Okay Straight up... Prototype vs Infamous

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in IllGaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Is prototype worth the $20's it cost??? Serious question cuz I haven't played it yet
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Have both, but never finished Prototype. To me, the guy got too powerful too quickly. I found Infamous to be the better game although Prototype has more features like driving tanks and more powers.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I bought Infamous beat sold it. I didn't like it. so I didn't even want to ? with Prototype. looked cool but them two pretty much seemed like clones to me.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Is prototype worth the $20's it cost??? Serious question cuz I haven't played it yet

ask yourself...is an average ps2 game worth $20 ?

because thats what prtotype was, worst gfx on a ps3 game u will ever see...infamous had the second worst gfx...
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i see a gameplay video for prototype that looked like the spiderman engine from ps2... i was like nah im good... I liked infamous got to the last island and stopped playing... it was a cool game but it got a lil repetitve and they graphics werent really up to par either
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    ask yourself...is an average ps2 game worth $20 ?

because thats what prtotype was, worst gfx on a ps3 game u will ever see...infamous had the second worst gfx...

u realize sandbox games are not suppose to have great gfx?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • One Spliff
    edited June 2010
    Options
    u realize sandbox games are not suppose to have great gfx?

3 words...

grand theft auto
  • One Spliff
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    I mean how many other Video Game Characters out there that could ? with Alex Mercer? (feels his fan boy rage rising)

Dude was the perfect weapon and u got to use him as such...
    The whole point of Prototype is to feel as though you are invincible... I mean come on the the takes a Tow Missle to the chest falls to the ground and gets up running at 60 mph.... Parkouring over cars and ? ....

i dont understand this argument...

n i dont udnerstand the sandbox/open world arguemnt...

just doesnt make sense to me...because u are a mean killing meachine and because its an open world game, thats means it has to hav ps2 like gfx on a ps3 in 2010 ?

whats the point in spendin so much money on a ps3 n a hdtv then ?

i aint buying it...GTA looks great...assasin creed looks great....so u guys r clearly just making excuses.

n u the same dude that loves bfbc 2...which is an fps n still sucks in the gfx department...

smh.
  • vagrant-718
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i dont understand this argument...

n i dont udnerstand the sandbox/open world arguemnt...

just doesnt make sense to me...because u are a mean killing meachine and because its an open world game, thats means it has to hav ps2 like gfx on a ps3 in 2010 ?

whats the point in spendin so much money on a ps3 n a hdtv then ?

i aint buying it...GTA looks great...assasin creed looks great....so u guys r clearly just making excuses.

n u the same dude that loves bfbc 2...which is an fps n still sucks in the gfx department...

smh.

u a gfx ? , there's plenty of ? games out there w/ great gfx. You mention gta and ubisoft, 2 studios that got mad paper to make a game w/ good gfx other studios dont have that kind of money
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Infamous >> Prototype

Infamous looked better. The gfx weren't bad to me, I liked 'em. My problem, he would attach to things you weren't trying to grab. Certain areas or things would be like magnets for him to grab and it would get annoying when you were trying to get away from so much chaos to power up again. Another thing, the game play was super repetitive. Same thing every mission, trying to save something or power something back up and there are hoards of enemies. That's my only complaints. I like that it's decently hard. When you're being over whelmed it's fun to just cause chaos by pushing everything out your way or dropping down and bombing them all.

Prototype, ? . I've only gotten like 30 minutes into the game maybe. I cannot stand the graphics. The voice acting is horrible. The story, well, I've skipped all the cinema clips. I don't know what's going on. It's cool he can morph and absorb into other people. Neat concept, poor execution.

Right now I'm really happy for Infamous 2. He actually has a weapon now in hand. From the looks of it, it looks like he has maybe a "freezing" power? If not, still happy.
  • deeroc22
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I mean how many other Video Game Characters out there that could ? with Alex Mercer? (feels his fan boy rage rising)

Dude was the perfect weapon and u got to use him as such...
    The whole point of Prototype is to feel as though you are invincible... I mean come on the the takes a Tow Missle to the chest falls to the ground and gets up running at 60 mph.... Parkouring over cars and ? ....

that does sound dope but i just never got into it
  • deeroc22
    edited June 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Infamous >> Prototype

Infamous looked better. The gfx weren't bad to me, I liked 'em. My problem, he would attach to things you weren't trying to grab. Certain areas or things would be like magnets for him to grab and it would get annoying when you were trying to get away from so much chaos to power up again. Another thing, the game play was super repetitive. Same thing every mission, trying to save something or power something back up and there are hoards of enemies. That's my only complaints. I like that it's decently hard. When you're being over whelmed it's fun to just cause chaos by pushing everything out your way or dropping down and bombing them all.

Prototype, ? . I've only gotten like 30 minutes into the game maybe. I cannot stand the graphics. The voice acting is horrible. The story, well, I've skipped all the cinema clips. I don't know what's going on. It's cool he can morph and absorb into other people. Neat concept, poor execution.

Right now I'm really happy for Infamous 2. He actually has a weapon now in hand. From the looks of it, it looks like he has maybe a "freezing" power? If not, still happy.

Co Sign the bolded
  • One Spliff
    edited June 2010
    Options
    u a gfx ? , there's plenty of ? games out there w/ great gfx. You mention gta and ubisoft, 2 studios that got mad paper to make a game w/ good gfx other studios dont have that kind of money

lol...sorry but i dont udnerstand this post at all...maybe im missing something...

some dude asked a simple question...

"Is prototype worth the $20's it cost??? Serious question cuz I haven't played it yet"

i answered his question honestly...

i played prototype for an hour, n then never played it again...it looks like a ps2 game n the gameplay is wack in general.

as for infamous, its repetitive, story n gameplay is lame...and gfx are sub par...

jus my opinion.

of course im a gfx ? ...? am i spendin so much money for...it aint 2001 no more man, damn.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yea never played Infamous i had prototype. prototype was ok but ? got old fast never cared to finish it.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • One Spliff
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Your opinions on what seem like good games seems to be... off... Like all you car about is graphics... How exactly did you play Prototype for an Hour and never pick it up again?

You are starting to act like an Elitist...
    Graphics aren't everything... That city was boiling with life and had an ? ton of info to show and keep the framerate at a decent spot... take things like that into consideration... instead of Judging a Game by it graphics...

either u havent read my posts, you think im lying...

its not just gfx...like i said...the gameplay was wack to me..i pld the ? for an hour or so (go to my psn name, n check my playtime or trophies, my trophies will be 0%)..after an hour...i was bored...games like that just do move me.

i mean its cool for some, who dont seek a challange from their single player games..or who like chaotic adventure games liek that...so each his own.

i jus prefer single player games to be a lil more complex...

now if we're talkin about a good game with weak gfx...would i play it ?...depends...i played socom with a friend all the time, n that game sucked n had weak gfx...so obviously gfx aint everything to me.

just depends.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If your still playing Prototype keep going.... his powers only get better... By the time you done with game you'll feel where I'm coming from... (nh for the immature ones)

Yeah, I still HAVE it. Haven't played it in a while though.
  • vagrant-718
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol...sorry but i dont udnerstand this post at all...maybe im missing something...

some dude asked a simple question...

"Is prototype worth the $20's it cost??? Serious question cuz I haven't played it yet"

i answered his question honestly...

i played prototype for an hour, n then never played it again...it looks like a ps2 game n the gameplay is wack in general.

as for infamous, its repetitive, story n gameplay is lame...and gfx are sub par...

jus my opinion.

of course im a gfx ? ...? am i spendin so much money for...it aint 2001 no more man, damn.

If a game got good gameplay then gotta let the gfx slide. Plus there's more things that goes into gfx such as how many things is going on-screen and maintaining a decent framerate