Empire State Of Mind is a generic day tour of white New York

Options
tompetrez3
tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in The Reason
? that garbage ass Nas ripoff. Jay Z sounds like he just mumbled a bunch of words from some pamplets and tour guides he had in the studio. he actually name drops more than game. pathetic. all i got from the song is new york is expensive and misguided girls catch trains. hmmm. it doesnt impress me. i will risk a automobile accident to change the station soon as i hear that ? alicia keys starts singing. and speaking of the homewrecker she has some nerve to even agree with jay z on this song concept. she did it perfectly with 2 far superior mcs.every fake neo soul ? has her price i guess. i knew we should of stuck with india arie. smh. deja vu is a better NY anthem.

? jay z

Comments

• BRiCKSQUAD
    BRiCKSQUAD Members Posts: 477
    edited December 2009
    Options
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I still dont understand how Jay-z gets a pass for continuing to bite Nas.
  • Tha Originator
    Tha Originator Members Posts: 277
    edited January 2010
    Options
    good 2 see tompetrez back but they aint got no jigga warriors to fight wit lol (yet)
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Jay z >>> yo favorite rapper
  • prodphetic
    prodphetic Members Posts: 55
    edited January 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    ? that garbage ass Nas ripoff. Jay Z sounds like he just mumbled a bunch of words from some pamplets and tour guides he had in the studio. he actually name drops more than game. pathetic. all i got from the song is new york is expensive and misguided girls catch trains. hmmm. it doesnt impress me. i will risk a automobile accident to change the station soon as i hear that ? alicia keys starts singing. and speaking of the homewrecker she has some nerve to even agree with jay z on this song concept. she did it perfectly with 2 far superior mcs.every fake neo soul ? has her price i guess. i knew we should of stuck with india arie. smh. deja vu is a better NY anthem.

? jay z

hmmmm.......sounds like maybe you been listening to it too much......... Why you so mad ??? lol
  • Got iT Por Barato
    Got iT Por Barato Members Posts: 338
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i've been saying this....c/s
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    classic Tomp...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i will risk a automobile accident to change the station

ROFLMAO!
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we got a Jay-Z hate thread by buttah_b, international, and now tomp

all we need is one by GalouDaBklynFag and that'll complete the Nas-dickriding quartet.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love on a 2 way street is my ? .....
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The song does nothing for me tho I go to NY like once a month that city is overrated imo
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alicia Keys murked that song..
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The song does nothing for me tho I go to NY like once a month that city is overrated imo

co sign i live in the tri state area. the only reason i go to the city is to go to an event at MSG. Concerts and or sporting events at the garden >>>> any other arena.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is a three year old thread been bumped
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i will risk a automobile accident to change the station soon as i hear that ? alicia keys starts singing
    Lmao..
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »

all we need is one by GalouDaBklynFag and that'll complete the Nas-dickriding quartet.

I don't think tomp or international are Nas stans. Throw deathrow in with the other 2 and call it a trio instead of a quartet
  • sully
    edited April 2013
    Options

I don't think tomp or international are Nas stans. Throw deathrow in with the other 2 and call it a trio instead of a quartet

I forgot about deathrow...,

especially after he posted this yesterday:
    Nah Nas won this is how my Son gonna look like.
    1.Black
    2.Look like Nas

in the Drake Won! thread. That comment is suspect as hell.

how're you gonna go to a geneticist and say "I want my kid to look like Nas, so alter his DNA so he's 3 feet high, has buggy eyes, protruding forehead, and has no ability to maintain his finances"
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this the Tomp I remember..
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

co sign i live in the tri state area. the only reason i go to the city is to go to an event at MSG. Concerts and or sporting events at the garden >>>> any other arena.

Ct barely even counts as tri state lol, yall more New England than Mid Atlantic
  • qtipp73
    qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    im a self admitting Nas stan and I been saying I ? with jayz but he spun off all nas ? like he came up with it. the biggest biter in rap history.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? out here bumping ancient threads. Didn't Jurassic park teach you not to bring back things from the dead that have been gone for a long time?
  • sully
    Options
    Do Nas stans really have that much of an insecurity regarding the guy whose poster they suck off every night that they think everything that any topic that has been rapped about after Nas has done it was directly bitten off Nas?

Newton and Liebniz came up with Calculus at the same time in two different parts of Europe, you really think that two MC's from New York, almost 20 years apart, couldn't have decided to make an ode to the city they have been rapping about for over 2 decades?

Get off yourselves and get out into the real world.

Besides, Jay didn't even come up with the song. He got it from two songwriters who wanted him to perform it on his album
    The song is an anthemic ode to both artists' native New York, and features a music sample of "Love on a Two-Way Street" (1970), written by Sylvia Robinson and Bert Keyes and performed by The Moments. "Empire State of Mind" was originally written by Brooklyn natives Angela Hunte and Jane't "Jnay" Sewell-Ulepic who were feeling homesick while on an overseas trip in February 2009. The following month they sent the song in for consideration at Roc Nation, although it received negative reviews. Initially discouraged, the duo sent the song to Jay-Z after a suggestion by an associate of EMI Music Publishing (EMI), and after an incident which they described as an omen.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do Nas stans really have that much of an insecurity regarding the guy whose poster they suck off every night that they think everything that any topic that has been rapped about after Nas has done it was directly bitten off Nas?

Newton and Liebniz came up with Calculus at the same time in two different parts of Europe, you really think that two MC's from New York, almost 20 years apart, couldn't have decided to make an ode to the city they have been rapping about for over 2 decades?

Get off yourselves and get out into the real world.

Besides, Jay didn't even come up with the song. He got it from two songwriters who wanted him to perform it on his album
    The song is an anthemic ode to both artists' native New York, and features a music sample of "Love on a Two-Way Street" (1970), written by Sylvia Robinson and Bert Keyes and performed by The Moments. "Empire State of Mind" was originally written by Brooklyn natives Angela Hunte and Jane't "Jnay" Sewell-Ulepic who were feeling homesick while on an overseas trip in February 2009. The following month they sent the song in for consideration at Roc Nation, although it received negative reviews. Initially discouraged, the duo sent the song to Jay-Z after a suggestion by an associate of EMI Music Publishing (EMI), and after an incident which they described as an omen.

This isn't a Nas stan thread. Tomp is the biggest Jay Z stan on this forum. That is why he mentions him in someway in most of his posts.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol Tomp dont know about the Dominicans up on Broadway........lol....