Dubstep?

Options
Omniiipotent
Omniiipotent Members Posts: 1
edited January 2012 in R&B & Alternatives
I hear about people like Skrillex all the time now with this Dubstep stuff now.. Is this stuff any good or like what people are making it out to be? I want to try to see whats up with it and get suggestions on what I should listen to for the best of dubstep.. if it's even any good.. but from what I hear from Skrillex, I just like his collabs with Korn..

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    what you know as "Dubstep" is actually a recent subgenre of Dubstep called "Brostep", the original dubstep ? is COMPLETELY different and a whole 'nother vibe

Its cool and IMHO it'll eventually become a fad in Hip-Hop to trash them beats (I been askin round the hood and ? DO NOT know bout this ? at all)........but if you heard one you kinda heard them all. wubwubwubwubWUBWUBWUBWUB, insert drops, wash rinse repeat.

And that Korn album was the most hilariously pathetic album of 2011, full stop. It was the equivalent of MC Hammer trying to become relevant again by doing a whole album with Lex Luger beats lol.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote:
    what you know as "Dubstep" is actually a recent subgenre of Dubstep called "Brostep", the original dubstep ? is COMPLETELY different and a whole 'nother vibe

Its cool and IMHO it'll eventually become a fad in Hip-Hop to trash them beats (I been askin round the hood and ? DO NOT know bout this ? at all)........but if you heard one you kinda heard them all. wubwubwubwubWUBWUBWUBWUB, insert drops, wash rinse repeat.

And that Korn album was the most hilariously pathetic album of 2011, full stop. It was the equivalent of MC Hammer trying to become relevant again by doing a whole album with Lex Luger beats lol.

man im sick of the brostep ? there is no brostep. dubstep is dubstep.
  • satyrone
    Options
    and t/s you should listen toMatty G( his style is more hip-hop,reggae) Caspa,Rusko,Doctor p,Digital Mystikz,Skream,Benga etc. a lot of ppl now a days think skrillex is dubstep but the people i metioned have alot more to offer and they been in the game for years. yo should mos def go on itunes and get the Getdarkertv podcast tones of dope mixes on that podcast. and that korn album was ok theres only one song on there that i may throw into my mixes but thats it. but yea check out all who i have mentioned.
  • satyrone
    Options
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options

As I've said before on this site, was never really a Dubstep fan though could appreciate some of the stuff. The latest EP by Burial which just came out recently is ? amazing. Deep, bassy, emotive Dubstep rather than that high-end, cheesy synth-led, Fisher Price Brostep ? . Anyone claiming to be a fan of Dubstep yet can't appreciate this Kindred EP or Burial on a whole haven't got a clue as far as I'm concerned, you might as well ? off back to your Skrillex ? .
  • king bloo
    king bloo Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good dubstep is some cool ? . Sadly, there's a ? ton of bad ? out there.

And that ? sounds amazing in the ride. Nothin like beatin down the block to some Benga.
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    king bloo wrote: »
    good dubstep is some cool ? . Sadly, there's a ? ton of bad ? out there.

And that ? sounds amazing in the ride. Nothin like beatin down the block to some Benga.

? yeah, totally agree!
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OTT. wrote:
    Dubstep is dope as ? when done right

That ? kray, he aint slowed down either
    He was on Ellen. He the nicest.