Okay so after Trey songz's "masterful" vocal performance last night, can we now stop

Options
blacklsoldier
blacklsoldier Members Posts: 899
edited June 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
comparing him and usher? I mean really, that ? was off like a mudda ? ! SMH Now I will admit, that last high note Usher tried to hit was ugggg. But despite he show trey how it's done! No hate, just honesty.

Comments

• shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Usher sings way better than Trey Songz and has classics. Who ever tried to compare them?
  • blacklsoldier
    blacklsoldier Members Posts: 899
    edited June 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    Usher sings way better than Trey Songz and has classics. Who ever tried to compare them?

Huh, well maybe the women from my town are ? because that's all I hear! Usher so lame, Trey is the best and no these are not teenie boppers. Grown ass women! SMH
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ne-yo and Chris Brown(2 halves...One dance and one is a great song writer and singer)=Usher

Trey Songz= R.Kelly
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Huh, well maybe the women from my town are ? because that's all I hear! Usher so lame, Trey is the best and no these are not teenie boppers. Grown ass women! SMH

What's wrong with grown women liking Trey more than Usher? I mean Trey is 25 which would make him a grown man so I really don't understand why grown women can't like a grown man more than another grown man.
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Usher's performance last night wasn't up to par either,kinda boring actually but Trey's was worst he should've brung the house down last night but he came of like he was at a glee club recital or some ? .But I still ? with both of their music.
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i told my coworker who loves Trey that he was not that good a singer....you would have thought i killed someone.

sweet...i can post from my phone.
  • LAnitelyfe
    LAnitelyfe Members Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Prince didnt look impressed with that weak ass "Purple Rain" rendition he tried to sing....I like Trey songz on an R&B collabo (maybe) but he aint even a Donell Jones calibur singer. I swear women keep some of these boo-boo artists in the game.
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

what the ? happened between 4:32 and 4:46???
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited June 2010
    Options
    UGH he sounds even worse listening a second time around. He got a little too cocky doing those mixtapes (which are hot) but he just thinks he can cover everybody's songs now. Prince's face said it all
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Your right about these grown-ass women talking that noise. A lot of those same chicks were on Usher's ? until he got married & then they started hating dude & treating him like they had been dissed by him. Wow, what imaginations that some women have that would make them dislike a dude that they had no chance of ever getting pounded by or marrying. Trey Songz is fresh meat to a lot of these hot in the ass lubricant needing 30 year old & up women. It's pathetic how they jumped to his ? now that they consider Usher an old washed up divorced man at 32. SMH!
  • tab58064
    edited June 2010
    Options

Man ? what happened between 4:32 & 4:46!! What the ? happened from the beginning of this ? ???? Dude's vocals were all over the place!! Where the ? is Randy from American Idol when you need him. This would be one time that I'd give him 2 thumbs up for using the word "pitchy!" This makes about the 3rd or 4th time that I've seen dude perform live & I was unimpressed, but this may be his worst! But you better not say that to these creamy panty chicks who go crazy over this half-ass talented dude.
  • tab58064
    edited June 2010
    Options
    UGH he sounds even worse listening a second time around. He got a little too cocky doing those mixtapes (which are hot) but he just thinks he can cover everybody's songs now. Prince's face said it all
    Co-sign!! I saw that ? after reading your post & had to give you a co-sign. I know Prince was boiling inside or at the very least uncomfortable with watching this ? straight Uzi-up one of his greatest songs! LMBAO!!!
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Trey Songz is all image so I've never taken him seriously as a singer to begin with
    After last night, Chris Brown is who Trey Songz needs to worry about because he's about to take Trey's audience
  • tab58064
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Trey Songz is all image so I've never taken him seriously as a singer to begin with
    After last night, Chris Brown is who Trey Songz needs to worry about because he's about to take Trey's audience
    As much as I would like to see it, that ain't happening. And let's be honest, Chris Brown had a better night than Trey did & is an over-all better/more entertaining artists than what Trey is, but dude can't sing worth a ? either.
  • Quail-Mayne
    Quail-Mayne Members Posts: 58
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Trey Songz will be back in the R&B shadows this time next year. Dude has a ways to go.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Trey Songz will be back in the R&B shadows this time next year. Dude has a ways to go.

This made me laugh.
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

LOL...Trey was feeling himself. You can tell my his ? expressions. womp womp!
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    tab58064 wrote: »
    Man ? what happened between 4:32 & 4:46!! What the ? happened from the beginning of this ? ???? Dude's vocals were all over the place!! Where the ? is Randy from American Idol when you need him. This would be one time that I'd give him 2 thumbs up for using the word "pitchy!" This makes about the 3rd or 4th time that I've seen dude perform live & I was unimpressed, but this may be his worst! But you better not say that to these creamy panty chicks who go crazy over this half-ass talented dude.

Pardon my ignorance but what does pitchy mean???
  • jbrooks229
    jbrooks229 Members Posts: 1,306 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ne-yo and Chris Brown(2 halves...One dance and one is a great song writer and singer)=Usher

Trey Songz= R.Kelly

i will cosign this
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I hope that you are joking when you call that performance masterful.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I hope that you are joking when you call that performance masterful.

smh at you not understanding sarcasm

but i mess with Trey but he definitely was off the other night. He'll keep improving though
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    smh at you not understanding sarcasm

but i mess with Trey but he definitely was off the other night. He'll keep improving though

I was hoping the thread starter was being sarcastic, but with people on the IC you can never be too sure.

Which is why I said I hoped they were joking.
  • tam
    tam Members Posts: 903
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i been saying that nucca is wack!

i was never a fan, he's just cocky for no reason and is disrespectful.
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I use to hate Trey Songz but not anymore. I like his mixtape "Anticipation" and "Genesis" , I've been listening to him for three months straight. Some people say he can't sing but I think he's pretty good. He is cocky as hell thought.
  • tab58064
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Cake4real wrote: »
    I use to hate Trey Songz but not anymore. I like his mixtape "Anticipation" and "Genesis" , I've been listening to him for three months straight. Some people say he can't sing but I think he's pretty good. He is cocky as hell thought.
    It's kinda the opposite for me. I like most of his stuff, but dude has been exposed as a limited writer & vocalist. His performance at BET 2010 made about the 3rd time that I had seen him sound ? live & I've only seen him perform live on tv about 5 or 6 times. The other night was horrific! I can say this about Neyo for whom I've never been a huge fan of, he has never sounded ? in any of his live performances that I've seen.