another life.
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    du, im asking, not stressin, you christian right? you really think there is another life waiting for you after you die? and its all based on/ determined how well you did in this life? and you will actually be rewarded in this other life? it makes no sense. If you did right by everything in this life, whats the purpose of having another one?
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I believe in Reincarnation all day. I believe alot of people are actually their ancestors. For instance, you might have a picture of your great great grandfather when he was 50. You might grow up thinking well damn, I resemble this guy alot. The when you are 50 you might realize, I don't resemble this guy we look exactly like. If you're spiritual you can basically sum it up to the fact that, you dont look alike but you two are one in the same. I believe this is what Jesus meant when he said their is life afterlife and the only way to know it is to die.You can't be reincarnated unless you die. I don't believe in heaven and hell, I believe the afterlife is just another life.

isnt that just genetics though?
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Might be who knows.

Im a firm believer that Reincarnation is ? . Im sorry that ? makes absolutely no ? *n sense.

i agree. no sense whatsoever.
  • BEAM
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Reincarnation makes a lot more logical sense, though, than the one-life/heaven and hell philosophy.

Kinda.

The transference of energy might not even be a faithful one though, meaning life may not always translate back to new life.
    That'd suggest an intentional cycle, or diff genres of energy that have individual senses of awareness, which suggests a sense of purpose, which suggests... well... you know.
    But who knows...
  • louis the great
    edited June 2010
    Options

Exactly what Im sayin that ? made no sense. So if I died when I was my grandfather why am currently not able to remember ? *n grandma then if Im the same person or anything else of said past life as grandpa? Please explain
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »

yeah, if you had to pick one over the other, i guess so.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i agree. no sense whatsoever.

Put it into perspective, though. Each life is a learning experience. When we die we go to the afterlife, which is called the Bardo in Buddhism. It is similar to heaven or hell or in between, only it is temporary. Then we are born again into the next life. We continue to evolve gradually as we learn the lessons in each life, so we will be human again in the next one. Lower forms of life evolve over many lifetimes into higher ones. Then finally, when all the lessons have been learned, we no longer need a physical body, so we can move on permanently.
  • edwardnigma
    edited June 2010
    Options

No, nobody can have the exact same genes, not even twins. To look exactly like someone else isn't genetics, to resemble someone and to look almost identical is genetics.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited June 2010
    Options
    nobody looks EXACTLY like their great grandfather, ?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    du, im asking, not stressin, you christian right? you really think there is another life waiting for you after you die? and its all based on/ determined how well you did in this life? and you will actually be rewarded in this other life? it makes no sense. If you did right by everything in this life, whats the purpose of having another one?

to be honest i have no clue.. i just live life with the faith that my good works will be rewarded when i pass...
  • edwardnigma
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Exactly what Im sayin that ? made no sense. So if I died when I was my grandfather why am currently not able to remember ? *n grandma then if Im the same person or anything else of said past life as grandpa? Please explain

There are plenty thing in this life that you can't remember. You were a baby but you don't remember it. Just because you don't remember it, that doesn't mean that you weren't a baby. So I don't remember isn't a strong argument, and not remembering a whole past life might be a blessing.