Colts Forgoing History: ? Or Prudent?

Options
darknight
darknight Members Posts: 185
edited November 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Them ? copped out in my opinion, and them copping pleas about it later is evidence that they know they ? up. What do you guys think?

Comments

• still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Them ? copped out man.Go for 19-0 ? .But if they win the Superbowl it doesn't matter.
  • BRiCKSQUAD
    BRiCKSQUAD Members Posts: 477
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The Vikings Will Win The Superbowl...? This Thread
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Won't happen Bricksquad AD been coughing up the rock lately and Farve is .............. well Farve.Aint happening.
  • black2spyda
    black2spyda Members Posts: 85
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? no doubt.

Going 16-0 is a possible feat than winning the Super Bowl for the Colts.

I don't see them coming out of the AFC as conference champs.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pussified for sure. Bill Polian is a ? who only made it worse by opening his mouth and spewing a bunch of nonsense since then. He called the Colts 23 REGULAR SEASON game winning streak and most REGULAR SEASON wins in a decade "historical achievements" that were worth "risking everything" for, but considered going 16-0 a "meaningless record" because the Pats did it in '07?? He made himself look like a complete ? .

He also made himself look like a ? by saying with the way the starters were playing, the outcome wouldnt have been any different if they played the whole way, despite the fact that they had a 5 point lead and the ball with a little over a minute left in the 3rd quarter. What a ? statement. Nobody sets out to be Perfect, mainly because it doesnt seem possible, but when you're 5 quarters away from putting yourself in the driver's seat to go 19-0 and be known as the Greatest Team of All Time, you take that ? . You dont ? out.

I feel bad for the players who have a bunch of scared ? running their organization.

still-SBP wrote: »
    Them ? copped out man.Go for 19-0 ? .But if they win the Superbowl it doesn't matter.

Yes it does, because those players gotta live with the fact that their lone loss of the season was because the organization was to ? made to play for Perfection.
  • black2spyda
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Even though the Colts players supported the Caldwell's decision, they were upset as hell.

Wayne and Clark had the "what the ? " faces the entire game and Peyton Manning didn't take off his helmet in disbelief.
  • Tha Originator
    Tha Originator Members Posts: 277
    edited January 2010
    Options
    smh they should have jus played them............u cant prevent injury...look what happened to carson palmer in that playoff game a couple of years ago
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Even though the Colts players supported the Caldwell's decision, they were upset as hell.

Wayne and Clark had the "what the ? " faces the entire game and Peyton Manning didn't take off his helmet in disbelief.

That ? was hilarious. I kept expecting him to come back in, especially after that sack and fumble return for a TD, but I guess he was just doing it cause he was ? .
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pussified for sure. Bill Polian is a ? who only made it worse by opening his mouth and spewing a bunch of nonsense since then. He called the Colts 23 REGULAR SEASON game winning streak and most REGULAR SEASON wins in a decade "historical achievements" that were worth "risking everything" for, but considered going 16-0 a "meaningless record" because the Pats did it in '07?? He made himself look like a complete ? .

He also made himself look like a ? by saying with the way the starters were playing, the outcome wouldnt have been any different if they played the whole way, despite the fact that they had a 5 point lead and the ball with a little over a minute left in the 3rd quarter. What a ? statement. Nobody sets out to be Perfect, mainly because it doesnt seem possible, but when you're 5 quarters away from putting yourself in the driver's seat to go 19-0 and be known as the Greatest Team of All Time, you take that ? . You dont ? out.

I feel bad for the players who have a bunch of scared ? running their organization.

Yes it does, because those players gotta live with the fact that their lone loss of the season was because the organization was to ? made to play for Perfection.

You know in response to this, real talk!!
    That was dumb to ? out and concentrate on the playoffs.
    I think now that they lost that momentum coming into the playoffs, they may not even make it far now!
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dont put too much stock into what Bill Simmons said anymore but he was on point with this one. He said play the backups in the first half. If they can keep it close at all, put the starters in. Tell the team and fans this before the game. Now everyone is going crazy for the backups to keep it close and if they did, send out Manning/Wayne/etc to start the second half.
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I never respected the colts they play "smart' football....they have a habit of sliding before making contact....lots of catch patterns and then run out of bounce...they are the biggest finesse team of the NFL. I remember when marvin harrison use to catch the ball and slide before contact a lot of times, I also don't respect them for whining to change the rules of DB contact to favor their finesse style of play. they are NFLs darling as is the steelers and the Patriots....can't respect none of these teams. Also hate when they try to get a play off when substitions are being made....I mean its just cheap its no honor I don't care what any colts, steeler, or pats fans have to say....and whats up with these phantom calls the steelers be getting jesus that ravens game was horribly offciated.....so was that denver game the refs were definately not happy with the stokley slap hahaha
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    them saying ? the win streak is genius..

it takes pressure of the staff/players.. now they can play loose without worrying about a record..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Jay ? wrote: »
    I never respected the colts they play "smart' football....they have a habit of sliding before making contact....lots of catch patterns and then run out of bounce...they are the biggest finesse team of the NFL. I remember when marvin harrison use to catch the ball and slide before contact a lot of times, I also don't respect them for whining to change the rules of DB contact to favor their finesse style of play. they are NFLs darling as is the steelers and the Patriots....can't respect none of these teams. Also hate when they try to get a play off when substitions are being made....I mean its just cheap its no honor I don't care what any colts, steeler, or pats fans have to say....and whats up with these phantom calls the steelers be getting jesus that ravens game was horribly offciated.....so was that denver game the refs were definately not happy with the stokley slap hahaha

the steelers been gettin phantom calls since that 05' superbowl.. ? is disgustin..
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Peyton is my favorite player of all time so im ? that they didnt go for the history and if they dont win the superbowl (which i think they still will do) then the season becomes a failure.

BUT its a beautiful thing to see MY jets make the playoffs (by beatin the bengals this week) while the Giants dont make the playoffs....beautiful!
  • black2spyda
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Jay ? wrote: »

co-sign

Though it always happens to teams that the NFL secretly hates.

One team that stands out are the Oakland Raiders from the 1977 AFC Championship Bronco fumble to the infamous tuck rule.