Options

Comments

• I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I Am Him wrote: »
    (SMH at the bad batman story writing)
    It is the worst story writing. The dude with no powers can beat anybody because whoever he is fighting let's him take a break to go form a plan. Since when did Batman become the smartest person in all of comic land that he can invent whatever needed to be invented.

Hes known as The World Greatest Detective and hes Rich as ? and owns a company that makes weapons etc etc

The Worlds Greatest Detective is not the same as the Worlds Greatest Inventor.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    (SMH at the bad batman story writing)
    It is the worst story writing. The dude with no powers can beat anybody because whoever he is fighting let's him take a break to go form a plan. Since when did Batman become the smartest person in all of comic land that he can invent whatever needed to be invented.

Hes known as The World Greatest Detective and hes Rich as ? and owns a company that makes weapons etc etc

The Worlds Greatest Detective is not the same as the Worlds Greatest Inventor.

Hes rich as ? and has numerous technology and resources at his disposal... he has people to do that ? for him. Luxcious Fox for example... and Bruce Wayne is one of the smarter humans in comic books.

His company is Wayne Tech... and he eaisly can stuff from LexCorp or Star Labs to make stuff.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Hulk. And the comic doesn't count, Batman would break his leg on Hulk's stomach if he kicked him and Hulk is now immune to gas IIRC. Also Thor, Loki, Doom, Magneto, Storm, Nova, and more SHOULD beat Batman, depends on the writer though. They have him do stupid ? ? to win. Also Flash, he can't possibly lose logically.

I love how you always say ? doesn't count lmmfao. Batman ends up beating them all, I do not know how, but he will. Writers love him. DC and Marvel the company does not matter. Most if not all have a special place in their heart for him.

I think if Marvel got the chance to tell any Batman story they want, they would ? him off in the first couple of pages and try to figure out who did it the rest of the issue or series.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Personally speaking as I kid I was pretty big Marvel fan...Spiderman, XMEN, Captain America, Sliver Surfer and didnt mess with DC...I stopped ? with Comics once I became a teen.. now as Im older and getting back into comics I really only ? with Batman as I find Marvel heroes to be on some childish kid ? .
  • I Am Him
    Options
    Personally speaking as I kid I was pretty big Marvel fan...Spiderman, XMEN, Captain America, Sliver Surfer and didnt mess with DC...I stopped ? with Comics once I became a teen.. now as Im older and getting back into comics I really only ? with Batman as I find Marvel heroes to be on some childish kid ? .

I think it's the opposite. I read both DC and Marvel and Marvel seems to have stories that are more real and more adult. DC's heroes are too powerful to not be looked at as childish. You got people that can time travel by running fast, a normal human who can't be beat by anybody because he's rich and determined, and a fleet of space cops with one of the most powerful weapons ever on their finger. Marvel's characters have flaws and real world problems. How many DC heroes had to get unemployment or put their life on the line for people who would rather ? them than get help from somebody born different?
  • nujerz84
    Options

I think it's the opposite. I read both DC and Marvel and Marvel seems to have stories that are more real and more adult. DC's heroes are too powerful to not be looked at as childish. You got people that can time travel by running fast, a normal human who can't be beat by anybody because he's rich and determined, and a fleet of space cops with one of the most powerful weapons ever on their finger. Marvel's characters have flaws and real world problems. How many DC heroes had to get unemployment or put their life on the line for people who would rather ? them than get help from somebody born different?

I think you missed the part where I said I only ? with Batman....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they be cheating for Batman... he is human. ? prep time one on one random fight he loses to most of those characters
  • I Am Him
    Options

I think you missed the part where I said I only ? with Batman....

No, I caught that part, but you said Marvel heroes are on some childish kid ? . I was saying that I think Batman and the whole DC universe is way more childish than Marvel. Kids want to be superheroes and the closest thing a human is getting to it is Batman, but expecting somebody with no powers to beat everybody he comes across is childish. What problems does he have when he is not Batman except not being able to be Bruce Wayne?
  • nujerz84
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Again Im talking Batman and only Batman something that u dont comprehend.

His mere origin and how he became to be Batman is more realistic than any other well known hero in the world of comics.

No alien or spaceshit, super serum, radioactive spiders, no majically or surgical enhanced ? , no green lantern ring etc... Just marital arts training, money/resources and intelligence.

Batman has lost plenty of times...Got addicted to Drugs when he tried to get stronger when he failed to resuce a child..One of the Best Batman stories written.

Batman the GOAT character period.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    word...nujerz...dudes in here actuall catchin feelings....batman has been beatin to a pulp plenty of times in the comics...hell bane broke his back over his knee, slade stabbed him with a sword and spawn whipped on him with those magic green hands
    where the hell yall been?
    most recently in the new 52 justice league...superman choked him out
  • I Am Him
    Options

His mere origin and how he became to be Batman is more realistic than any other well known hero in the world of comics.

No alien or spaceshit, super serum, radioactive spiders, no majically or surgical enhanced ? , no green lantern ring etc... Just marital arts training, money/resources and intelligence.

Batman has lost plenty of times...Got addicted to Drugs when he tried to get stronger when he failed to resuce a child..One of the Best Batman stories written.

Again, I said I caught that but it does not change the fact that Batman is not the most realistic. I would say the Punisher is more realistic. A war vet who lost his family and decided to murder everybody associated with crime is more realistic than a person going out in a bat costume and fighting crime.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    word...nujerz...dudes in here actuall catchin feelings....batman has been beatin to a pulp plenty of times in the comics...hell bane broke his back over his knee, slade stabbed him with a sword and spawn whipped on him with those magic green hands

Who's catchin feelings, I know about Bane, Slade, and Spawn but why is it everytime somebody says Batman vs whoever it is always the same response. With prep time..... How many fights have you been in where you let somebody leave in the middle of a fight to come up with something to beat you with? Batman is the product of since he does not have any powers he has to be shown as the best at everything to explain how he is not dead. It's just like the Flash and Superman. The Flash is faster than Superman because that is his only power.
  • nujerz84
    edited March 2012
    Options
    A child watching his parents murdered in front of his eyes and vowing revenge is no different than Punisher. Batman dosnt ? yet the Police (cept Gordon) and Government wants to arrest or ? him for fighting crime.

Punisher kills i don't read him but is he even wanted by the authorities? He went to the military, Batman went to Martial Arts Dojos and school to learn his detective skills...

Both have a guy for technology etc IMO the Fact Punisher Kills with a SKULL on his chest hurts ur point
  • nujerz84
    Options

Who's catchin feelings, I know about Bane, Slade, and Spawn but why is it everytime somebody says Batman vs whoever it is always the same response. With prep time..... How many fights have you been in where you let somebody leave in the middle of a fight to come up with something to beat you with? Batman is the product of since he does not have any powers he has to be shown as the best at everything to explain how he is not dead. It's just like the Flash and Superman. The Flash is faster than Superman because that is his only power.

Batman was killed before...
  • I Am Him
    Options
    A child watching his parents murdered in front of his eyes and vowing revenge is no different than Punisher. Batman dosnt ? yet the Police (cept Gordon) and Government wants to arrest or ? him for fighting crime.

Punisher kills i don't read him but is he even wanted by the authorities? He went to the military, Batman went to Martial Arts Dojos and school to learn his detective skills...

Both have a guy for technology etc IMO the Fact Punisher Kills with a SKULL on his chest hurts ur point[/quote

It's different because Punisher didn't travel the world off his trust fund to learn from the top masters in every fighting form. The Punisher just relies on the skills the US government taught him. Now which one is more likely to happen in the real world? Killing bad guys does not hurt my point. If anything, it just adds to my point of how unrealistic and childish Batman is. How many lives could have been saved if Batman would have killed the Joker years ago? Or if he does not want to ? him fine, if he can invent devices to beat everybody ever, how come he can't invent a prison to keep these dudes in?
  • nujerz84
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It Would be realistic if Punisher was a hired employee of some government agency hes not he kills people on his own. So again why aren't the cops after Punisher like they are Batman who doesn't ? (Unrealistic)..

Batman still has some belief in legit Law & Order Punisher doesn't. Frank was a grown man and already a killer when his family died..

Batman was a kid he vowed never to ? so no other kid would go thru what he did.

Fact that Batman is officially wanted would be why he wouldn't be allow to build a prison.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    Batman was killed before...[/quote]

No, he was sent back to the past. Unless you are talking about earth 2 Batman. I'm not counting the times where he died and was brought back to life in the same book
  • I Am Him
    Options
    It Would be realistic if Punisher was a hired employee of some government agency hes not he kills people on his own. So again why aren't the cops after Punisher like they are Batman who doesn't ? (Unrealistic)..

Batman still has some belief in legit Law & Order Punisher doesn't. Frank was a grown man and already a killer when his family died..

Batman was a kid he vowed never to ? so no other kid would go thru what he did.

Fact that Batman is officially wanted would be why he wouldn't be allow to build a prison.

The cops do go after Punisher. Other marvel heroes have gone after the Punisher. The Batman is on the JLA, his best friend is the police commissioner. Again, Batman's vow not to ? has only made more kids go through what he did and worse. Look at Jason Todd. Even if he couldn't build a prison, he could give plans to help the prison or arkham keep the criminals in jail. He could even recommend that the Joker be put to death, which is legit and legal, unless the DC universe is against the death penalty.

• nujerz84
    Options
    Either way whatsthe point of being called the World Greatest Detective if he shouldn't be allowed to use those skills to find weaknesses in his enemies and allies.

He doesn't like to admit it be not ashamed for asking for help when needed.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    U can make that argument (Not killing) for lots of other heroes as well.

U coming off as someone upset people hold Batman with high regard. Its not Batman fault aside from ? comic geeks not two ? are given about Punisher..

Contact DC with those questions they would know. I nor anyone else can truly say why or why not a character doesn't do this or that because we cant read the mind of the writers.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    U can make that argument (Not killing) for lots of other heroes as well.

U coming off as someone upset people hold Batman with high regard. Its not Batman fault aside from ? comic geeks not two ? are given about Punisher..

Contact DC with those questions they would know. I nor anyone else can truly say why or why not a character doesn't do this or that because we cant read the mind of the writers.

I'm not upset at all. It's just comics talk to me. I'm married with a child so I have so many other things to get upset about. This is just fun to talk about, I'm not heated whatsoever. I don't want you to think I hate Batman, he is without question in my top three character list. Spider-Man is my favorite followed by Wolverine. I know those two can't beat everybody they come across and they have powers so it's crazy to me how people can say that Batman can beat anybody with no powers. Make that three ? , cause I don't like the Punisher either.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Hulk. And the comic doesn't count, Batman would break his leg on Hulk's stomach if he kicked him and Hulk is now immune to gas IIRC. Also Thor, Loki, Doom, Magneto, Storm, Nova, and more SHOULD beat Batman, depends on the writer though. They have him do stupid ? ? to win. Also Flash, he can't possibly lose logically.

I love how you always say ? doesn't count lmmfao. Batman ends up beating them all, I do not know how, but he will. Writers love him. DC and Marvel the company does not matter. Most if not all have a special place in their heart for him.

No seriously the Hulk one doesn't count, it was fan voted or some stupid ? , was illogical, and crossovers don't actually count in the canon continuum of the story, so it literally doesn't count.

And Flash logically should win since he's so fast he outran death, is defined as technically omnipresent, and one of the flashes ran so fast he brought himself back to life not to mention they travel through time and transform into energy(that gave themselves their own powers) through sheer speed alone. There's no real way for him to lose logically.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea but the ? that's unrealistic is that Batman would've physically broken down by now. Dude is so obsessed he'll regularly go days without sleeping, on top of taking physical damage from fights.

His will can run him for a while but even Bane broke him so batman has a limit.

Batman should've turned into the punisher by ow straight merc'n cats because he tired of seeing their faces *Belle Reeve and Arkham are revolving doors.

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea but the ? that's unrealistic is that Batman would've physically broken down by now. Dude is so obsessed he'll regularly go days without sleeping, on top of taking physical damage from fights.

His will can run him for a while but even Bane broke him so batman has a limit.

Batman should've turned into the punisher by ow straight merc'n cats because he tired of seeing their faces *Belle Reeve and Arkham are revolving doors.

I was reading somewhere that this is where the next Batman movie should go. Batman should have a complete break down and either go evil or give the Bat Uniform for good...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But Batman does have a computer file that outlines how to ? the rest of the justicfe league so go figure.